** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

TOWCESTER ~ Wednesday 9th April..

Re: TOWCESTER ~ Wednesday 9th April.. 3-00 Towcester - Follow The Flow Has run here 12 times, winning 3 times, 2nd 3 times, and third 3rd once. This course has a steep uphill finish, and he clearly likes it. This doesn't include his 4th in the 2003 debacle where the first 5 home got thrown out for taking the wrong course :loon Others to have raced here are The Trampoline King, Gemini Storm, Desperate Dex, Arceye, Super Lady, The Walnut Tree and Baron Romeo, and with roughly 12 runs between them they managed to muster 2 seconds and a third. Follow the Flow has contested a lot of Class 4 chases here. This is easier. Two runs ago he was 20/1 in a lower class race (5) and was pulled up after blunders. He was back in class 4 last time, and was backed at 15/2, which may indicate that somebody is expecting a return to form. He finished 4th of 10 with the other 6 falling or pulling up. If he hadn't made a balls up of the 2nd last he may have got a bit closer than the 23 lengths he was beaten. Dropping down the weights and running off 74 today, when he has won off 101 in the past. Got to be an each way bet at about 10/1.

Re: TOWCESTER ~ Wednesday 9th April.. 16.00 Sole Agent WIN 2/1 Placed in 4 of 7 chase starts, but a good run LTO and off a much more attractive mark here. If repeating the run from LTO should take this, especially with a stable doing well at the moment. Ground and distance fine.

Re: TOWCESTER ~ Wednesday 9th April.. 3-30 Towcester (take your pick) As in my previous post, these 4 have all had experience of the course :- Paddys Tern (about 16/1) - 2 runs here, a 2nd (of 12) at 33/1 in a juvenile novices event, and a win (10 ran) last time in a handicap where he drew away from the second last. Looks sound each way value, even with a hike in the weights. Elegant Cutter (33/1) - 1 race here. His previous win at Warwick saw him raised 14 pounds, but he won this race quite well as he picked them off over the last half mile. Not raced here since, but did win off 104 at Utttoxeter. A pound lighter today, and jockey Quinlan taking off another 5. Earlsfield Raider (20/1) - 4 runs here, with a win and a 2nd. Only run over 2 miles on good to soft twice. Was rated 122 before injury, but looks to be no forlorn hope. Somebody may know why he ran over 3 miles last time out, because I haven't got a clue. Rawaabet (33/1)- 2 runs here. Won a selling hurdle here, three days after running on the flat 11 months ago. Had a 1 mile race on the AW at Southwell a fortnight ago, finishing nearer last than first at 10/1. No idea what his trainer is playing at, but these are fun bets anyway. On Betfair at the moment they are (from the top) 7/2, 9/2 and the other 2 are 8/1 for places only. If I'm winning a shilling ot two by 3-30 I may indulge in forecasts and tricasts. Stranger things have happened at sea. :lol

Re: TOWCESTER ~ Wednesday 9th April.. 4.30 TIZZY BLUE 7/2 pulled up lto at Newbury in dreadful conditions, peviously had won pretty well at wincanton and finished third to pocket aces.(form has worked out well) this race is not as competitive as the one at newbury and hopefully AP can bring home the money.

Re: TOWCESTER ~ Wednesday 9th April..

16.00 Sole Agent WIN 2/1 Placed in 4 of 7 chase starts, but a good run LTO and off a much more attractive mark here. If repeating the run from LTO should take this, especially with a stable doing well at the moment. Ground and distance fine.
PU 2 lost out of 2 today Onwards and upwards

4.30 TIZZY BLUE 7/2 pulled up lto at Newbury in dreadful conditions, peviously had won pretty well at wincanton and finished third to pocket aces.(form has worked out well) this race is not as competitive as the one at newbury and hopefully AP can bring home the money.
:cow:beer:nana:dude

3-00 Towcester - Follow The Flow Has run here 12 times, winning 3 times, 2nd 3 times, and third 3rd once. This course has a steep uphill finish, and he clearly likes it. This doesn't include his 4th in the 2003 debacle where the first 5 home got thrown out for taking the wrong course :loon Others to have raced here are The Trampoline King, Gemini Storm, Desperate Dex, Arceye, Super Lady, The Walnut Tree and Baron Romeo, and with roughly 12 runs between them they managed to muster 2 seconds and a third. Follow the Flow has contested a lot of Class 4 chases here. This is easier. Two runs ago he was 20/1 in a lower class race (5) and was pulled up after blunders. He was back in class 4 last time, and was backed at 15/2, which may indicate that somebody is expecting a return to form. He finished 4th of 10 with the other 6 falling or pulling up. If he hadn't made a balls up of the 2nd last he may have got a bit closer than the 23 lengths he was beaten. Dropping down the weights and running off 74 today, when he has won off 101 in the past. Got to be an each way bet at about 10/1.
And therein lies the difference between bookies and Betfair. Two horses were withdrawn, bookies didn't pay the 4th, but Betfair did :ok

3-30 Towcester (take your pick) As in my previous post, these 4 have all had experience of the course :- Paddys Tern (about 16/1) - 2 runs here, a 2nd (of 12) at 33/1 in a juvenile novices event, and a win (10 ran) last time in a handicap where he drew away from the second last. Looks sound each way value, even with a hike in the weights. Elegant Cutter (33/1) - 1 race here. His previous win at Warwick saw him raised 14 pounds, but he won this race quite well as he picked them off over the last half mile. Not raced here since, but did win off 104 at Utttoxeter. A pound lighter today, and jockey Quinlan taking off another 5. Earlsfield Raider (20/1) - 4 runs here, with a win and a 2nd. Only run over 2 miles on good to soft twice. Was rated 122 before injury, but looks to be no forlorn hope. Somebody may know why he ran over 3 miles last time out, because I haven't got a clue. Rawaabet (33/1)- 2 runs here. Won a selling hurdle here, three days after running on the flat 11 months ago. Had a 1 mile race on the AW at Southwell a fortnight ago, finishing nearer last than first at 10/1. No idea what his trainer is playing at, but these are fun bets anyway. On Betfair at the moment they are (from the top) 7/2, 9/2 and the other 2 are 8/1 for places only. If I'm winning a shilling ot two by 3-30 I may indulge in forecasts and tricasts. Stranger things have happened at sea. :lol
Ended up backing all 4 of them each way on Betfair. Rawaabet went about 11/4 in running near the end of the race. I traded out at 4/1, but left the places to run. It was 9.4 when I backed it for a place. So nicked a couple of bob on both markets. :ok