ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBerdych T. vs Safin M.
SelectionSafin M.
Strength10/10
Date14/05/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningBerdych will play first match after right ankle injury, ahd I think, his form is not good in th moment. Besides, he has already lost to Safin this season in Moskow, and Marat had 3 strong victories here over Reister, Korolev and Cilic. In his last match against Cilic he hasn't even lost a serve (despite 8 bp Cilic had), and Safin's motivation is very high in Hamburg - Marat need to play on clay before Rolan Garros. So, in his condition Berdych can't win, I think. Play Safin and good luck!
How did your other matches go ?:)

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMoya C. vs Rochus O.
SelectionRochus O.
Strength10/10
Date14/05/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningMoya don't want to play tennis at the moment. 4 lost matches in a row, then dramatic win over Benneteau, who poor on clay. Carlos lost his serve 4 times (and 12 bp overall Benneteau had). Yes, Rochus is not well on clay either, but he is fighting here for the every point (he saved 15 of 18 (!!!) bp against Naso in first round). And Moya is not fighter IMO. I think, it will be strong clash between these two men, but Rochus will win due to his strong-willed qualities. Or Moya will lose in 2 sets...

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May First good day in a while today going 5-1, got a feeling tomorrow is going to be a different story altogether though! Andy Murray @ 6.4 Surprised by these odds. Murray is looking to further build on two confidence boosting results against Tursenov and Simon who are no walkovers. There is no doubt Nadal is struggling with his fitness at the moment, and Murray definitely has the mettle to take him where Starace failed to today. Ivo Karlovich @ 6.2 A shot to nothing really this one. Djoko hasnt had much of a break in the last week or so but he hasnt exactly been pushed to the limit. I just feel that if Ivo can bring his A service game then Djoko might decide his priorities lie elsewhere... Alize Cornet @ 3.6 This girl just seems to keep pulling out results left right and centre. Two semi final appearences on clay so far this year. No reason not to take the plunge really! GL tomorrow all :ok

SportTennis
EventNadal-Murray
SelectionMurray +5.5 games handicap
Strength10/10
Date15/05/2008
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningGoing here on Murray as i believe that he can keep this one close and Nadal is not playing his best lately and he looks little bit tired.Murray beat Tursunov and Simon easily in two sets while Nadal had a lot of troubles with Starace 6-4,7-6.This offer is just to good not to take.

SportTennis
EventSafin-Moya
SelectionMoya
Strength10/10
Date15/05/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetDirect @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningGoing here on experienced player like Moya and i believe that he can do the job here by beating Safin who is not anything special.Moya is experienced clay player and i believe in his win here.

SportTennis
EventKuznetsova-Cornet
SelectionOver 19.5 games
Strength10/10
Date15/05/2008
Bookmaker/PriceFonbet @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningHere i like Cornet but i will try with an over as that bet seems lot better for me and line is too low as bookies underestimate a lot Cornet here.Kuznetsova is not in great form and RG is coming so she probably wont push too much.

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Pironkova T. v Azarenka V. 15/05/2008 15:00 In my opinion this Pironkova will go out victoriously from this “fight”. From where such high course on it, I do not know. In my opinion this promotions from the side Bwin;) Azarenka had easy adversaries how till now. HoweverPironkova won already with the better rivals: Zakopalova and Ivanovic. Today's meeting will not be easy, but I judge that this Pironova will go out victoriously ;) Is very manly and has " heart” to the game. pick 1 odds 3.6 stake 3/10 Bwin

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Anyone watch Kiefer? That was awesome, great to see him playing well again:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Just gone for a small lay of Nadal - not impressed with him yesterday, could be still struggling physically. Murray looked good yesterday - interestingly playing more aggressive which was very good.

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May I had Murray on the handicap. Thought he could at least keep the sets tight but he was totally clueless out there. No gameplan whatsoever apart from some desperation serve/volley which he managed to **** up more often than not.

