Davis Cup Quarter Finals 11th-13th April

Re: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 11th-13th April SAFIN @ 3.15 Pinnacle. Just got a feeling about Safin here. He’s been awful recently but in Davis Cup, at home, Tarpischev showing faith in him, I think he’ll perform. Also a switch in surface may help him. Surface shouldn’t really favour either guy, both better on other surfaces but both can play really well on clay. Berdych has an excellent Davis Cup record but had a poor loss to Roddick last year at home on clay, and I always think he’s liable to blow up in a big match. Berdych had an excellent week in Miami before losing to Nadal, but that may not be a good thing. He’s mentioned in interview the time difference and he travelled from Miami to Europe then to Moscow and with the surface change that’s pretty tough. Also, it’s a pretty decent recipe for a bit of food poisoning isn’t it? All in all I think this is a really tough start for Berdych, and Safin at home is worth a shot at this price. ANDREEV @ 1.53 Bet365. Andreev, at home, on a slow clay court is a very tough proposition. He’s also a bad match up for Stepanek as the kick he gets off the surface will really be tough for Stepanek with his early and flat groundstrokes. Andreev also looks to have found a bit of form playing well in Dubai and Miami. Stepanek is definitely capable on clay, but his best results are certainly on the quicker clay courts i.e. final in Gstaad, final in Hamburg. I just fancy Andreev here, and at home I think this is a reasonable price. KOHLSCHREIBER @ 2.17 Pinnacle. Got to back Kohlschreiber as a dog here. He’s been in very good form this year, apart from a lost time out against Bolelli which I don’t think has much influence here. Indoors he actually has a bad record, but his game should be good indoors and in Davis Cup I expect him to step up. Ferrer has been awful since the Aussie Open this year and that type of prolonged poor form is a concern. He hit peak form last year indoors but I can’t see him suddenly hitting top form here. Surprising he doesn’t have much Davis Cup experience only playing 2 live rubbers and I think that will show here. Germans are very good at home and I expect Kohlschreiber to have a big weekend and make this a very tough tie. As a small dog he’s worth a go.

Re: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 11th-13th April

KOHLSCHREIBER @ 2.17 Pinnacle. Got to back Kohlschreiber as a dog here. He’s been in very good form this year, apart from a lost time out against Bolelli which I don’t think has much influence here. Indoors he actually has a bad record, but his game should be good indoors and in Davis Cup I expect him to step up. Ferrer has been awful since the Aussie Open this year and that type of prolonged poor form is a concern. He hit peak form last year indoors but I can’t see him suddenly hitting top form here. Surprising he doesn’t have much Davis Cup experience only playing 2 live rubbers and I think that will show here. Germans are very good at home and I expect Kohlschreiber to have a big weekend and make this a very tough tie. As a small dog he’s worth a go.
I agree on Kohlschreiber, but I've taken Germany to win @ 4.00 (betfair). I don't think Spain should be this great favorite here. Germany plays at home and has chosen surface and balls. Ferrer has been playing really bad lately and Nadal didn't have time to rest after Miami. The Spanish double is a joke and it wouldn't surprise me to reach Sunday games with a 2-1 lead for Germany.

I agree on Kohlschreiber' date=' but I've taken [b']Germany to win @ 4.00 (betfair). I don't think Spain should be this great favorite here. Germany plays at home and has chosen surface and balls. Ferrer has been playing really bad lately and Nadal didn't have time to rest after Miami. The Spanish double is a joke and it wouldn't surprise me to reach Sunday games with a 2-1 lead for Germany.
Good luck mate. Germans without Haas and Waske for the doubles, actually fancy Spain quite strongly for that:unsure

SAFIN @ 3.15 Pinnacle. Just got a feeling about Safin here. He’s been awful recently but in Davis Cup, at home, Tarpischev showing faith in him, I think he’ll perform. Also a switch in surface may help him. Surface shouldn’t really favour either guy, both better on other surfaces but both can play really well on clay. Berdych has an excellent Davis Cup record but had a poor loss to Roddick last year at home on clay, and I always think he’s liable to blow up in a big match. Berdych had an excellent week in Miami before losing to Nadal, but that may not be a good thing. He’s mentioned in interview the time difference and he travelled from Miami to Europe then to Moscow and with the surface change that’s pretty tough. Also, it’s a pretty decent recipe for a bit of food poisoning isn’t it? All in all I think this is a really tough start for Berdych, and Safin at home is worth a shot at this price. ANDREEV @ 1.53 Bet365. Andreev, at home, on a slow clay court is a very tough proposition. He’s also a bad match up for Stepanek as the kick he gets off the surface will really be tough for Stepanek with his early and flat groundstrokes. Andreev also looks to have found a bit of form playing well in Dubai and Miami. Stepanek is definitely capable on clay, but his best results are certainly on the quicker clay courts i.e. final in Gstaad, final in Hamburg. I just fancy Andreev here, and at home I think this is a reasonable price. KOHLSCHREIBER @ 2.17 Pinnacle. Got to back Kohlschreiber as a dog here. He’s been in very good form this year, apart from a lost time out against Bolelli which I don’t think has much influence here. Indoors he actually has a bad record, but his game should be good indoors and in Davis Cup I expect him to step up. Ferrer has been awful since the Aussie Open this year and that type of prolonged poor form is a concern. He hit peak form last year indoors but I can’t see him suddenly hitting top form here. Surprising he doesn’t have much Davis Cup experience only playing 2 live rubbers and I think that will show here. Germans are very good at home and I expect Kohlschreiber to have a big weekend and make this a very tough tie. As a small dog he’s worth a go.
Re food poisoning (shh) - the Czechs are staying in the hotel infamous in this respect - have been there for almost the whole week though:unsure

Re food poisoning (shh) - the Czechs are staying in the hotel infamous in this respect - have been there for almost the whole week though:unsure
Well Berdych is doing OK - maybe it's Stepanek they went for this time?:unsure All of Russia believes in Safin anyway:ok

Re: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 11th-13th April Very frustrating day. After the big win from Safin awful effort from Andreev and Kohlschreiber apparently struggling with injury from the 2nd set. Would be surprised to see him in the doubles tomorrow. Still a small profit to level stakes today.

Re: Davis Cup Quarter Finals 11th-13th April Doubles today.... SPAIN @ 1.72 Boylesports. Good chance for Spain to finish off the tie here. Lopez and Verdasco have a 2-3 record in Davis Cup but have been up against some good teams including the Bryans and Arthurs/Woodbridge. Today they play a pretty dodgy German team and I think they should be around 1.50 favourites. Not sure who's going to line up for Germany as Kohlschreiber had injury problems and the alternative is Berrer who would be a decent replacement. But that would leave a very inexperienced team of Petzschner/Berrer and at home 2-0 down against a couple of experienced Davis Cup players I wouldn't fancy them. If Kohlschreiber is fit then they have more of a chance but still I like the Spaniards at this price. ARGENTINA @ 1.83 Boylesports. Very good day for Sweden yesterday but this price is very big for the Argies today. Nalbandian is 6-0 at home in doubles including good wins over Arthurs/Hanley and Bjorkman/Aspelin. Canas is 3-1 at home with the only loss coming against Ivanisevic/Ljubicic 8-6 in the fifth. Nalbandian/Canas lost to the Swedes in Sweden last year but that was on a quick carpet court and this will be very different. Bjorkman is only 2-3 on clay in Davis Cup and Lindstedt has only played one live rubber in Davis Cup and I don't fancy this team much today. Going into this 1-1 ensures the Argies will be focused today and they should get the win.