Lay all odds-on Favs

friskyfitz

Exactly as it says on the tin... Very simple procedeure here. All odds-on horses in races where there are 6 or more runners and we have a short early price of less than even money All odds-on horses in races where there are 6 or less runners and the horse's price is less than 4/5. Starting bank will be £100 and we will lay each horse to win £10 All returns will be calculated without commission being taken off.

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Tuesday January 29th Folk - 1.50 Numide. Very short price here in a 16 horse novice hurdle. Won LTO at Leicester for connections but in a race like this is could still falter. While certainly, having the only real form in the race, it could also be undone by the fact that a few have question marks over then. Too many ifs and buts. Jeu D'esprite, De Welsh Wizzard and Six day war are all likely to improve too. Lay Numide @ 1.31 Betfair (£343 available) Southwell 1.30 Hora 11 of the original starters go to post with Cemcraft, Cumbrian knight and Cragganmore creek being N/R's. Too many decent horses in this with Blue Hills, Ronsard, Orchard house and Andorran all capable of giving us a good run against the favourite. Lay Hora @ 1.72 Betfair (€457 available) Taunton 1.40 Haldibari While looking the most likely to win this one, again it falls into the too short-must lay catagory. while 1.67 is available, we must go to 1.70 to find enough Liquidity for SP purposes. With Pterodactyl likely to attract interest and also Hugenot, A lay is the more sensible option for this one at the price available Lay Haldibari @ 1.70 Betfair (£398 available) Taun 2.40 Robin De Sherwood Marcus is the horse here for me in this one. While Robin De Sherwood starts favourite, A disappointing favourite LTO at Leicester, its dropped back in distance and really has something to prove here. With Killing Me softly a possible big EW price too, I feel there are 1 or 2 that can upset the fav, most notable my nap today Marcus Lay Robin de Sherwood @ 1.93 Betfair (£297 available) Taun 3.10 Big Fella Thanks Unbelievably short for a 14 runner novice hurdle but only really Richard's sundance there to oppose him. Layed here totally on price alone, if this was any longer, it would not be a selection for this Glory hunt. The form horse but just too short. The Langer could run a big race at a big price too. Lay Big Fella thanks @ 1.50 (£231 available) as short as 1.44 for small money

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs

Good luck with this Frisky :ok:ok I think there could be a decent profit from this :hope Steve.
Hoping so :lol:lol:lol I think that the biggest problem that I will face is discipline towards bets. For example, the last horse I layed was Big Fella thanks. I actually fancy this horse today but not at those odds!! If I want to stick to my own rules then this must be a lay!! Does that make sense ???

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Small profit for the day thanks to the first 2 runners losing. Robin De Sherwood could have been beaten but the other 2 won well enough. BFT was impressive Selections for Tuesday January 29th Numide - :( Hora - :dude Haldibari - :dude Robin De Sherwood - :( Big Fella Thanks - :( Selection - 5 Winning Lays - 2 Losing Lays - 3 Strike rate - 40% Yield (P/L divided by stakes x 100) - +5.2% Bank - £102.60 P/L - +£2.60

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs My poor selection didnt even make the first today and wiped out half the field in the process. Shocking but just what I wanted!! Selections for Wednesday January 30th Ballabriggs - :dude Selections - 6 Winning Lays - 3 Losing Lays - 3 Strike rate - 50% Yield (P/L divided by stakes x 100) - +21% Bank - £112.60 P/L - +£12.60

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Thursday January 31th Winc 1.40 Fiddling Again An ideal sort of race to have an odds-on Favourite. A 17 runner novice hurdle on G/S at Wincanton. A true nightmare for short price horses. Anything could readily improve here, Miss Ceka look like one, Mums chatterbox can readily step up and Taralina's jockey/trainer combo have a 37.5% SR here this year. I will readily oppose the odds-on Fiddling again here. Lay Fiddling again @ 1.82 Betfair (£229 available) South 2.20 Another Genepi Almmost certain this is more of a risk as its now only a 4 runner contest but Louisiade is in decent form and can turn over the odds-on Another genepi. Good run LTO from Louisiade at Wolves over an extended trip for it, it can go all guns at the favourite here now that it back to its trip. Has won over C+D before too. Lay Another Genepi @ 1.50 Betfair (£763 available)

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Thursday January 31th Fiddling Again :dude - Complete disaster on the day Another Genepi :dude- Beaten just a length but by my fancy who did what was needed of it Selections - 8 Winning Lays - 5 Losing Lays - 3 Strike rate - 62.50% Yield (P/L divided by stakes x 100) - +40.75% Bank - £132.60 P/L - +£32.60

Did you miss the carnage at Wolves Weds night??
Yeah - Were 2 selections that i would have had. Both got stuffed too... Anyway - Im only going to look at what i can and not lay ALL odds-on nags!! If something is borderline in the morning or there are n/r's during the day then they probably wont be a selection for me. Lets see how it goes with what I have.....

