** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Mark Johnston

Always been a fan and is in some cracking form of late. Record in the last 14 days reads: 1121731111222131 One combination that seems to be doing particularly well is him and the new sheikh's horses. Johnston trains for one of the Sheikh's and from what I can remember he has passed on some of his horses to his favoured son. These are running under the name of SHEIKH HAMDAN BIN MOHAMMED AL MAKTOUM.These horses usually/used to run in the mauve and white colours. Now there's new silk colours specifically for the ones under Johnstons guidance,. These are a dark green colour. Results in the last 14 days. Upper Class 1st @ 7/2 Eastern Hills 7th @ 11/8 Trimaran 1st @ 3/1 Silent Master 1st @ 5/6 Forsyte Saga 2nd @ 10/1 August Gale 2nd @ 3/1 William Blake 1st @ 11/8 Al Samha 1st @ 11/4 The ones in bold are the ones I managed to spot at the time and get on. Both Trimaran and Al Samha drifted greatly in the market but managed to win comfortably enough. The two second placed horses were beaten by a neck and a short head. All in all, Mark Johnston seems to be on top of his game right now on the All Weather and any of his runners are worthy of consideration, especially those owned by the young Sheikh.

Re: Mark Johnston I think Greg Fairley still rides a bit for him, especially on the all weather and of course Darley has now retired. I've noticed more and more of Johnstones horses moving to Godolphin over recent seasons, probably something to do with the sheiks connections. He is excellent on the all weather but also worth following at places like York and Pontefract, and the local Yorkshire tracks. I remember Keith Dalgleish riding for him, he was a tall, gangly, skinny lad but had to quit riding due to his size. He was interviewed not long back and now works in the stables but looks more like Chunk out of Goonies now. :lol

Re: Mark Johnston

Nice one, probably have a bet on them both, cheers for the info mate :)