ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April Think I'm only playing one tomorrow.... MONFILS @ 5.00 bet365. Looking for a big upset here, and I think I have a real chance. Federer has been below par all year and he looks even worse on the clay. Last week I thought he was average all week, despite a couple of comfortable scorelines. He lost a set to Rochus which is excuseable as he has always had problems will Olly and it was his first match on clay. But later in the week he lost a set easily to Gremelmayr which is awful then he struggled against Davydenko in the final before the Russian retired. He started this week played terribly against Ramirez-Hidalgo being down 5-1 in the final set before the Spaniard seriously choked. I said a while ago I thought he'd really struggle on the clay making a lot of errors, and it's happening. I thought it would just be his backhand but he's missing a lot of forehands, hitting out wildly which is a massive concern. Also a little concerned with the scheduling, he doesn't normally play consecutive weeks, had some rain delays in Estoril and had to dig deep against Hidalgo. I can see Monfils being a really bad match up for him on clay - he'll make a lot of balls and can also get through the court from the back. I've been impressed with Monfils this week, he's taking down Verdasco and Karlovic and played some very reasonable stuff. He's finally hitting some form and on clay he can be a big force. People say he slices his forehand too much, but I can see that being pretty effective against Fed who will lash out. H2H is 2-0 to Federer including a few weeks ago in Miami, both matches have been fairly close straight sets wins but on clay, Monfils has a much better chance. Final point is Monfils playing at home, and should have great crowd support especially after everyone seeing Fed run so close - Monfils is one for the big match atmosphere and I think he has a great chance.

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April

After Federer which is after Nadal who is currently on. Could be anything between 2:30pm and 4pm.
That should be on actually The Spanish cut any programme to show Nadal! Yep, got it! Cheers Mr I :ok

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April Just got to do it.... NALBANDIAN @ 2.02 Betfair. When I first saw these prices, I was quite surprised. I expected federer to be a decent fav. However, I've been thinking about it a lot tonight and realised I'm living in the past! Fed came through against Monfils but this is a totally different proposition. I think in the match we'll see all of Feds weaknesses and Nalbandian to give him a good beating. I've been opposing Fed quite a lot this year so you know my thoughts on him, and this is a good opportunity. Nalbandian took care of Fed twice indoors at the end of last year squaring the H2H 8-8. Since then, he's been very average, and maybe that can be put down to the expection put on him after those wins. But, this week he has been much better playing pretty well against Rochus then destroying Robredo. He's always given Federer problems, and with the form Bandy has shown this week, we're going to see that Fed can't deal with them anymore.

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April Whole world seems to be on Fat Dave. I got on him early at 11/10 with Paddypower. He said at the start of the week he was carrying a few injuries but he's been pretty flawless so far. He looked immense against Robredo and the whole world knows that Fed has been struggling. He barely survived against the journeyman Ramirez-Hidalgo. Not sure how Nalbandian will handle the much higher expectation on his shoulders this time but all signs suggest he's the right bet as an underdog. BOL Mr I and others on the Fat Dave Express

Mr.Intensity ; What is your opinion about Nadal - Ferrer match? Thanks
Everyone is mentioning Ferrer winning the last two meetings, in big matches at the US Open and Masters Cup. But on clay, mmm just can't see Nadal losing. I thought Nadal would be a little bigger, something like 1.30 but I'm not tempted to take Ferrer. On the hardcourts Ferrer could hit winners against Nadal but that won't happen very often today, so I expect Ferrer to make a few more errors than you'd normally expect. I think he can keep it pretty close, maybe something like Nadal 7-5 6-4. Glad I didn't bet on that Davy - Andreev match!:loon Was pretty good if you like to lay the guy in front!

Glad I didn't bet on that Davy - Andreev match!:loon Was pretty good if you like to lay the guy in front!
I should have learned by now to stay away from any court donky is gracing :spank 115 unforced errors in the match :loon

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April Nadal v Davydenko UNDER 20.5 games @ 2.2 Paddy Power. Taking this on the basis of Nadal ripping Davydenko apart and getting revenge for Miami. Just really don't fancy Davy for this. He was awful against Andreev and physically he looked kanckered. He's coming off Estoril last week where he had to retire in the final against Fed and this week has had 2 tough 3 setters. If he doesn't take the 1st set I'd expect him to wilt and go down something like 6-4 6-1. Nadal has been very strong this week and has shown why he is king of clay (apart from the start of the second set against Ferrer!). I'm expecting him to be disappointed with the performance against Ferrer and really come out firing. People will mention the very tight meeting they had in Rome last year but I think Davydenkos condition will be the major factor here. DJOKOVIC @ 1.87 Pinnacle. Gone against Federer twice now, surely 3rd time will be the charm. Federer was excellent against Nalbandian, but call me crazy, I'm still not sure of his form. I think it will be tough for him to put in 2 performances in a row, and could struggle against Djokovic. Djokovic battered Federer in Australia and ascended to the top of the game taking that title. This is there first meeting since and Djokovic needs to prove a point, that on clay he has Federers number too. I think Djokovic has been excellent this week, really taking apart Murray and was really comfortable against Querrey, a match which could have been 6-0 6-0 if he'd taken his chances in the 1st set. Obviously Fed will have a lot of support after his performance against Nalbandian, but I still like Djokovic in this match.

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April Hah, my favoite Djokovic bet! Djoko is showing some exelent tennis this year, but I must say that this is first clay tournatment and I don't like performance he is showing. Lets make it clear, he is playing great, but after watching all important games in his carrier, I am not quite sattisfied and think he can do a little more better. It is true that he rise his form from match to match and reach top form for semi and finals. On the other side, FedEx is having terrible season and he hired a coach because its not everything right with his play. Stuning comeback with Nalbandian but I think he will not have some chances with Djoko who mastered tactical match preparation and ofcourse Federrer is always great challange for every player and everyone have plus motivation against him. So, I will also go with Djokovic @ 1.70 but couse, this is two great players, so I will go only with 3/10, and save the rest of the stakes for the beer :) and have chilling saturday aftenoon GL Mates!

Re: ATP Monte Carlo 21st-27th April 1-0 today with Nadal getting it done and Djokovic retiring. Not touching the final tomorrow, surely Nadal takes it down? I'm staying away because I think this is going to be Fed's best week on the clay this year, so he might just sneak it but I don't know how!