** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

MadnessDaily 2

madnesstiger

MADNESS DAILY 2 Predesessor: MadnessDaily The original 'MadnessDaily' was based on a Martingale staking method, aiming to 'win'x% profit per bet, using a number of 'recovery bets' dependant on the bets placed. This system was superceded by '100% Madness' which went on to do really well, before a BIG bout of bad luck made it's appearance! However, before my PL days, I enjoyed fairly decent success with this method of staking and cannot see why I shouldn't give it another go... only this time with a few 'tweaks'! The original thread was mainly full of 'backing' bets, and usually gave me 3 attempts to find a winner at odds of ~1.45 to achieve a 3% profit after every winner. Although this was usually consistent enough, there WERE times when the final recovery bet came into play and should 3 losers come along at once, then it meant 'game over'. With this new attempt, I've added the following rules:

• Strictly 'lay' bets only
  • Target will be set at 5% increase of bankroll per winning bet
  • Lay odds to be no higher than 1.83
  • Starting Bank will be £50.00
The reasoning behind these rules I hear you say?!...
  • Laying a selection usually gives slightly better odds than backing the opposite outcome.
  • I would rather lay a football team at 1.83, than pick a winner at 2.20. This way I have 2 chances of winning rather than just the 1.
  • I get 5 chances to find a winner at these settings as opposed to just 3 in the original thread.
  • The bank could be doubled after just 15 winners.

Other than that... it's :hope:hope:hope all the way :) I may make a spreadsheet available for this method should anyone request a copy. Although, it will be very similar to that found in the original thread (link above). MT :ok

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MadnessDaily 2 Have you laid they above bet?! i.e, you're hoping for 3 goals? Honestly, not having a go mate, just shocked when considering how rangers play in the UEFA;

Fiorentina 0-0 (HT 0-0) (agg 0-0) Rangers
Sporting 0-2 (HT 0-0) (agg 0-2) Rangers
Werder Bremen 1-0 (HT 0-0) (agg 1-2) Rangers
Panathinaikos 1-1 (HT 1-0) (agg 1-1) Rangers

Re: MadnessDaily 2 Thanks for the comments guys, and yup, it did end up a loser, but here's my reasons behind making the pick in the first place:

• I read that Zenit were to continue to play an attacking style of football.
  • Although Rangers do let few goals, Zenit score plenty in their matches against (in my opinion) stronger opposition than Rangers.
  • The odds were in my favour!
  • Always expected a Zenit win, but also thought Rangers had the ability to get at least 1 goal.

Anyhow, not to worry... Attempt 2 to follow!

Re: MadnessDaily 2 I gotta hand it to you, mate, you have the best presented GHs here. Nice and tidy, with a great first post, with things like topics, good ideas to keep followers entertained.The 8 stages may not have finished too well but it was like watching somebody playing a game. I was like: 'Come ooon, please reach the following stage faster', could't wait to see you stake big bets. GL with your glory hunting.

Re: MadnessDaily 2

Best of luck with both the threads, will be checking in with interest as always:ok
Cheers mate! So far, 2,losers, but these will be expected more often than winners in this thread. So, onto attempt 3:
DATEATT.SPORTMARKETSELECTIONLAY @ LIABILITY W/L RETURNS NEW BANK
15-May-083TennisMurray vs NadalNadal 2-01.59 £ 4.21 £ 41.15
:hope

I gotta hand it to you' date=' mate, you have the best presented GHs here. Nice and tidy, with a great first post, with things like topics, good ideas to keep followers entertained.The 8 stages may not have finished too well but it was like watching somebody playing a game. I was like: 'Come ooon, please reach the following stage faster', could't wait to see you stake big bets. GL with your glory hunting.[/quote'] Thanks for the kind words mate! I try to mix things up a little to the norm and try to put myself in the readers' position when posting on here, as there's nothing worse than just seeing bet after bet, with no sort of explanation or theories amongst them... in these instances I think to myself that there's no point in posting them in the first place if you're not going to discuss different aspects along the way - it would be easier to just place the bets away from the forum and maybe share a good run with the rest of us should it prove profitable. Anyhow, there's my opinion, enough of my rambling! I know some of mine end up a little boring (especially during the Stages of Madness thread where there was loads of bets to place every day!), I just like to break them up with a bit of chat and banter along the way. Other than that, I can only hope people carry on visiting my threads and following with any level of interest. What i like most (apart from winning of course!) is when people take some of my ideas on board to develop their own 'versions' of betting systems/strategies. Anyway, thanks again mate... just hope I can find some sort of winner to get this one going!! MT :ok

Re: MadnessDaily 2 STILL no winner! Murray 1-4 down in 2nd set as I type, and lost 1st set 3-6. So... onto Attempt 4!

15-May-084FootballCarlisle vs LeedsCarlisle to qualify1.51 £ 5.79 £ 35.36
:hope Leeds have a much better recent form, including several good away wins. Another one here would put them in a great position to qualify in my opinion.

