** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Marta Domashowska -. Tsvetana Pironkova Marta Domashowska played in australian open and in another 2 clay court tournaments, she lost in the qualifying sections of these clay court tournaments but in australian open she performed real good , she came from qualifying round with straight set wins, then she beat JOHANSSON, MATHILDE CHAPELIER 61 61 , beat ARVIDSSON, SOFIA and Na Li with 3 sets and lost to Venus williams 64 64 but she fought so good .Tsvetana Pironkova also played good tournaments, she did even steal set from Henin at ANTWERP , she lost to good players most of the time. She leads 2-1 at H2H. She beat Marta Domashowska 2-1 at us open last year, this is revenge time i suppose and form on player Marta Domashowska will win this match , probably with 3 sets and i pick Marta Domashowska to win 2-1 ,she can do great things here at indian wells and this match will be a good solid start for her , good luck to Marta Domashowska, good luck to you all.. League: Tennis - WTA Tour - WTA Indian Wells, U.S.A. Pick: Marta Domashowska to win 2-1 Odds: 4 Stake: 6 / 10 Bookmaker: Bet365 :cheers

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Hi guys, following picks for today and tomorrow: ATP TOUR, PACIFIC OPEN, INDIAN WELLS, QUALIFICATION KUNITSYN TO D MOODIE @ 1.62 at betfair Kunitsyn has a good return to neutralize Moodie's big serve. Better overall stability from Kunitsyn who has been in a fairly good form lately. ATP TOUR, PACIFIC OPEN, INDIAN WELLS, QUALIFICATION REYNOLDS TO D KENDRICK @ 1.83 at pinnacle 2 home players with big serves and forehands but Reynolds has won both their last meetings plus has a better form over last month. WTA TOUR, PACIFIC OPEN, INDIAN WELLS LISICKI TO D ARN @ 1.4 at willhill 18 years old Lisicki is a potential top 10 player soon with very good game both offensively and defensively. WTA TOUR, PACIFIC OPEN, INDIAN WELLS ERRANI TO D HAYNES @ 1.43 at pinnacle Haynes is a local wild card with no good results over the last year or so.Errani will simply return too many balls back and force Haynes into errors.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventVoskoboeva - Parmentier
SelectionVoskoboeva
Strength10/10
Date13/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.21 (Back)
ReasoningAt least 50/50 match for me.I really don't know why Parmentier is favourite in this one.She has 2-3 record on hard this season.She had an injury two weeks ago and she is coming into this tournament straight from clay courts.Galina on the other hand played much more matches on hard courts and she already made it through qualies here so she is surely more familiar with the surface.H2H also points toward Voskoboeva who is leading 2:1 in their matches.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAni - Oudin
SelectionOudin
Strength10/10
Date13/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningOudin should be rated at least 50/50 in this match.She played some good challengers in the previous weeks.She made 1/2 and final.Young and perspective player for sure.She received wild card here and she is playing Maret Ani who is just pure crap this year.0-5 record this year.Nothing special really and Oudin should cause her lot of troubles and with a bit of luck she can win this one.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March BJORKMAN @ 1.5 Betfair. Bjorkman looks like a solid fav to start the week. He had a good week in Memphis indoors then lost first round to Benneteau but the Frenchman showed he was playing well in Vegas and it was a close match. Just like how this match up works for Bjorkman, he'll take Volandris weak serve very early and the Italian will be under pressure in every service game. Bjorkman coming to the net will rush him, and Volandri is a guy who likes a lot of time. Volandri has been playing well on the clay, but for him the transition to hard courts is still massive. At the start of the year he went 1-3 on hard courts with the only win against fellow claycourter Hartfeld in a final set tiebreak. He's 0-4 in this event and fully expect it to become 0-5. DANCEVIC @ 2.28 Pinnacle. Bit of a risk taking Dancevic here as he hasn't played for a few weeks after a retirement, but I'm willing to back him as the better hard court player. He did well on the American hard courts last year and anything like that form should be good here. Falla is an OK player, but he's had a good of weak losing the past couple of weeks to Isner and Young where he was broken too many times. I think he's struggling for form especially on his serve, and against a guy who serves big like Dancevic I wouldn't fancy him when it gets tight. ROCHUS @ 1.74 Betfair. Clement is coming back after an ankle injury in Marseille, and I heard at the time that is was quite bad so not sure he'll be 100%. For a guy who relies on his movement so much, especially in this type of match up, he could struggle and could just be testing it for the doubles. He's struggled for singles win this year, he's 2-5 this year win only wins over Lu and a dead rubber against Tecau in Davis Cup. After ending last year 