UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 i believe any decent XI would've won at White Hart lane the day Getafe did. with the inauspicous departure of Jol imminent right after the game, and even so, Tottenham before Juande this term had been 100% dreadful. Benfica are not worth a shout and Getafe also lost a home tie to Hapoel-Tel Aviv. Getafe done well for themselves so far in this tournament but the run ends here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 My only bet for today in the UEFA Cup: G. Rangers-Sporting Scottish teams are hard to play in Scotland (usually don't do nearly as well away from home) and there will be a great atmosphere in tonight's game.

Rangers has a 8-1-1 overall record in their last 10 (only defeat was away to Bremen 1-0) and in order to advance to the next round winning the home game is a good 1st step.

Sporting played 5 times in Scotland in the past and lost all those 5 games, scoring 4 goals and allowing opponents 19. They will play defensively tonight, the only issue is that their defence is no good apart from Brazilian International Anderson Polga. They do have great quality in miedfield and upfront but I don't see that being enough for them to avoid a defeat tonight.

My pick: home win;

Good luck!

JC

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 I like blackcrow's reasoning for both German games tonight. Will follow other posts further, but the choices I am currently looking at are: Over 2,5 goals in both Leverkusen and Munich as strong singles. Guests in both games look dangerous enough to score, home wins looking more logical, and an Over covers 3-0 as well. Will add also home wins in both games with -1 EH which looks more dangerous in Leverkusen, but the home side only needs an early goal to unleash hell, like they did vs Galatasaray, they simply never stop attacking. Obviously I would love 3-1,4-1 in both games.:) Haven't figured out the stakes, need to see more posts...

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4

There's nothing 'implied' by the term, just what Celtic fans refer to Rangers fans as, nothing wrong with it but this is a betting forum and Alex is a good poster so there's no point trying to annoy one another on this thread.
There is plenty wrong with it actually. You are right, this is a betting forum, not an Old Firm forum, but I don't take being called a 'hun' very well, as I am not a hun. I am not a World War 1 German soldier, neither am I from Central Asia (where the original hun tribes come from). I would never even consider coming onto this forum and referring to Celtic/Celtic fans as tims,taegs etc...

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 As for tonights match: Rangers should win to be honest. Sporting a a pretty poor team at the momet - 20 points off the top of the league in Portugal doesn't say much about the team if you ask me. The Portuguese league is dreadful much like the SPL I guess, and if they cannot mount a challenge there then I cannot see them troubling Rangers in this 2 legged fixture. Also, if you look at the last, this team only very narrowly defeated a Bolton second XI. Quite how Rangers are odds against tonight is beyond me. I won't be having a bt on them, as I very rarely do. But you have got to llok at this fixture in terms of the quality of each team. Whilst the Rangers team are by no means worldbeaters, they do look far stronger on paper than Sporting. Rangers will surely play the old 4-1-4-1, with Darcheville upfront on his bill. They have looked uber strong at the back in recent weeks, and I cannot see the Sporting front line troubling them very much to be honest. I will just watch the game, and enjoy it for what it is. But if you are having a bet may I suggest backing Rangers at odds against.

There is plenty wrong with it actually. You are right, this is a betting forum, not an Old Firm forum, but I don't take being called a 'hun' very well, as I am not a hun. I am not a World War 1 German soldier, neither am I from Central Asia (where the original hun tribes come from). I would never even consider coming onto this forum and referring to Celtic/Celtic fans as tims,taegs etc...
Get a grip mate, it was only a windup. Dont take it to heart.

You honestly think everyone means it as some sort of reference to a soldier, if you look it up it means an 'enemy'. Its a term that stuck, I actually told people not to call you it despite a few people doing so. But whats the point in trying to be a peacemaker in this forum when people still direct anger towards you.