...there's nothing worse than just seeing bet after bet' date=' with no sort of explanation or theories amongst them...[/quote'] This applies to ALOT of the threads here in GH... ...including my own threads! :$ I do agree with you and believe although there is no reasoning required here in the GH section, it's an area where most of us could improve to make reading the threads even more enjoyable

Re: MadnessDaily 2 I never meant to refer to anyone in partiular when I said about threads being boring, and I certainly don't include yourself at all mate! :) (I actually follow yours with much interest). All I meant by what I said was that I like to make more of my threads than just a list of bets. I know alot of my own posts consist of the bets only, but I try to beef them up a bit with conversation such as this (as long as it lasts anyway!)

This is true, keep up the nice work MT :ok
Cheers mate - I try my best! :ok

Re: MadnessDaily 2 Finally a winner after 4 attempts last night. Moving onto BET2...

15-May-084FootballCarlisle vs LeedsCarlisle to qualify1.51 £ 5.79 W £ 16.58 £ 51.94
16-May-081FootballUjpest vs GyoriUjpest to win1.80 £ 2.08 £ 49.86
Only 1 place in the league separates these 2 teams, and Ujpest lost their last game 2-0 away to Paks. Gyori have only lost 2 of their last 10 league games, so I reckon they have a good chance of stealing a point from this match. :hope

I do agree with you and believe although there is no reasoning required here in the GH section, it's an area where most of us could improve to make reading the threads even more enjoyable
Or perhaps a nice historical fact?!
In the reign of Henry VIII, the Bishop of Rochester upset his cook one day. So the cook got his revenge by putting a special herb in the bishop's feast that night. The herb was supposed to give the guests diarrhoea. Unfortunately, two of the guests got diarrhoea till they died. The cook was sent to be hanged for murder. But King Henry VIII said, 'No! hanging is too kind for that villain! I want him boiled alive in his own pot!' And that's what they did. For five years, the punishment for poisoners was to be boiled alive.
Nice goign so far MT. :ok

Re: MadnessDaily 2 GF, Your historical fables are worth reading everytime mate! :ok Anyway, back to the action... BET 3, ATTEMPT 1

16-May-081FootballDoncaster vs SouthendUnder 4.5 Goals (I-P)1.77 £ 2.09 £ - £ 52.32
A hint of the old 'more goals in the 1st half = more chance of goals in the 2nd! Not expecting this to be as easy as the last attempt, but hey, let's see what happens! :hope (Bet placed when 3-0, 45mins)

Re: MadnessDaily 2 3 winners so far.

16-May-081FootballDoncaster vs SouthendUnder 4.5 Goals (I-P)1.77 £ 2.09 W £ 4.68 £ 57.00
STRIKE-RATE: 50% CURRENT YIELD: 37.2% PROFIT/LOSS: +£7.00 [+14% on starting bank] :)

Re: MadnessDaily 2 BET 4, ATTEMPT 1 Hopefully Rochdale's strong finish to the season will help overcome the 1-2 defeat from the 1st leg.

17-May-081FootballRochdale vs DarlingtonDarlington to qualify1.70 £ 2.00 £ - £ 55.00
:hope Kick-Off 1200 BST

Re: MadnessDaily 2 Rochdale win penalties 5-4! :) *** Bet 5

DATEATT.SPORTMARKETSELECTIONLAY @ LIABILITY W/L RETURNS
17-May-081FootballCardiff vs PortsmouthNext Goal P'mouth1.73 £ 2.16 £ -
:hope Cannot see this being a walk-over for Portsmouth by any means, and would like to see the underdogs lift the trophy. Portsmouth are 2-7 F/A in their last 6 league games Cardiff are 12-11 F/A in their last 6 league games Yes, there is a big difference in class of teams here, but as you can see, Portsmouth haven't been scoring freely of late, and can see Cardiff getting the first goal.

Re: MadnessDaily 2 HT Portsmouth 1-0 Cardiff I still think Cardiff have a chance here, and in my opinion, have provided the best football and more consistent at going forward. On that basis, here's Attempt 2 of 5

17-May-082FootballCardiff vs PortsmouthPortsmouth to win1.35 £ 1.79 £ - £ 55.20
:hope

Re: MadnessDaily 2 Cardiff came close, but it remained 1-0 and attempt 2 became a loser. Onto Attempt 3 then,

17-May-083FootballFerrol vs TenerifeUnder 2.5 Goals1.81 £ 5.60 £ 49.60
:hope Tenerife have the 2nd-worst away record in the league, and have conceded 12 goals in the last 6 league games, and scored 7. Ferrol are in good recent form having lost just 2 matches from their last 10 in the league. Ferrol are over 2.5 in their last 3 league games. Tenerife are over 2.5 in 3 of their last 4 league games.

Re: MadnessDaily 2 0-0.. :lol And on we go to Attempt 4...

17-May-084FootballNancy vs RennesUnder 2.5 Goals1.85 £ 10.61 £ - £ 38.99
Last day of the French Ligue 1 season, and both teams will be after a win here towards the top of the table. Nancy need to win to be certain of 3rd place and Rennes need to go all-out attack to find a win to stand any chance of finishing in the top 5. As an added bonus here, Rennes have been over in their last 3 matches. Let's hope for a fourth in a row in this one! :hope