** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

OOP with JJ facing a reraise???

Glen1000

Game Type: HOLD'EM Limit Type: NO LIMIT Table Type: RING Money Type: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />REAL MONEY Blinds $0.25/$0.50 Seat 1: EP - $ Seat 2: Hero - $30 Seat 3: CO - $ Seat 4: Villain - $45 Seat 5: SB - $ Seat 6: BB - $ Dealing [Jh Jc] to Hero EP folds Hero raises to $2.00 CO fold Villain raises to $6.50 SB folds BB folds<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hero ?

It’s not uncommon for me to find myself in this spot. In MP with a hand like TT or JJ. I hate going into a flop OOP full stop but not being the aggressor is even worse. I’ve only play 4 hands with this guy so no info. Do I fold, call or re-re-raise?

Hero calls $4.50 Dealing Flop [7d 3h Qc]

What now?

Hero bets $7 (I do this as if he comes over the top I can fold. If I check and he bets ½ or ¾ pot can I call? What then?)

Villain raises all in to $38.50 Hero folds.

I’m happy with the fold ...but pissed that I spent $13.50 on this hand. A fold preflop would have only cost $2. Not sure if this is the right thinking or not. Not sure if I've played this right or not. Help welcome! Thanks.

Re: OOP with JJ facing a reraise??? With no read I think you are mad if you fold this pre-flop. Even with a super tight 3-betting range for the villan of AQ+, JJ+ you are still in good shape as there are more AQ/AK combos. The flop is not horrible for you, but a donk bet (weak lead) into the flop is just begging to be reraised. Bet more or check with a view to check raising if he makes a weak c/bet perhaps?

Re: OOP with JJ facing a reraise??? Yeah I hate my $7 bet also:$ AlunB - Do you thing $10 would of been better then? Ok this time I check and he bets $9. What now? BTW Is going all in preflop a possibility instead of just calling?

Re: OOP with JJ facing a reraise??? I would have played pre flop much the same, Hooks are a bugger to play so i just like to not get too committed to them and see what the flop brings and act from there. Flop only 1 scare card i'd be betting about $10 as if they haven't hit they'll fold but a $7 bet will be called by hands like JJ, 1010, 99, AK as it looks weak. The only logic to this person going all in is if they have KK or AA and hoping you have AQ or KQ. Good fold with the info you had, you were deffo behind. Against a loose crazy dude you can call this sometimes.

Re: OOP with JJ facing a reraise??? Another JJ thread :D not sure why this hand scares so many people - it is a good hand play it that way (imagine it is AA if that helps) Personally I would have reraised all in preflop the call is just asking for trouble and it just doesn't define your hand, with a deeper stack you should reraise to about $18-$20 but with this stack you are committed anyway so for me it is either a fold or all in.

Re: OOP with JJ facing a reraise??? The main problem is no read and no history on the villian. I'm not loving having JJ in my 4-betting range in that situation, but each to their own. I just think we are relying on a fold then as he is only calling if we are crushed. And there are plenty of nice friendly flops that miss a large part of his range here.

Re: OOP with JJ facing a reraise???

4-betting all-in with JJ against a guy you have no read on is a pretty ugly move imo. If you know he 3-bets light then fair enough. But in this situation. Call.
May I recomend 'The six hats of Edward de Bono' as a good read ;)