Thats the different, 'taig' is a derogoratory religious term, hun is completely different, although i didn't even refer to you as that.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 making a stupid thing....so three bets for moi.. TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen v FK Zenit St. Petersburg under 2.5 Imo this one is really hard to crack. Zenit surely not far off, if not on par with this Leverkusen team quality wize. With Arshavin and Pogrebnyak, the Russian Chelsea are surely no underdogs in this h2h. But going for the unders, as Bayers coach mentality is based not to conceede rather than to score, so i guess hell be very happy with 1-0 scoreline, and surely wont be too dissapointed with goalless draw. But, odds tell a different story, this under is priced very well and i agree that total selection and no. of goals could be very balanced, if we see an early goal, over is imminent, apart from that i am pretty convinced both teams wont take too many chances as this is only the first part of stwo leg tie. Injuries: i couldnt find no sensational news for either team, so i will stick with unders. Other option that i was thinking about was 2-3 goals, which is priced same as this under in various books. AC Fiorentina OK, i know this could become a very tricky match as PSV aint no punks at all, their defence is working well and shot stopper Gomez is also highly rated in my eyes. But still, Fiore again have almost full squad, only worries are Gamberini and Ujfalusi and most important, Romanian wizard Mutu is back - and that, better said his involvement in this game was the catalyst to back Fiore. He is the man with that extra move, with that special something that can turn the match around, wither if that is long range effort or decisive pass...Anyway... So, imo, Fiore have a decent shot to win this game, surely it wont be easy, but crowd factor, home pitch and mentioned Mutu, along with other great players and coach Prandelli...heck, odds are worth it. FC Bayern Munchen -1ah Not at all sure about this one, but stil i believe Bayern will take this game, but the question remains, can they win it with two or more goals. Surely odds on home win are crap and offer no value at all, as Getafe can be a real pain in the ass, when it comes to playing the highly favourised team, and yes they have a realy decent squad to offer good battle to anyone...but...Bayern has faboulous tridente...Toni, Klose and Ribery..with backup in as i see it woken up Podolski...so thats a world class attack and question remains can this Getafe contain attack which is dangerous through the midlle from wings...to shorten..complete attack...so imo Bayern should take this, they are far more experienced team in Euro competitions as Getafe and posses more quality..plus, home pitch advantage...at least money back should be pretty safe bet

As for tonights match: Whilst the Rangers team are by no means worldbeaters, they do look far stronger on paper than Sporting. .
Settle down mate, dont get carried away with yourself. On paper Rangers are better than Sporting..? Daily, Weir, Boyd, Broadfoot, Thompson, Whittaker, McCulloch.....? Is better on paper than....Liedson, Moutinho, Vukcevic, Purovic and the rest....no bother. Fair enough Rangers may win tonight (however I expect a draw) but I think your hearts ruling your mind there when you said your mob are better on paper than Sporting.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Bayer Leverkusen Vs Zenit Decided to stay away from this game, for the previous 2 rounds i have bet against Zenit and they've exceeded expectations. Bayer Are a decent side but don't under estimate Zenit, i think the best bet on offer is going to be under 2.5 goals! Fiorentina Vs Psv Again another match i would have prefered to stay away from PSV and Fiorentina have both shown that they can play some great football. IMO this has draw written all over it. Psv have beaten and been beaten by tottenham and fiorentina have beaten and been beaten by everton. Although the league positions in EPL dont show it those 2 teams are of the same standard. Bayern Munich Vs Getafe Again Getafe have exceeded expectations, although i have absolutely no doubt that Bayern Munich will go through, i think getafe will hold on for the draw here and at the high odds being quoted its definitely worth a punt. Rangers Vs Sporting Lisbon This is the game to bet on in my opinion, rangers having taken werders scalp which many where suprised by and a sporting side containing the dangerous liedson, the fact rangers have beaten celtic just last week for me is the clincher with the fact that they havent conceded @ home or lost @ home for a long time puts rangers i think in the best position. Jump on rangers @ 2.4 to win or rangers to keep a clean sheet hope these tips help, GL all! Kully - :D -

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 No mate, my heart isn't ruling my head. If it were, then I would be backing Rangers - but I already said I am not having a bet. As for the hun references - I havn't directed anger towards anyone mate, and I also never said you called Rangers huns. All I have done is ask other people to stop using it. As I am sure you would do if the boot was on the other foot. End of story.

