** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Trinidad and Tobago vs England

Re: Trinidad and Tobago vs England We did, good point, but now we`ve nothing to prove a new manager and the players are playing for ther place come august! Don`t you think that will make a difference? As I said not a game to go heavy on but when youre hearts on your sleeve some interest is a must no matter how serious :loon

Re: Trinidad and Tobago vs England

Remember how we struggled agaionst them in the World Cup. A 1-0 win with an 81st minute goal. Now they have home advantage too.
We beat them 2-0 in the World Cup! Crouch scored after around 81 minutes and then Gerrard scored right at the death. An unconvincing win that suddenly made all English fans think we were on the way to glory once more! :wall Think in a way we're much like the Spanish when we qualify for tournaments. We should be a lot more than we actually deliver. I think we will beat Trinidad & Tobago as I really think whatever team we select, the quality should be there. We will have players like Young and Ashton likely playing who will be eager to make their mark and I wouldn't be suprised to see another 2-0 England win.

Re: Trinidad and Tobago vs England I can't believe Golden Balls is @10.00 for 1st goal scorer! Surely with getting the Captains armband back for this, his likely final time he steps foot on a pitch in a competitive International whilst Capello's Manager! he'll go out in a blaze of glory scoring one of his trademark free-kicks! D.Beckham 1st goalscorer @10.00 Paddypower Scorecast D.Beckham 1st goal & England to win 2 v 0 @31.00 :ok

Re: Trinidad and Tobago vs England Well its true you can learn stuff from meaningless games like this 1. Downing is not an international 2. Defoe will not pass to another forward 3. James still can not be trusted 4. Barry will have a long run in the team at the expense of Lampard 5. Ashton aint mobile enough

Re: Trinidad and Tobago vs England I don't think Ashton is good enough at the moment at International level. I think he really needs a full season before he will possibly be at that level. I think he needs the experience and can understand why he was played but think he should be substituted before the start of the second half. I think his touch has been poor, he seems to not always be apparent of the play and drifts offside too easily with a clumsy first touch. Bridge showed that he's a good option on the left, I think so far he and Barry have been the players really coming through the game well. I don't really understand the multi corners bet Football-Tipper, how does it work?

Really?? Well they do say that you learn something new every day! Sorry for fibbing DJ :lol
No worries, it's something I've come to expect from a Gooner! ;) And now I know about the corners thing, didn't realise just how few corners there were in the first half. I think I must have been sleeping through the most of it as both halfs were kinda dull. :unsure I really hope that the European Championships throws up better games than that!

Gareth Barry was 25/1 to score first at Ladbrokes!? Bettingzone tipped him even if it half the odds for the first three goalscorers! Fooking 'ell! :eek :sad Bettingzone - BARRY CAN MAKE A MARK
They took the reasoning though that he would score because he would be made captain. Which wasn't really as accurate as they may have liked, even if followers of their tip did have a reason to celebrate last night. Would be interesting to know what odds Betfair had him at, if Ladbrokes had 25/1 though!!