** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL: Round 3

Parramatta win by 13+ margin Parramatta will be disappointed by their poor performance last week in NZ and will look to atone here in their first home game for the year. They have the better players in the forwards, look for Hindmarsh to have a big game as he plays just a few days after his dad died, and as well as classier player sin the backline. Newcastle have done well so far but they have managed to do it with hard work but if Parra matches them here, then class will prevail

Re: NRL: Round 2 Brisbane - North Qld under 42.5 With the loss of Lockyer and Thurston sruggling to impose himself, the game lacks the two best attacking players in this game. Both teams have been struggling to dominate their opposition where they were expected to, and while defensively they have been sound, it is in attack that this is not the case. With this Queensland derby usually being close affairs, this should be another one with not many points scored.

Re: NRL: Round 2 G'day everyone, Wins for the eels and Brisbane, jeez the Cowboys have looked poor so far this season, and losing 36-2 to a broncos side without Lockyer and Hunt. Seems as though the coach debacle is affecting them. In regard to saturday night's games- Canberra (1-12) I think the raiders are a good bet at home to the dragons. They have a good record against them in Canberra, and I'm still not convinced about the dragons, even after their win against the titans. Don't think alot will seperate them, so Canberra outright @ 1.82 and 1-12 @ 3.50. Melbourne 1-12 Another close game in store here I believe. I don't think people should take alot of notice about last weeks 1 point loss to Cronulla, a mere hiccup in what looks like another pretty successful season for the storm. The roosters have a pretty good record against the storm in Sydney, winning 4 of 6 ( 3 of the 4 wins by 20+ points). But, I think that Craig Bellamy will have Melbourne fired up for this clash, and Melbourne's class and experience should show through in a tough and tight encounter. Melbourne by 1-12 @ 3.45 As a little side bet.....the 3 roosters' wins I mentioned earlier were by exactly 28, 32 and 35 points, and as such, sportingbet (aust) have a bet of Roosters by 30+ @ 12.00 which I think deserves a sneaky 10 bucks. Titans v Sharks is shaping up as quite an even contest, with the sharks taking down both of last year's finalists in the opening two rounds. If pushed I would favour the Titans at home, but I think I will just enjoy this match without a financial interest. Good luck all. :ok

Re: NRL: Round 2 Storm win by 1-12 margin Roosters have been playing quite well and will push the Storm all the way, who haven't been playing at their peak just yet. After losing to the Sharks last week at home you would expect a fired up Storm to make up for it but they will have a battle all the way as the two forward packs match up really well. The Storm have the edge in the backs so look for them to use them quite a bit and win this game narrowly.

Re: NRL: Round 2 St George win by 13+ margin After watching both team play, how can't you tip the Dragons. The Raiders were marginally better than a very poor Penrith side while the Dragons showed what they were capable of in beating a Titans side quite comprehensively. You would assume that St George would kick on from here as the form of Gasnier and Cooper in the centres was very good while the forwards laid on a very good platform to base their attacks on. While the Radiers usually play well at home on a saturday night i think they are an average side and f the Dragons show up like they did on Monday night, then they will win this easily.

Re: NRL: Round 2 Cronulla -2.5 The Gold Coast were disappointing as you would expected them to kick from their first round win when they lost to the Dragons but now they face a Cronulla side that has won both games against last year's grand finalists. They are playing with quite a bit of fluency and commitment, and while the Titans are a good side the Sharks have showed they are so far a more complete outfit. Narrow win for the Sharks who stay unbeaten

