USA - MLS (Apr 10-13)

Thursday 10 April 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Kansas City Wizards v Revolution (01:00BST) 2.253.353.40104% Details »
Hide « Kansas City Wizards v Revolution
Sunday 13 April 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Kansas City Wizards v Houston Dynamo (01:00BST) 1.801.941.96158% Details »
Hide « Kansas City Wizards v Houston Dynamo
Dallas v RBNY (01:30BST) 1.761.962.01158% Details »
Hide « Dallas v RBNY
Salt Lake v DC United (02:00BST) 1.941.981.78158% Details »
Hide « Salt Lake v DC United
LA Galaxy v Toronto (20:00BST) 1.252.123.45156% Details »

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) Home wins have been prevelant this season so far in MLS and this weeks fixtures look no different to me. The 4 games on Sunday look fairly solid home wins but Thursdays game looks a tough one to call. Nicols side didnt get the rub of the green in Chicago and started the game terribly. They're a better side than that showing and I quite like the look of them to win at KC's tinpot stadium. Guessing that Twellman is still going to be absent but anyside that can see off Dynamo 3-0 isn't going to go too far wrong.

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) With Larentowicz suspended and Ralston also out, the spine of their team is looking pretty weak. Twellman missed the first game against Houston - injured in warmup - whilst Ralston got injured mid-second and both will be out for a while. Agree that the Chicago match was a bit of a freak result though, and can't read too much into it as they played 70 odd minutes with 10 men..... although Parkurst had a shocker. But that's 3 out of 5 of New England's key outfield players out of this match now and their squad depth isn't the best...they'll be hugely reliant on Parkurst and Joseph putting in big performances....... Whilst KC were a bit lucky to come away with the win on saturday, they'll be full of confidence, and I hope they'll be able to exploit a much weakened NE team.

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) BTW, from what I've seen of Colorado so far I think they've got a chance of having a really good year, the midfield especially looks very well balanced, and I'd be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs. Are they as positive over there, david?

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13)

BTW, from what I've seen of Colorado so far I think they've got a chance of having a really good year, the midfield especially looks very well balanced, and I'd be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs. Are they as positive over there, david?
They were confident last season but in the end they just blew up and came short. Terry Cooke will once again for me be the key guy, he seems to excel out here on the flanks and consistently gets his assists. They need to take advantage of playing at home here at altitude. LA Galaxy were woeful when they turned up, they looked terrible at the back but looked dangerous going forward and so they should with the players they have there. I think Colorado should make the playoffs this season, there's no excuses now. They've settled into Dicks and they need to turn it into a fortress.:ok

Sport Football (Minor Leagues) Event Kansas City Wizards Vs New England Revolution Selection Kansas Strength 10/10 Date 09/04/2008 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.25 (Back) Reasoning Kansas go into this midweek encounter full of confidence having won their first two games of the MLS season - also both at home - and have an excellent opportunity to make it 3 out of 3 against a much weakened New England side. In usual circumstances 2.25 is not a price that I would be looking to take in this fixture, however a number of key players will be missing for New England and this, combined with Kansas' good form so far this season, makes this a price worth taking. The 3 players missing for NE - Larentowicz, Ralston, and Twellman - are huge losses, and leaves the spine of the team looking pretty weak. And I don't believe that their replacements will be able to cope against a very talented Kansas midfield - especially the threats of Marenelli and Lopez. I expect Kansas to be able to exploit a depleted NE team and pick up a win here.

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) Hmmmm, apologies for bad tip tonight. New England coped better than I expected with the loss of their key players, however the game could have gone either way, but NE got a few breaks here and there, keeper made some saves, and they took there chances........ Kansas' finishing was pretty woeful too......... :eyes

Game Stats
New England RevolutionKansas City Wizards
Total Shots:916
Shots on Goal:58
Total Saves:82
Fouls:1414
Offsides:13
Corner Kicks:410
Tells you a fair bit about how the match went....... and that on another day it could have been a very different scoreline, still credit to NE for taking their chances.

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) For me this weekend, Chicago +160 and LA -200 are there to be pounded. I'm going to need some pretty solid evidence to convince me not to continue to oppose Toronto on the road and San Jose away and at home (where, unlike Toronto, I dont think they'll have much of an advantage this year w/o a real stadium).

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) Yep I've been thinking on similar lines to that Keyshawn. Have taken Chicago + 0.5 at 1.5.......... with Stan James Currently 3.2 to lay on the exchanges so you're getting slight value here and no commission........ SJ currently have Chicago as 11/8 shots so the price won't last long.

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) For me, these 3 bets for the weekend: Chicago Pk -145 **** LA -1 -120 **** Dallas 1/2 +110 *** Dallas O2.5 **** As I said before, Toronto and SJ both are far inferior to the talent on LA and Chicago. I've already got Chi and LA on the ML in a few parlay's so I'm going with a safer PK on the Chi and better odds on LA -1. I'm still not a beliver in NY. They burnt me last week at home, when they score in the 1st minute and again in the 10th. But, Columbus looked awful attacking and with NY able to sit back, it was easy and their weak back line was not exposed. That won't happen vs an aggresive offensive team playing at home. Dallas will attack from the get go and continously and I dont think NY will hold up to the pressure. If they dont win, it'll be because they can't stop the Altidore/Angel combo so, the over should be a good call too.

Re: USA - MLS (Apr 10-13) Anyone see LA? They were poor from what I saw. ESPN says that possession was something like 35/65 in favour of Toronto for much of the game yet bet365 were offering toronto win @ 10.0 :loon They seem to be way overrated because of the Beckham factor so I'll be going against them for the Houston game unless I see a very good reason not to do so.

Anyone see LA? They were poor from what I saw. ESPN says that possession was something like 35/65 in favour of Toronto for much of the game yet bet365 were offering toronto win @ 10.0 :loon They seem to be way overrated because of the Beckham factor so I'll be going against them for the Houston game unless I see a very good reason not to do so.
I watched the game and they did look awful. I felt bad for Beckham. These guys aren't even able to string together simple passes. Unless Donavon or Beckham makes an individual great play, they have nothing. Still, with the overall level of this league, sometimes that might be enough. But, their back line is god awful, their keeper is not much better and unless Ruiz is back for the game, they have no one else who would cause any team at any level any worry. Toronto may not score that many goals in the next month of the season. They are not a good team. Having watched the San Jose game yesterday as well, I'd say Toronto is the worse.

• 2 weeks later...