Aye up everyone, Hopefully this is the correct place to post this. I've been gambling for about a year now only on the football and occasionally on the baseball. I've been following the horses now for about 2 months just putting a few bets on here and there but i want to now become more involved. I'm going to uni in september and i have about 7 weeks to do nothing and i would like to get into the horses in a bigger way hopefully make a bit of extra cash for uni. I don't know a lot about the horses and have currently just been following the forum and feeding of your tips and seeing how they do given the information you supply but i would like to now make my own choices and study form and make my own decisions. I'm not sure where to start it seems theres a lot to consider with the horses. So do you have any tips on where to go for information on horses, trainers, riders and form? This would be a great help, i plan to start by only making small £1-5 bets as i have a problem with my discipline and until i get myself settled and gather a bit of confidence i believe this would be the best way to go, i will be keeping some kind of notation system to look back on. Any other tips are more than welcome. Cheers

Re: New Well.........the first places to head for are the Racing Post and Sporting Life websites for cards, form, horses past runs, jockeys, trainers etc. My tip........if you're starting more or less from scratch, I'd stick to one 'type' of race to begin with.........say 5 and 6 furlong sprint handicaps, there'll be 2 or 3 a day during the summer, plenty to keep you going without trying to look at every race....... Or pick something else........but don't try to look at every race each day..........there's far too many of them..........especially during the summer. I think one good thing to do, and I expect even a few of us old hands could benefit from this.......is a bit of de-briefing........once the race is over don't consign it to history. Study the previous form of the winner leading up to this race and look for any clues in it's form which, in hindsight you think.........d'oh !.......I should have noticed that. Maybe next time you will notice those clues........

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.