Best bet of the day 28/03

Newbury 2.40 Nov hcap chase Firstly, i was attracted to Hobbs' horse I'm Supreme as philip has won this race twice in the last 5 years & it gets in off a low weight. However looking at the trends of this race, in 8 years, it has been won by a 7-8yo on 7 of those occasions (6yo won last year). Rustarix is the interesting horse for me from Kings yard. 2nd 2L behind Gold medallist LTO was surely the best race it could run & runs off same mark of 123 here. Those horses carrying weight seem to do well in the race also.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 8.50 Kempton 2m handicap, Class 5 with an expected 12 runners. The race revolves around the front 6 in the market and I'm going EW on one of these, albeit at a decent price. Opposable are top weight Lorikeet, who is raised again in mark despite failing to win and has 10st to carry and Coda Agency, another on quite a high mark. Preference is for: Best Selection (RPF 15/2) - Claimed out of the Alan Jarvis yard 2 starts ago for £15k and represents the Mongan combo tonight. This combo won a decent race the other week with a similar type (bits of form, dropped significantly in mark) in the shape of Medieval Maiden, a horse I backed. This horse has always struggled against the handicapper but is dropped 3lb tonight to a career low of 62. Is stepped up markedly to 2m for this run having plyed its trade over 1m4f career to date, which looks sure to suit based on some decent staying-on efforts over this track. Since moving to this stable, has had its sights set a little lower by racing in Class 6 which it faces again. Plenty of promise shown lto and the grade coupled with trip and mark could prove crucial here. Despite being a 2m race, has a good draw in box 10 and should get a decent early position here just off the pace. Fitness is guaranteed having raced just 2 weeks ago and this horse must have a great chance to open its account with conditions in its favour. Expect a price of around 8/1. EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.