** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Carlisle - Monday 18th Feb * ABANDONED

bigs

Re: Carlisle - Monday 18th Feb Carlisle 15:10 Lets start by 3 horses that raced together LTO. Silver knight pulled up, and is up in weights. Super Road Train was 13l in front of Bellaney Jewel, and even blundered 17th weakening. Super road is up 11lbs and Bellaney is up 7lbs, so I cant see this two reversing form. No picnic was running prominent in a heavy going 1st-3lbs higher it's weight for this race, That's a lot of weight, and for a horse who was going prominent until weakening, it promisses :) Carryduf was beaten LTO by a neck to a good horse, but kept on going in a heavy going. Is up in trip,which I think probably will suit him best, and is down in weights. Can't make any case out of Julius Ceaser , if he only was 3 years younger... but I think will take a lot of effort for him to go even close, but hey... we never know. Same goes for See you there. I hardly believe these 2 will go anywhere on evidence of latest form. Last but not least Matmata de Tendron on evidence of form may go really close. LTO unseated rider, but 2 outings ago, won to Carryduf by 12l. Matmata is 7lbs lighter and Carryduf 10lbs, its 3lbs difference and I cant see why they should reverse form here. I think that Carryduf is predicted to be favorite because it has less weight than the other 2 havign in count their LTOs, but Super Road Train was going very well in a better race until blundered, and though Matmata has already won to Super Road by 8l 3 outings ago, the latter was 11-12 in weights while matmata 11-2, now Super road is 10 - 11, 1st-1lb lighter and matmata 1lb lighter only, that gives 14lbs for a 8l difference. So all in all, I'll give my conservative vote to Super Road Train To sum up things, I predict the race will be between Super Road Train, Carryduf and Matmata de Tendron. but I expect a fair race by No Picnic too :) Super Road Train - E/W (conservative bet) No Picnic - E/W

Re: Carlisle - Monday 18th Feb Well, first off........the prospects are not great for the meeting going ahead 8.00 Inspection, Clerk of the course reckons the chances are ;not favourable'......... But let's look on the bright side..........:nana The two races I've looked at are the 2.05 and the 3.10 2.05 Classic Fiddle..........has lumps in hand and should win but will be well odds-on 3.10 No Picnic (EW) 8/1 in the RP forecast, 16/1 outsider of the field in the Life. He's a one paced plodder, so 3 and a half miles with an uphill finish should be right up his street carrying just 10 stone. In his 4 outings this season he's been beaten 4L, 5L, hd, 20L........earnings write ups along the lines of 'stayed on', kept on'. His 20L defeat was in a lower class race carrying over 11 stone..........back to slightly higher class with a lower weight I reckon he should 'stay on' and that should be enough to get him placed. ( It's an 8 runner field )