I had Murray on the handicap. Thought he could at least keep the sets tight but he was totally clueless out there. No gameplan whatsoever apart from some desperation serve/volley which he managed to **** up more often than not.
Yep, wasn't good. I thought Nadal was excellent - much improved from the match against Starace.

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Quick thoughts.... Verdasco seems to be playing really well. He's hitting the ball great and seemed to have an added confidence about him. Could well run Federer pretty close but if he gets ahead would expect a choke. Djokovic was a little flat yesterday but maybe that was because he was playing Ivo and was just happy to play hard in the big moments. He came through in 2 so can't really complain. Have to feel Montanes has been a bit lucky so far - Fish was woeful again, he got a very good win over Acasuso but I didn't see that so can't comment. Tipsarevic's effort was appaling yesterday, not sure what was up with him. I can see Novak giving out a beating today, could be very one-sided if he starts well. Nadal v Moya matches are usually interesting and I'm not sure about this one. I thought Nadal was excellent yesterday and a repeat of that performance should see him through easily. I said at the start of the week to watch out for Moya coming back to form and here he is in the quarters. He's had some tough matches and you need to be 100% to just get some games off Nadal on clay and that's a bit of a worry. It all points to an easy Nadal win but when these two meet sometimes strange things can happen. Kiefer v Seppi is the only one today with close prices. really impressed with Kiefer this week, he's beaten Mathieu, tired Wawrinka and Davydenko without dropping a set. Especially yesterday he was awesome, and at home he's really stepped up. But Seppi too has been playing well, Gasquet was a non-runner but I saw most of his match yesterday and he was just dominating! I'd just like to see Kiefer come through, and with his added heat on serve I think he deserves to be a slight favourite. In the ladies I think Jankovic looks a decent fav, not really looked into the other matches.

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Tsvetana Pironkova v Anna Chakvetadze 16/05/2008 13:00 (CET) Again I'm play on Pironkova. Is in the excellent form and I think that will advise today itself without the problems with Anna. I do not see here other result how winnings Pironkova!! But therefore Tsvetana it it!! pick 1 odds 2.5 stake 7/10 Bet365

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Federer v Seppi. This could be a little bit interesting. Seppi had a major wobble against Kiefer but still played really well as he has done all week. H2H is 1-0 to Federer 7-6 7-6 in Monte Carlo last year but it should be mentioned that was Federer's first match on clay that season. Can't see past Federer, but the handicap will be worth looking at. Nadal v Djokovic. Got to be Nadal for me. He's been awesome in his last two matches and after not winning Rome he's sending a message this week that he's still the top dog. Djokovic has been OK this week, but nothing special. Doing the Rome/Hamburg double is incredibly difficult and I can't see him coming through here. I don't think he's served well this week, and I just see Nadal being all over him. Vamos Nadal! Cornet v Chakvetadze. Very interesting match here. Chak has been in shocking form this year and despite getting some wins this week she still doesn't seem to be playing too well. She's had 3 tough 3 setters this week and up against someone in the form of Cornet I think she's really struggle. Cornet has come through qualifying and had great wins over Schiavone and Kuznetsova without dropping a set. Got a walkover against Serena which could be a big plus after 5 matches in this tournament. She has been excellent on clay this year and is improving rapidly. Based on form Cornet has to be a big favourite. The concern is that this is a really big match for Cornet and the chance to reach her first Tier 1 final. However, I'm not that concerned as she looks like a winner and is ready to hit the big time. Sharapova v Jankovic. Another interesting one and I'm surprised to see Jankovic as such a big dog. Sharapova has struggled all week and had a pretty late - and long - match with Schnyder. Everyone knows she's not as her best on clay and Jankovic should have a big edge in movement. Jankovic has looked good this week and got an excellent win over Venus in the last round. Jankovic destroyed the field in this tournament last year beating a pretty tough draw of Paszek, A Bondarenko, Dementieva, Schnyder and Kuznetsova without dropping a set. Should be up for a big effort to defend her title and I think she'll get it done.