0-3 I can't imagine he's very confidence. Rochus on the other hand appears to be getting some confidence back. He was decent in Zagreb and Dubai and I think he can bring some decent form here. H2H is 3-0 to Clement but all were quite a while ago. GINEPRI @ 1.61 Pinnacle. Ginepri has been much improved recently, reaching 3 semis in a row but could be a little disappointed he hasn't converted any into final appearances. Still, he's been playing good stuff and I expect that to continue here. Spadeas form seems to have dipped a little bit, and I just expect Ginepri to have more to offer off the ground. Ginepri serves better aswell so should be holding serve easier and creating chances on Spadeas serve. H2H is a surprsing 5-2 to Speadea, but I just feel the way Ginepri is coming back to form he needs this part of the season and he'll get the win here.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Up and coming talent Cibulkova will have too much for Arvidsson; Uzbek Akgul Amanmuradova hit 18 aces against Szavay in Bangalore last week and meets Shahar Peer who hasn´t set the world alight this year but should have too much; Kirilenko as dog against Wozniacki looks interesting while Amalie Mauresmo is the coconut all the girls are taking a shy at these days and today it´s Edina Gallovits´turn. Japanese Kei Nishikori has qualified this week and apart from Far East tours plays most of his tennis in the US where he´s 17-4 this year. He´s 2,40 to overcome Croat Cilic and I think far too large. I also think ToJo will have too much for Yen Tsun Lu whom he beat 0 and 1 in Las Vegas last year, and Fish has the opener all players dream of: Florian Mayer.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March ISNER @ 1.85 Betfair. Big John is my first play of the day. Conditions here are generally slower than other US events, but I'm not concerned as I see this being a really good match up for Isner. Bolelli is average at best on hard courts and despite some recent decent form in Europe indoors I don't fancy him here. He's good from the back, but can make a lot of errors on his backhand, and that gives Isner a chance to break. I don't rate Bolelli as a good returner, and I can't see Isner having problems on his own delivery. Looks a solid price to me, I'd have Isner around 1.70.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAncic - Monfils
SelectionAncic
Strength10/10
Date14/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.30 (Back)
ReasoningI just can't see Monfils getting anything here.He came back after a long break last week at Dubai and she was beaten by Berdych 6:3 6:2.I don't believe that much changed from last week and Monfils is not fully fit yet imo.Ancic on the other hand played two good tournaments during previous weeks and he seems to be in rather good form.H2H is 1:0 for Ancic.It was comfortable win on grass in 2005 6:3 6:3 6:1.Ancic should take this one.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March BENNETEAU @ 1.83 Pinnacle. Haas has been extremely opposable lately and this looks like a solid price on Benny. Still little evidence that Haas' shoulder is any better, I'll probably be caught out when it does but for now he's still struggling for my money. Benneteau has a decent record here, he's 7-3 in this event and has beaten Blake, Melzer, Monfils, Chela and a young Djokovic which is solid. I think this is the type of slow hard court which he enjoys, and he should have a good balance on this court and attacking Haas' serve should have some success. Haas should be able to do well in the rallies, and it is a concern he'll be able to get into a lot of Benneteaus service games. However, Benny has been decent lately, he's 7-3 since the Aussie Open including a quality win over Hewitt in Vegas and I have to go with the form player. NISHIKORI @ 2.25 VC. Bit surprised to see Nishikori as a dog here, thought this would be very close to a 50/50 market. We all saw him playing incredible tennis in Delray Beach and anything like that form will be tough to beat. He has struggled a little bit since then, but playing Roddick was a tough draw and he did have injury concerns in qualifying for Memphis. He has come through qualifying here which is a plus, but he did struggle a bit against average opposition in Bogdanovic and Niemeyer. Hopefully he'll be stronger now that he is in the main draw and give Cilic a lot of problems. Cilic has struggled since the Aussie Open. He's 1-3 but some pretty tough draws against Youzhny (actually in poor form) and Djokovic but he was very weak in losing to Bolelli. He hasn't played much in America, which I think is quite a big negative. I'm sure if thi wasn't a Masters event he wouldn't be playing it, and I think he's very opposable against a guy making a big name for himself lately.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Nadal R. (-5.5) - Giraldo S. [email protected] Gamebookers well, the columbian this year played his first maches on hard, the start isn't bad - he won the qualification. But this tournament pretty hard, i hope maximal concentration from Rafa Nadal, over the players like Giraldo the handicaps very expectible.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMathieu - Fognini