Re: NRL: Round 2 Hey boys, This is my first post on this website and i hope to share my rleague knowledge with you. In the first game of SUPER SATURDAY we have the game of the round with the Sydney Roosters taking on the 2007 champs Melbourne Storm. Both these 2 teams will go deep into the finals this year imo and i wouldnt be suprised to see these 2 teams meet again on october 5th this year. The roosters should of won there game last week vs the broncos but just lacked that final knock out blow, while the storm have looked like a shadow of there former selfs in the past 2 weeks. The roosters forward pack of O'meley/Mason/Tupou/Fitzgibbon & Myles is enough to strike fear in the heart of any opponent. Although in saying that the Storm boys are not exactly a bunch of jokeys either with Lima/Blair/Smith/Hoffman and Johnson. This game could come down to the kicking games of Anasta & Cronk, both players wouldnt look out of place in a state of origin jersey this year and im realy looking forward to seeing this battle unfold. Both of these halfs need to take the line on tonight. but you can only do that off the back of good foundation laid by your forward pack. questions to ask yourself before betting. Who has the better forward pack? who has the better halfs and who has the better number 1? imo its the Sydney Roosters at this point in time. Although there is some heavy mail around that Inglis and crocker will return for this game i still don't think it will be enough to get the storm home tonight, for me i realy like the look of the chooks tonight. My tip: Sydney roosters Hd2hd @ 2.15 hope my info helps you all, if you have any questions for me please feel free to ask.:cheers

Re: NRL: Round 2

G'day everyone, Wins for the eels and Brisbane, jeez the Cowboys have looked poor so far this season, and losing 36-2 to a broncos side without Lockyer and Hunt. Seems as though the coach debacle is affecting them. In regard to saturday night's games- Canberra (1-12) I think the raiders are a good bet at home to the dragons. They have a good record against them in Canberra, and I'm still not convinced about the dragons, even after their win against the titans. Don't think alot will seperate them, so Canberra outright @ 1.82 and 1-12 @ 3.50. Melbourne 1-12 Another close game in store here I believe. I don't think people should take alot of notice about last weeks 1 point loss to Cronulla, a mere hiccup in what looks like another pretty successful season for the storm. The roosters have a pretty good record against the storm in Sydney, winning 4 of 6 ( 3 of the 4 wins by 20+ points). But, I think that Craig Bellamy will have Melbourne fired up for this clash, and Melbourne's class and experience should show through in a tough and tight encounter. Melbourne by 1-12 @ 3.45 As a little side bet.....the 3 roosters' wins I mentioned earlier were by exactly 28, 32 and 35 points, and as such, sportingbet (aust) have a bet of Roosters by 30+ @ 12.00 which I think deserves a sneaky 10 bucks. Titans v Sharks is shaping up as quite an even contest, with the sharks taking down both of last year's finalists in the opening two rounds. If pushed I would favour the Titans at home, but I think I will just enjoy this match without a financial interest. Good luck all. :ok
Melbourne 1-12 :sad Canberra outright :cow Canberra 1-12 :cow hmm, a nice profitable night. Hope everyone had a good one. p.s. nice tip rleague_punter, and welcome to PL.

Re: NRL: Round 3 thanks for the warm welcome boys :ok will try to keep the good form going with sundays games. In the first game we have two teams with 0-2 records Penrith vs Souths. Souths were heavily dominated in the first half of game 1 by the roosters but gave a good showing in the second half with champion lion hearted Issac Luke leading the way. In there second game they got off to a good start but were poor in the second half. I am not even going to bother giving a review of Penriths first 2 games as they were just plain BAD. I cannot understand why the bookies have the Panthers as favourites here and i see this as a MAJOR mistake. The panthers struggle to score points with an inexperienced halves combo of SAMMUT/BLAIR. As far as i no and have seen Sammut is a fullback and blair a centre so this combo is mind boggling for me. Sure Joe Williams had a poor first game vs Broncos but i think he needs to be given another chance. He is a confidence player and sacking him after the first game was the wrong desicion imo, look at the dragons and the same sort of thing with Soward week 1. After a poor performence Nathan Brown assured Soward off a spot as long as he had a go and looked what happend for them agaisnt the titans. The rabbitohs have lost there number 1 playmaker in Craig Wing and need to also find a halves pairing quik smart with ROGERS/SUTTON getting the job for this game. I like Rogers and i think he has one of those smart rugby league brains as he always seems to come up with the percentage play, while Sutton is more of a old Braith Anasta style lock without some of the ball playing gifts of Anasta. I like the look of the bunnys today with Merritt back to fullback he will be more dangerous and look for him to pop up all over the park. I think Asotasi/Kidwell and the boys will lay a solid forward foundation, with Issac Luke to be the difference between the two teams. My tip: Rabbitohs Hd2hd @ 2.10 gl today boys if anyone needs anything just ask :ok