Federer v Seppi. This could be a little bit interesting. Seppi had a major wobble against Kiefer but still played really well as he has done all week. H2H is 1-0 to Federer 7-6 7-6 in Monte Carlo last year but it should be mentioned that was Federer's first match on clay that season. Can't see past Federer, but the handicap will be worth looking at. Nadal v Djokovic. Got to be Nadal for me. He's been awesome in his last two matches and after not winning Rome he's sending a message this week that he's still the top dog. Djokovic has been OK this week, but nothing special. Doing the Rome/Hamburg double is incredibly difficult and I can't see him coming through here. I don't think he's served well this week, and I just see Nadal being all over him. Vamos Nadal! Cornet v Chakvetadze. Very interesting match here. Chak has been in shocking form this year and despite getting some wins this week she still doesn't seem to be playing too well. She's had 3 tough 3 setters this week and up against someone in the form of Cornet I think she's really struggle. Cornet has come through qualifying and had great wins over Schiavone and Kuznetsova without dropping a set. Got a walkover against Serena which could be a big plus after 5 matches in this tournament. She has been excellent on clay this year and is improving rapidly. Based on form Cornet has to be a big favourite. The concern is that this is a really big match for Cornet and the chance to reach her first Tier 1 final. However, I'm not that concerned as she looks like a winner and is ready to hit the big time. Sharapova v Jankovic. Another interesting one and I'm surprised to see Jankovic as such a big dog. Sharapova has struggled all week and had a pretty late - and long - match with Schnyder. Everyone knows she's not as her best on clay and Jankovic should have a big edge in movement. Jankovic has looked good this week and got an excellent win over Venus in the last round. Jankovic destroyed the field in this tournament last year beating a pretty tough draw of Paszek, A Bondarenko, Dementieva, Schnyder and Kuznetsova without dropping a set. Should be up for a big effort to defend her title and I think she'll get it done.
Thank you for your opinions Mr.Intensity. But i want to ask one more question :) The winner of djokovic-nadal match will be the second seed in roland garros.Will this situation gives special meaning for this match? or nothing special? Thanks

Thank you for your opinions Mr.Intensity. But i want to ask one more question :) The winner of djokovic-nadal match will be the second seed in roland garros.Will this situation gives special meaning for this match? or nothing special? Thanks
Hi, just saw this. They've been talking about the No 2 ranking all week and asked Nadal and Djokovic about it in interviews. I certainly think the No 2 ranking means more to them than being No 2 seed in the French. Especially for Nadal, he knows he can beat everybody on clay - maybe Djokovic would be thinking about it a bit because he hasn't beaten Federer on clay this year, but anyway he didn't get it done today.

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Nadal v Federer. Here we go again! In Monte Carlo, Federer was very close to Rafa and had good chances in both sets. Still not sre how he didn't take a set and mentally that's a little worrying. However, he is excellent on this clay court and this is certainly his best chance of beating Nadal on clay - just like last year. Federer has looked good this week especially in the semi I thought he was very good against Seppi. Nadal had a big battle with Djokovic and as I've mentioned a few times he does struggle putting in big performances in consecutive days. On clay this is much less of a factor than on hard courts but there is still a chance I feel of it affecting the match. I'm quite tempted to back Federer - although the things I have said in Federers favour already seem to be quite factored into this price. Should be a good final, and I think Federer will take at least a set. Jankovic v Cornet. Cornet did well to come through a tough match against Chakvetadze, but I think she'll struggle in the final. After a long week and a long semi (albeit with quarter final day off) I think physically and mentally she could be a bit tired. It's also her first Tier 1 final and she's against a very good competitor in Jankovic who seems to be playing really well. She got a walkover against Sharapova (think she would have won anywhere) and is defending her title. Think Jankovic gets it done and should be 2-0.

Re: ATP Hamburg & WTA Rome 11th-18th May Fed/Rafa just gone into a 3rd. This is some final! Thought it was going to be another 7-5 7-5 to Rafa - awesome stuff for Federer to take that set, mentally it must have been really tough. Would like to see Federer to take this, would set the French up perfectly:hope