** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racingpost simple question

Hi everyone. At racingpost site: In Towcester 4.50 a horse:

P5P7P5http://javascript:OWSize('','/horses/racing_horse_form.sd?horse_id=649018&race_id=451019',800,480,'no','yes','yes')'>Luke Lively 305 (21P)
or In Muss 2.50 another horse:
1d4375/http://javascript:OWSize('','/horses/racing_horse_form.sd?horse_id=639935&race_id=450928',800,480,'no','yes','yes')'>Truly Fruitful 544 (130J)
What does '21P' and '130J' means? It has to do with days since last run but i dont get it. What is the '305' ?Going at first horse previus races it has only two previus races. Where are the others? - P57P5- Similar at second horse. What does the 'd' means at second horse?

Re: Racingpost simple question Point to Point

Point to point is a form of steeple chasing for amateur riders. It, like professional racing, is nevertheless run under the auspices of the regulator for horse-racing in Great Britain, the Jockey Club, which works in conjunction with the governing authority, the British Horseracing Board.
305 is the position that the horse has finished in. 5th Last time out- 10th or greater the time before that which is represented by a '0' and 3rd 3 runs ago. The most recent run always the number on the right :ok

Re: Racingpost simple question I think he's looking at the 305 after the horses name rather than the formline. In that case it is 305 days since a run in this sphere but 21 days since running in a point to point. For Truly Fruitful it is 544 days since a run on the flat but it has been running over jumps, last run 130 days ago. Blythe Knight is another example, ran over jumps then turned out yesterday at Doncaster. :ok

Re: Racingpost simple question Yeah some trainers will give Jump horse a spin on the flat tracks to get it some speed or just to give it a run so a horse could be off the jumps racing for 250 days but has ran last week so you it would look like this 250 (7F)

Re: Racingpost simple question

Yeah some trainers will give Jump horse a spin on the flat tracks to get it some speed or just to give it a run so a horse could be off the jumps racing for 250 days but has ran last week so you it would look like this 250 (7F)
Perfect example being Harchibald, turned out at Dundalk and won on the flat before the festival and then ran like a fcuking dog when it had my money on it in the champion hurdle. :lol

Re: Racingpost simple question

English isnt my native language , so what 'point to point' means? Its an expresion i dont understand. What about the others? - 305 ......? Thanks
The 305 means 305 days since it ran 'under rules', that means in a proper race at a racetrack under National Hunt Rules Point-to-Points ..........think of these as amateur race meetings put on by country folk to run their own horses against each other. A lot of national hunt bred horses start off in point-to-point racing. I guess the name comes from the idea of racing from Point A to Point B on a map.........race from the barn on the lane to the bridge over the river .......that kind of thing. Often these horses are just called 'Pointers' A lot of these horses might be kept by the owner for fox hunting......often referred to as 'Hunters'.........and you'll see that the race at Towcester is a 'Hunter Chase'.........the racetracks often put on a race just for these 'Hunters' and 'Pointers'. There is a recognised 'season' of two or three months from February when the racetracks put on these races. A lot of very good horses start off as young horses in point-to-points ( Denman for one ! ) before graduating to 'real' racing

Re: Racingpost simple question Thanks guys. So : Outside the parenthesis is the days LTO to similar than todays' race type (flat-jumps?) and inside the days LTO to different type ( P? ). Well this is what i understood so far. At first example at Towchester (chace) - 305 (21P) - its 305 days since last run over jumps -23 may 2007- . So if the rest (21P) is 21 days since another race why this race doesnt show at all at past races? ( by clicking at horses name)? At second example Muss 2.50 (flat) - 544 (130j) - its 544 days since last run over flat - 26 sept 2006 - and at this case the (130J) is 130 days since last run at jumps (14 nov 2007 - hurdle). These last races over jumps apear at horses' last races.(why this time apear correctly?) At this last example at the left of the horse name (previus performance) there is a 'd'. What does it means?