Fontwell 16/03

4.00 Fontwell - Kiltimoney E/W 11/2 @ Boyle - b.o.g. 130034.gif Bookies again go blind on the McCoy mount and 4/1 and 10/3 are not fair prices. Horse won lto and will be running off top weight on soft ground over 3m4f. I think it will be a struggle especially if you take into consideration some of the other challangers. I am going for Kiltimoney, who was beaten fair and square last time. Golden Oak was carrying 10-11 that day and today it will be 11-12. A stone more on this soft surface + Kiltimoney 4lbs low with the confidence of the talanted claimer after his Cheltenham winner. I can see my selection going close today and making up these 16 lenghts, which are down to the unsuatable ground than anything else. Horse was still plugging and trying his best. On favourite ground a place at least is my expectation.

Re: Fontwell 16/03 I've been looking at the same race.........but come to a differant conclusion...........opinions, eh !!............:clap 4.00 Fontwell - Master Alf EW 28 furlongs on heavy going is a right slog, so I've taken out anything on 11 stone plus, the 6 year olds, the French breds and the old timer aged 13. left me a shortlist of Kiltimony. Master Alf and Strolling Vagabond. The handicapper appears to have 'got' Kiltimony.........29 lbs up since his last win. He's had seven runs since, not won, but the handicapper keeps putting him up. Master Alf is the unexposed one, just 4 career runs. Last time out he finished 4 lengths behind Kiltimoney and 'running on' at the finish. He's more likely to improve than the exposed ones and looks a decent EW shot..... Strolling Vagabond is a CD winner who goes on heavy ground. This years form doesn't look great .......5 runs, 3 PUs and a 96 length beating lto........but his best run was in that race won by Kiltimoney and he's now 16lbs better off for a 5L defeat. Current form is the big worry but he has his ideal conditions today, so no excuses. Just couldn't back anything with such shocking recent form This morning's prices have Kiltimony at 11/2, Strolling Vagabond at 15/2 and Master Alf at 16/1 At those odds Master Alf EW looks a decent bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.