Re: NRL: Round 3 PENRITH PANTHERS TEAM: 1. Rhys WESSER 2. Luke ROONEY 3. Micheal JENNINGS 4. Brad TIGHE 5. Micheal GORDON 6. Maurice BLAIR 7. Jarrod SAMMUT 8. Tony PULETUA 9. Luke PRIDDIS 10. Petro CIVONICEVA © 11. Frank PRITCHARD 12. Trent WATERHOUSE 13. Nathan SMITH RESERVES: Paul AITON, Adam WOOLNOUGH, Brandon WORTH, Matthew Bell SOUTH SYDNEY TEAM: 1. Nathan MERRIT 2. Germain PAULSON 3. Fetuli TALANOA 4. Yileen GORDON 5. Shannon HEGARTY 6. John SUTTON 7. Ben ROGERS 8. Micheal GREENFIELD 9. Issac LUKE 10. Roy ASOTASI © 11. David KKIDWELL © 12. Luke STUART 13. Ben LOWE RESERVES: George NDAIRA, Dean WIDDERS, Manase MANUOKAFOA, Jaimon LOWE

Re: NRL: Round 3 Just a quik thought i just had was the heavy presence of draws at fulltime in the NRL games so far. In the first 3 rounds we had 3/21 games draws at fulltime. Alot of these teams are more evenly balanced this year and imo on anygiven day any team can win. So with odds ranging from $23.00-$30.00 on draws after the 80min mark the odds are way overs. The odds are saying the draw will happen every 23-30 games but so far the statitics tell us that, that is WRONG and it realy happends1 in every 7 games. So it may be worth having a savour on every NRL game next week on the DRAW after 80minutes. Just a quik thought for my fellow punterlounge members. any thoughts?

Re: NRL: Round 3

Just a quik thought i just had was the heavy presence of draws at fulltime in the NRL games so far. In the first 3 rounds we had 3/21 games draws at fulltime. Alot of these teams are more evenly balanced this year and imo on anygiven day any team can win. So with odds ranging from $23.00-$30.00 on draws after the 80min mark the odds are way overs. The odds are saying the draw will happen every 23-30 games but so far the statitics tell us that, that is WRONG and it realy happends1 in every 7 games. So it may be worth having a savour on every NRL game next week on the DRAW after 80minutes. Just a quik thought for my fellow punterlounge members. any thoughts?
Not a bad idea, could very well hold alot of value, and your right in that the teams look ALOT more even this year. Salary cap working effectivley? With today's games, I too like Souths to defeat Penrith, Penrith have been quite terrible in the first couple of rounds, and while souths have only been average, they should be too good here. (Penrith have lost the plot playing Joe Williams for their local feeder side Windsor, cannot understand it!!). The game between the Bulldogs and the Tigers appears slightly more difficult, but like rleague_punter's tip of going with the Tigers if Farrah plays. Good luck all.

Thanks Crouch' date=' long time no speak mate. How is everything going? Found the perfect sytem yet?[/quote'] My NRL underdogs system is 8/10 this year so it's looking like it has good potential, but still putting the final touches on it. As for the golden point games, what was the 3rd? Knights v Manly and Eels v Knights are the only two I can think of. Sidenote: (I was working on a system that would actually have predicted the friday night draw, but didn't have a large enough sample to confidently take it :puke) Also an interesting stat for you boys: Since 2005, teams that have won by 1pt have lost their next game 70% of the time. Today I am going against the grain and tipping the Panthers. They have a superb record at home to Souths and get the feeling that they will win what will be a very high scoring game. If I'm wrong I do agree though that it will be Isaac Luke who is the difference. As for the other game I too like the Tigers. Farrah is only what, suffering from the flu? He's been playing I think with a bulging disc or something like that for the past 3 years, so the sniffles isn't going to stop him :ok

Re: NRL: Round 3 Cheers mate, I might post up the selections (though not the theory behind it) next week. Only one dog left this weekend and thats the Warriors (though personally not overly confident on it - Roosters and Raiders were others this weekend). Tigers I think have Hodgson and Farrah cleared to play, though word is Tuiaki is out. This is going off the team sites.