SelectionMathieu
Strength10/10
Date15/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.22 (Back)
ReasoningThis one looks like a banker to me.Mathieu much better player who feels good on hard courts.Fognini on the other hand barely even plays on hard courts and is rather clay courter.Experience and abilities on Mathieu side and I just can't see any surprise from Fognini in this match.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSela - Tsonga
SelectionTsonga
Strength10/10
Date15/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceEurobet @ 1.28 (Back)
ReasoningTsonga on the top of his game should be just too good for Sela.Sela has 3-5 record on hard this season.Nothing special really.Tsonga will be surely looking to put some good performance here at Indian Wells.After Marseille this is his first serious tournament and he has to gain some points here if he is thinking about making it to the top 10 at the end of the season.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Sorry these write ups are awful, I should have been out 10 minutes ago lol..... HAASE @ 2.00 Coral. Going for Haase here to upset the seed. Haase has shown how high he can raise his game against the big names and could do well here. He struggled a bit in qualifying so I'm hoping he improves on those performances. Monaco struggled since hurting his ankle so not sure he's 100%. GASQUET @ 2.14 Betfair. Going for Gasquet here as don't think he should be the dog. Soderling has shown great form this year, but all of hat has been indoors and don't think he's at Gasquets level on outdoor hard courts. Gasquets form has been a bit dodgy but I fancy him in this event. I think the conditions will really suit him here and he has a decent record here 4-2 with losses only against Federer and Roddick. Think Richard should be the slight fav here. NIEMINEN @ 1.9 Betfair. Nieminen has had a couple of awful results lately but put that down to he was suffering with flu. Had almost 2 weeks since his last outing so should be OK now. Lee has struggled this year, got a win over Llodra in the first round but he's been suffering with a shoulder problem. Nieminen is by far the better player and I think this price overly factors in a couple of poor losses.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March MOYA @ 2.5 Pinnacle. Moya looks a massive price to me here. He's played some really decent tennis so far this year, on hard courts and on clay. He's also had some poor performances, and I guess he's at the stage know where it's about choosing when to push. I think he'll be up for it this week, he did really well here last year and it's the type of hardcourt that should really suit his game. Ginepri has found his form in the past couple of months, but still doesn't look too secure when the pressure is on and I don't think he's done enough to deserve being such a favourite here. Don't think Moya should be anything over 2.1 in this match.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Very frustrating day yesterday. Went 2-2 with both dogs winning, so a nice profit. But Nieminen lost after trading at 1.01:@:@ DE VOEST @ 3.59 Pinnacle. This price looks very reasonable to me. De Voest has don well coming through qualifying and won a tight match against Berrer in the first round so should be pretty sharp. This bet is more of a fade on Karlovic, who apart from a decent run in Rotterdam I think has been quite poor this year. He could struggle a bit for rythem on his huge serve and doesn't have a very good record here. This match should be very close and no way I could understand backing Karlovic at such a short price. GONZALEZ @ 2.52 Pinnacle. I'm not sure about this price at all. Ancic has been on a good run indoors in Europe but that doesn't mean he going to play great tennis here. He has a pretty average 3-4 record here and I think the conditions favour the Chilean. Gonzalez won't like the wind, but he will like the pace of the court giving him a little extra time to run around and hit forehands. Gonzalez has had a bit of a struggle this season, only plus winning his home title in Vina del Mar, but I think this is very close to a 50/50 match. ALMAGRO @ 1.75 VC. I understand support for Mahut in this one, but I think the price is a little genrous on Almagro. Almagro was playing some spectacular stuff on the clay in South America going 12-1 with the only loss being a retirement because he was knackered winning so many matches! Beating Moya and Nalbandian in finals is awesome, and I think it shows more maturity and composure than we've seen from him before. I know this is totally different on hard courts, but this hard court should suit him quite a bit and I fancy him here. Mahut is playing OK this season, but nothing special and I don't think he matches up too well here. Almagro will like the target and should get a look on a few of Mahuts service games. Mahut struggled a bit past Korolev and this will be a much tougher test. Just think Almagro gets the job done today. Might have a couple more later.....

