** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horse Racing "Fan" Site

Im currently out of work (through choice!!), and waiting for some money so I can start and intensive spanish course, but am very bored at the moment. Decided I'm gonna start on a horse racing site with results stats, news, discussios maybe etc etc. After seeing some of those vids can like the results to vids off you tube etc. Anyone got any ideas or links to any other useful resources except the obvious ones? May just start with the flat then move over to the jumps as well, seeing how it goes May be a load of shit, but it will pass the time I guess and give me something to do!!!

Re: Horse Racing "Fan" Site I am looking for a service which provides uptodate form or trends via a webservice. Basically I want to enter all the horses (in a particular race) into my app and my app use some resource to pick out different specific stats on each runner to calculate my personal ratings. So similar to you I am looking for any rources which are preferably free and available in an electronic format without having to do page scraping.

Re: Horse Racing "Fan" Site

I am looking for a service which provides uptodate form or trends via a webservice. Basically I want to enter all the horses (in a particular race) into my app and my app use some resource to pick out different specific stats on each runner to calculate my personal ratings. So similar to you I am looking for any rources which are preferably free and available in an electronic format without having to do page scraping.
I can do a trends section (good idea actually), but the site won't be technical at all. I can build web pages but am not up on a lot of scripts etc. It will certainly be free!! Hopefully it can help you once finished in someway still.

Re: Horse Racing "Fan" Site Not sure i understand what you want Rat, can you be more specific at all. Dont get the vids bit either? Loads of resources for the punter on the BHA site though, its just a nightmare site to navigate to be honest, make one like theirs but simpler!

Re: Horse Racing "Fan" Site I don't want anything except to pass the time! For now anyway. Got a few ideas to add to the site but just looking at ideas. A better site the BHA site but easier to navigate is a big help I have been around the big sites today looking for ideas and improvements, and although i cannot copt everything on the BHA site I did note it was a bit of a c''t to find your way around, but at the end of the day it has a lot of original material (obviously), and beofre i get to writing original material myself i need to get the basics and history down! When it comes to the vids bit, the aim is to have all the results from the classics over the years,as a resource, but where possible also have the links to the videos fro the race off youtube At this point just looking for suggestions etc. Then I will start work on it Just spent yesterday looking at tother sites and doing a bit of research

Re: Horse Racing "Fan" Site Hi Rat, Great idea and I hope it goes well for you :hope One thing I would love to be able to see each day is a hot trainers and jockeys section as I always try and make my picks based on current trainer and jockey form as it is a big asset if they are in form. Also maybe a draw guide for all the flat courses as some courses have a big bias over certain distances and on certain types of ground. I do know that other sites have this, but most are not up to date due to alterations to courses to negotiate against the biases. Let us know when you have something up and running as I would love to see it :ok

The main problem you are going to have is keeping it up to date' date=' all these stats people are requesting will be very time consuming on a daily basis.[/quote'] Yea, I'm very aware of that. As I said, best thing to do for now is get the layout and historic data up to speed, then see where i lie after this

Yea, I'm very aware of that. As I said, best thing to do for now is get the layout and historic data up to speed, then see where i lie after this
Yes I think laying out the historic data is the way to go, especially making it easier to pick out trends. I dont know whether it is best to start with the big races perhaps by racecourse, thus less updates required.

Anyone on here good with graphics cause I am not Toying with called the site The Winners Enclosure but any other suggestions welcome
grapphics anyone? really need a logo. I got a program called xara X but im too incompetent to use it!!