No mate, my heart isn't ruling my head. If it were, then I would be backing Rangers - but I already said I am not having a bet. As for the hun references - I havn't directed anger towards anyone mate, and I also never said you called Rangers huns. All I have done is ask other people to stop using it. As I am sure you would do if the boot was on the other foot. End of story.
Fair enough mate, as said earlier this is a good betting forum and our energies should be used for analysis and picking winners rather than antagonizing each other. :ok

No mate, my heart isn't ruling my head. If it were, then I would be backing Rangers - but I already said I am not having a bet. .
Well from a purely football perspective I dont think you can justify saying on paper "Rangers are far better than Sporting" thats all I was trying to say. GL with your bets

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Bayer Leverkusen-Zenit St. Petersburg (AH 2.5) OVER at odds: 1.970 at Mansion88 I see a really good value in playing the OVER 2.5 in this UEFA Cup quarter final match. Zenit are in posession of the leading topscorer of the tournament, Pavel Pogrebnyak, with 7 goals, while Stefan Kießling has scored 6 goals. The main goal for Leverkusen with this match is score as many goals as possible, and of course playing good in defense, so they will avoid conceeding a goal from Zenit, like Villarreal and Marseille did. Zenit will of course go up for this game, trying to score this very important away goal. Zenit are really dangerous on counter-attacks. They are able to convert a defensive situation to an attacking situation in a split-second. Very dangerous. Michael Skibbe sees them as a team, playing very simulary to Frankfurt, with who Leverkusen lost 0-2 to at home last weekend. Zenit are also having 2 very important injuries in the defense. Nicolai Lombaerts and Kim Dong Jin are out, and this will give a lot of oppurtunities to Leverkusen. Good chance for an over in this match. Probable starting XI: Adler, Castro, Haggui, Friedrich, Sarpei, Vidal, Rolfes, Schneider, Barnetta, Kießling, Gekas Probable starting XI: Malafeev, Anyukov, Shirokov, Krizanac, Sirl, Fayzulin, Tymoschuk, Denisov, Zyrianov, Arshavin, Pogrebnyak

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 the current celtic time aren't great by any stretch of the imagination neither i would say are rangers, but ive seen rangers a few time and there team spirit and work rate are amazing, i also like the look of mr nacho :P, tonight i think with the fact they haven't lost at home in europe and havent conceded for a long time that sporting wont be able to hold them or contain the voice of there 12th man :D GL Kully - :D -

Bayern - Getafe, HW (-1) AH UEFA CUP,1/4 finals, Bayern Munchen hosts Getafe... Bayern is not performing well in last few matches,they even lost in Cottbus and drew with Nurnberg,but they are still No1 favorites to win UEFA Cup this year. Podolski and Klose are fit for tonights game and I am pretty sure that Germans wont take a risk to go in Spain without comfortable win. Getafe is solid team from Primera,they prooved quality in previous rounds,but their main aim is La Liga. Considering all these facts,I expect from Bayern to push hard and win this one,something like 2:0 or 3:0.
Close Window

Do you want to not refer to Rangers as that please?
Apologize, did not know it was such offensive term :$ , so is bhoys also offensive for celtic fans . cheers. edit. gers is the term guess more unbiased just saw it above will use it from now on .....:)

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Actually overs might be better call just read Belenguer influential defender might not play together with Licht and Cata that may be just too much for geta to handle but imo they sure can test bayern defense ...

Settle down mate' date=' dont get carried away with yourself. On paper Rangers are better than Sporting..? Daily, [b']Weir, Boyd, Broadfoot, Thompson, Whittaker, McCulloch.....? Is better on paper than....Liedson, Moutinho, Vukcevic, Purovic and the rest....no bother. Fair enough Rangers may win tonight (however I expect a draw) but I think your hearts ruling your mind there when you said your mob are better on paper than Sporting.
Weir, Please explain? Thompson, What a goal! How Convieniant it was that you forgot to mention Mcgregor, ferguson, Hemdani, Davis, Cuellar and Jcd, Rangers six best players this season, not including Weir with Thompson just back from a long lay off. As for being pish, I can laugh that one off.:lol BETS 4 TONIGHT LADIES & GENTLEMEN Fiorentina First goal @ 1.7 BETINTERNET Lev v Zenit over 2.5 @ 2.04 BETFAIR B Munich win with 3 or 4 goals in match @ 3.25 PADDY POWER Rangers first goal @ 1.83 TOTE Will give reasons on my selections as and when i start to post more, as i always find peoples reasoning and opinions interesting and helpful. All the best. Lev game up.:D

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Welcome on board the boybroon. Good luck with all your picks tonight! As for the poster who asked if 'the bhoys' was an offensive term... wtf!? Thats what they call themselves. You don't get Rangers going around talking about themselves as being 'huns', totally different situation.

...... As for the poster who asked if 'the bhoys' was an offensive term... wtf!? Thats what they call themselves. You don't get Rangers going around talking about themselves as being 'huns', totally different situation.
OK :ok