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March FERRERO @ 1.64 VC. Ferrero looks like a solid fav here. He's struggled in his last couple of outings, where he didn't look interested in Rotterdam and came up against Roddick in great form in Dubai. I still think he's played OK this year, and should be motivated enough for this one. Johansson has been pretty poor this year, his only decent run was in East London challenger where he beat 3 guys outside the top 200. He had a big struggle in the first round here against Lu and will need to step up a bit here. I just see Johansson making more errors in this match, and Ferrero should take it down. SIMON @ 2.5 Coral. This is minaly a bet against Youzhny. He's been shocking in his last couple of outings and has said that he's feeling very nervous during matches which is a pretty bad sign. I certainly wouldn't want to back him until he's won a couple of matches. Simon is very capable, and has been in decent form this year, doing well indoors and OK on hard courts. He's already had an easy win here which is a big plus against a guy struggling for confidence. These two play a similar game and I just think Simon is in better shape coming into the match.

Haas has been extremely opposable lately and this looks like a solid price on Benny. Still little evidence that Haas' shoulder is any better' date= I'll probably be caught out when it does but for now he's still struggling for my money.
Yeah I think he's OK now:$:$:$

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Yeah! my biggest price in SP since I've started to choose picks in this site. shame I could only play with 5 units because of the restrictions of SP, I would take this with 10 units as I do with all me picks...nevermind , I hope someone took this like me.

Yeah! my biggest price in SP since I've started to choose picks in this site. shame I could only play with 5 units because of the restrictions of SP, I would take this with 10 units as I do with all me picks...nevermind , I hope someone took this like me.
Didn't see that, nice hit mate:ok

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Bad day yesterday, need to rebound.... CANAS @ 1.6 Betfair. Canas has shown some OK hard court form recently reaching the semis of Vegas, and he should be really up for it this week after beating Federer last year. Monaco surprised me in the last round beating Haase comfortably but I'm still not sure about his form. H2H is 3-0 to Monaco all on clay and strangely that includes 4 6-0 sets. Think Canas really has Monacos number and I think hard courts are better for Canas than Monaco so expect him to come through this one. Gasquet v Chela UNDER 21.5 games @ 1.83 Sportingbet. Like getting 21.5 games here, and looks a little better than the -4.5 games I was thinking on taking. Basically I expect Gasquet to take this very easily. He destroyed Soderling 6-3 6-2 in the last round and should have far too much firepower in this match. I think this type of hard court is perfect for him and as I mentioned before he has a decent record here only losing to Federer and Roddick. Chela was average against Tursunov, but the Russian complete blew up after serving for a straight sets win. Chela has had one good tournament this year at home in Buenos Aires and apart from that has been woeful. To be fair he has a decent record here but I see him taking a good kicking today. WAWRINKA @ 2.5 Stan James. Baghdatis really seems to be struggling for results this year, and struggled quite a bit in his first match against Odesnik. His performance was quite poor, and I see him struggling in this match. Wawrinka had quite a dip after playing really well at the start of the year, but got a good win over Berdych in the last round. If he's anyway near the form he showed earlier in the year he has a great chance here and I fancy him to come through. MOYA @ 3.01 Pinnacle. I was going to leave this, but then I saw I could get 3.01 which is quite a bit better than the Betfair price so willing to have a go. Blake struggled past Gicquel in the first round despite showing some good form in patches I'm not sure about his level at the moment. Blake has done OK in the American tournaments but hasn't really beat anyone good and had poor losses to Ginepri and Nishikori. Moya did OK in the first round coming back against Ginepri and I still like him on this type of court. Worth a go at this price.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSchiavone - Pennetta set hc
SelectionPennetta +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date17/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningYou can get 1.55 at bet-at-home and maybe later at pinnacle will be even slighty better odds.Both players in good form and I don't really see why Schiavone is such a big favourite in this one.Pennetta won two tournaments on clay lately which surely bosted her confidence.Her results on hard before that clay tournaments were not that bad either.I must say that Flavia is enjoying a great episode in her career.Her form is on a great level from the end of the previous season when she played some nice tournaments in Asia.And during this year she managed to keep her game on a high level.Schiavone is also playing really good tennis at the moment and this is the only reason why I'm not betting on straight Pennetta's win in this match.All in all this is a match of two Italians and they will be surely fighting to death :) as in their previous matches which all ended with Francesca wins but after tough 3 set matches.Maybe today we will be seeing another thrilling three seter :p

Gasquet v Chela UNDER 21.5 games @ 1.83 Sportingbet. Like getting 21.5 games here, and looks a little better than the -4.5 games I was thinking on taking. Basically I expect Gasquet to take this very easily. He destroyed Soderling 6-3 6-2 in the last round and should have far too much firepower in this match. I think this type of hard court is perfect for him and as I mentioned before he has a decent record here only losing to Federer and Roddick. Chela was average against Tursunov, but the Russian complete blew up after serving for a straight sets win. Chela has had one good tournament this year at home in Buenos Aires and apart from that has been woeful. To be fair he has a decent record here but I see him taking a good kicking today.
That's my only bet for today. I don't like the other games that much. Paddypower have Gasquet 2-0 @ 1.83 and Under 20.5 @ 2.25. I've taken the 2-0.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHantuchova - Mirza
SelectionHantuchova
Strength10/10
Date18/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.37 (Back)
ReasoningHantuchova simply looks more solid here.Mirza played already two three set matches here and despite the fact that she managed to win that match against Peer she is not in her best form I believe.Hantuchova on the other hand is rock solid here.Great serving and hitting from baseline.And more to that she always feels great here.I'm simply backing better player imo.H2H 1:0 for Daniela.