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs This thread has prompted me to practice lay betting on betfair (I am fairly new to betfair) Thanks for opening up a whole new area of gambling for me. This 'system' also seems to work on the Australian horse racing market, at least it has done for the last 3 races i have bet on

This thread has prompted me to practice lay betting on betfair (I am fairly new to betfair) Thanks for opening up a whole new area of gambling for me. This 'system' also seems to work on the Australian horse racing market, at least it has done for the last 3 races i have bet on
Best of luck Stodin :ok:ok

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Saturday February 2nd Donc 1.25 Tidal Bay This one could be the shock of the day at Donny as Leslingtaylor , Pseudonym Orpen Wilde and Caraman all have chances. The Favourite of the Arkle and Royal & SunAlliance has done most of its winning over longer distances than todays 2 miles. While a worthy favourite for Cheltenham, this distance may not be its favourite and no surprise to me if it gets turned over. Lay Tidal Bay @ 1.47 Betfair Donc 1.55 Celestial Halo This is a much sterner test here at Donny than the one which saw him a 14 length winner at Newbury. 17 runners in this and in Sentry Duty, there is a very very big danger to the favourrite. On price alone, this is a big lay for me. Lay Celestial Halo @ 1.57 Betfair Ling 1.40 Dushstorm A dream lay for me as any one of these could win this one and the small field suiting both the odd-against horses. Dushstorm is wearing cheekpieces today which has been a decent move before but with 2 decent rivals, he can be confidently taken on at a short price Lay Dushstorm @ 1.89 Betdaq

Another cracking day mate :clap:clap Steve.
Thanks Steve. Well regardless of the last race - I'll be in profit which its all about. Tidal Bay's jumping let it down but Celestial Halo was really well beaten there. I really fancied Sentry Duty but unfortunately I chose to Lay the favourite and not back the winner - I was playing it safe but in reality I should have backed the winner as there was nothing else in that race.

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs :lol:lol:lol Missed Dushstrom winning as I though the race was an hour later...:lol Anyway 2 out of 3 today and very happy with that. Selections for Saturday February 2nd Tidal Bay :dude Celestial Halo :dude Dushstorm :$ Selections - 11 Winning Lays - 7 Losing Lays - 4 Strike rate - 63.63% Yield (P/L divided by stakes x 100) - +39.72% Bank - £143.70 P/L - +£43.70

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Been a while since we had a selection for this but there is one tonight Selections for Wednesday February 7th Wolve 7.20 Orange Square Up against a decent opponent in Bahamarama who reverts back to its favourite 5f trip. Previous runs have been over 6f. Orange Square has only 1 win to its name and that was in a farcical race at Southwell. Im prepared to take the favourite on here as it has much to prove off a high mark although dropped in grade. Lay Orange Sq @ 1.68 Betdaaq

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Friday February 8th Bangor 2.50 Carruthers A Lay simply on price alnoe. Should rip this field apart but not a backing option at 1/4 in a novice hurdle. Innox, A glass in Thyne and Coolbawn Vic can all stay the 3m here Lay Carruthers @ 1.29 Betdaq Bangor 4.25 Armaturk A Nicholl's horse sent out chasing is bound to take a big hold in a race like this. Armaturk will be a short priced favourite but again in Risk Assessor, it'll have a decent horse up against it. However, there is a possibility that Not today Sir might actually have a say in this one too. There is a strange lack of liquidity in this race which is odd considering that this horse is seriously well tipped all round. I expected this to be shorter but all the money this morning seems to be on the lay side Lay Armaturk @ 1.61 Betdaq Southwell 4.35 Rapidity Really only taking this one on again due to its price. Ground may be unknown to it which could help our cause, although Inontime, traitors gate and Mac Dalia could all have a say in this with a small field going. Mac Dalia in particaular has shown its ability to dictate matters in a small field Lay Rapidity @ 1.52 Betdaq

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Friday February 8th A small profit for toady with one loser Carruthers :$ Armaturk - :dude Rapidity - :$ Selections - 15 Winning Lays - 8 Losing Lays - 7 Strike rate - 53.33% Yield (P/L divided by stakes x 100) - +25.86% Bank - £138.80 P/L - +£38.80

Re: Lay all odds-on Favs Selections for Saturday February 9th New 2.45 Denman If this horse is given anything by way of a hard challenge so close to cheltenham, the question will be - Is it worth it??? Celestial Gold could do just that and I wonder just how much Sam thomas will be willing to push Nichol's pride and joy. I suspect he might not do so.