• 21:30 BST Pokerstars Sunday Million

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ** Poker Sunday 30th March **

I think this means that all GMT times become 1 hour later BST :unsure
Not necessarily - some will move some wont - it depends on whether server times move or not (some do some dont) and whether pokerrroms are alert enough to change start times to keep UK local time the same (some are, some arent!!) I also notice, Microgaming for example are changing their clocks early Monday morning.... Basically expect every network to work differently :lol :lol :lol
but please treat all times in the diary with extreme caution.
You will need to double check all games you want to play in - more times in the diary are probably wrong than right (I cant change them in advance, I need to wait and see what happens with the servers.....)

Re: ** Poker Sunday 30th March ** I appreciate that I am quite new to the forum and I am quite prepared to be told to wind my neck in, but here goes... Firstly, I think that the Charity freeroll that runadrum is presenting is an extremely generous jesture and have total admiration for what he is doing. Truly a man of his word.:clap:clap:clap However, as the tournament has restricted access (quite rightly IMHO), I do not feel that it is correct that it should be classed as Sunday's focus game. Had thr BPP points merely been for bragging rights, then I would have no problem with this. But as the points are now required to gain access to 'The Team Forum Challenge' and the 'PL Players Club' events, I do feel that it is somewhat unfair. :( Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Appreciate what you're saying a discussion that we've had a number of times before :ok I try to avoid restricted games, however where there is a game that I expect to have maybe 50 or 60 PL'rs, it is hard to reject that in favour of an "open" game that will have maybe 15 PL'rs in it - whilst I appreciate some cannot play in it, it gives far more players BPP points than chosing a different game.

I appreciate that I am quite new to the forum and I am quite prepared to be told to wind my neck in, but here goes... Firstly, I think that the Charity freeroll that runadrum is presenting is an extremely generous jesture and have total admiration for what he is doing. Truly a man of his word.:clap:clap:clap However, as the tournament has restricted access (quite rightly IMHO), I do not feel that it is correct that it should be classed as Sunday's focus game. Had thr BPP points merely been for bragging rights, then I would have no problem with this. But as the points are now required to gain access to 'The Team Forum Challenge' and the 'PL Players Club' events, I do feel that it is somewhat unfair. :( Any thoughts?
Well said! :clap:clap I totally agree! :ok TQM

Re: ** Poker Sunday 30th March ** I don't want to be the cause of any upset but I actually agree with Fonzie that it probably shouldn't be the focus game and was conscious of that when trying to word my reply to AA Hall in the other thread (checked his position in the BPP table first). Can the focus game be shifted ? We're off to Doncaster races shortly so I will check back later and then make further decisions re sending out the password to anyone left out so far. My main thought when setting up the tournament was that it would be for members who were what I would consider 'active' at the time of the actual Aussie Millions tournament in January. :ok (oh bluepennant, congrats on the 'ton' but the original criteria was 100 posts back in February ;))

but I actually agree with Fonzie that it probably shouldn't be the focus game
It's your game, and if you don't think it should be the focus game, then there is no question that it can be the focus - I'll select an alternative :ok

Make it the esport league then :tongue2
That's the trouble - they all seem to be restricted games.... Only real option I can see at the moment is the Pokerkings League, but towards the end of the month I think that's a bad choice (and it will be focus plenty at the beginning of April) I'm going from site to site at the moment tring to find a good alternative :unsure

Re: ** Poker Sunday 30th March ** What about the 8:30 pm Pokerstars Sunday $100k? It tends to fill up to it's maximum of 20000 runners well before 8:30pm, but we've had it before, and it will give people something to do alongside the late start of Run's charity freeroll, if things go well.

What about the 8:30 pm Pokerstars Sunday $100k? It tends to fill up to it's maximum of 20000 runners well before 8:30pm' date=' but we've had it before, [/quote'] Lets do it :ok (but dont count on an 8:30 start) The bottom line is that this hasnt been removed as focus because it's restricted, it's been removed because Run expressed a (perfectly reasonable) opinion that it shouldn't be the focus game. I would never make a focus game one where the "owner" doesn't want it to be the focus, for whatever reason.

Lets do it :ok (but dont count on an 8:30 start) The bottom line is that this hasnt been removed as focus because it's restricted, it's been removed because Run expressed a (perfectly reasonable) opinion that it shouldn't be the focus game. I would never make a focus game one where the "owner" doesn't want it to be the focus, for whatever reason.
Nice choice GaF, count me in please! (I'd already voted):ok Cheers TQM

Lets do it :ok (but dont count on an 8:30 start) The bottom line is that this hasnt been removed as focus because it's restricted, it's been removed because Run expressed a (perfectly reasonable) opinion that it shouldn't be the focus game. I would never make a focus game one where the "owner" doesn't want it to be the focus, for whatever reason.
sorry gaf didnt read all of runas reply

Don't get me wrong - I was proud when my little tournament was chosen as the focus game but I had realised the possible implications re BPP points before Fonzie's post. I'm off to find the poker stars game and good luck to all that play in her. :ok
If you look at it from the other side I m sure those who do not qualify can sacrifice at least one night of BPP for the sake of Runa's game? What has happened now is that another game has been created and people may not be giving runa's game the attention it deserves.

people may not be giving runa's game the attention it deserves.
I can see what you are saying Wasp, but i feel that all PL regulars will be giving this full focus as much as there BPP game as it is such a great gesture from Runadrum that i wouldnt for one would want to miss not taking part.

Re: ** Poker Sunday 30th March ** Does the charity game start at 11? (I'm logged onto Blue Square and it seems to, but my maths is crap so I'm not sure...) Edit: BTW, my connection is horrendous at times at the moment, so if it's seriously shitty tomorrow night will probably disappear.