Definitely looks as though Farrah is playing with Tagive in for Tuiaki. In news much more exciting to me (Broncos fan), it looks like Israel Folau has all but signed a 4yr deal to play for the Broncos.
Lucky you guys, 1.6 million apparantly, he has looked very good running the ball so far this season, seems to be doing it alot more than last season. Disapointing afternoon for me, managed to stay in profit though for the weekend (only just, thanks to Canberra). Nice work with the Panthers crouch, although for a while during the 2nd half, I thought the Rabbitohs were going to run over the top of them. sigh:\ Anyway, see you all again tomorrow for the Manly-Warriors game.

Re: NRL: Round 3 Nice Work this weekend Crouch. Godd effort Coolcricket,Good to see you punting on here,Good Luck for the season Bro. RL Punter...Hard luck today,but some well written looks and good thoughts from yourself.Well Done. Good Luck for the rest of the season guys. Crouch...The way your Broncos are playing you don't need Folau I reckon.lol

Nice Work this weekend Crouch. Godd effort Coolcricket,Good to see you punting on here,Good Luck for the season Bro. RL Punter...Hard luck today,but some well written looks and good thoughts from yourself.Well Done. Good Luck for the rest of the season guys. Crouch...The way your Broncos are playing you don't need Folau I reckon.lol
Hey Jumbo, hows it going, you still on betshoot? should come back here, can get some good discussions going with the guys. Good luck to you too mate.

Re: NRL: Round 3 I'm Sweet as Bro,Hope your the same. I'm still over there at Betshoot. Nah Bro,You guys are cracking it over here,I just enjoy comming along once i've made my mind up to see what you dudes are up to. RL Punter and Crouch are good to listening to Bro,they know there stuff,I know Crouch does and the RL Punter looks to know what he's on about so ,It should be a good thread to look at during the season. I saw Dingotech tip a few games also and he was good and alot of the nbames from last season are here,should be a good read. Anyways yeah Bro, Heaps of games to go...Good luck for NRL 08 Brothers.

Re: NRL: Round 3 Hey Jumbo, hope things are going well for you mate. To clarify on what I said earlier, it's since 2006 that 70% of teams have lost the week after winning by 1pt (14/20), not 2005. Gee that makes for a tough pick between the Eels and Cowboys next week doesn't it? Good to see Folau coming anyway though. He'll offer a lot more than Michaels and it's probably a bit on an indication that Craig Bellamy and Cameron Smith will be here before too long as well. As for tomorrow's game, I am pretty sure in the past 2 seasons Manly have trailed at HT at Brookvale on 10-12 occasions. Warriors have led by 1-8pts at half time their last two travels to Brookie as well. I'm not convinced that the Warriors will win tomorrow but I think looking for them to lead at HT by a smallish margin will offer better value than the win on the H2H market.

Re: NRL: Round 3 Souths losing Isaac Luke early in the 2nd half hurt the Bunnies. However, they didn't show up for the first 40 minutes and if the Panthers were a better team they should have been up by another two tries at half time. Souths now look like they will be without Luke for 3-4 weeks. This is going to be tough. What does everyone like tomorrow night? For mine Manly without Monaghan are a shadow of their former selves and they need to find someone to support Orford in the halves ASAP. Lyon is a hole runner, not a hole maker and his position is Centre, not 5/8. I really think the Eagles will struggle with the Warriors structured attack. If the Warriors can get enough momentum through their pack (they are without Price) I think the Warriors with 5.5 start is a good value bet. Get on. The head to head stats at Brookie are also in the Warriors favour - played 6, NZ won 4, lost 2.

Re: NRL: Round 3 Lyon will play centre tomorrow with Steve Menzies in at five-eight. I imagine that would mean Luke Williamson will start at lock. Personally I don't see how Menzies improves anything though. Strikes me as Hassler trying to imitate the success we've had with Stagg at five-eight.