** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

A Below Average UK Footy System – A Typical Help request

leespam

Re: A Below Average UK Footy System – A Typical Help request Poor finish, Watford ended Ipswich's unbeaten run but the draws really kicked me in the nuts :wall. Final figures of: 28pts staked, 21.38 returned, P/L: -6.62 22 bets, 6 wins, S/R: 27.27% Still gonna keep doing the system luna, just gonna keep my posts to the UK & Ireland threads for now though. Might link to this thread to attract a bit of input though. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but my system is based on the premise that the "worst" price an away team can be is 11.49 (or 8.7%) but that's when all the categories are matched up red to green, i.e. home team is all red and away team is all green.

Hereford12.1012.102.752.757.332.7539.784.22-2.4541.562.411.73-16.25
Dag & Red2.502.504.678.252.508.2528.67-0.671.6329.633.375.7512.24
The reason I thought I'd go for Dagenham was due to the long-term/short-term balance that my system has. The Lge, H/A - and History to some extent - all look at team's from a long-term perspective, whereas Form, Avg GF and Avg GA look at a team's short-term perspective. From the stats, it looked like Hereford's price was based on past success and Dagenham's had the potential to have been underestimated in their recent success (albeit not in the scoring dept). Needless to say I was wrong :$.

Re: A Below Average UK Footy System – A Typical Help request well you can look still look at all this in a positive light i'd say......you've only won 6 from 22, but you've only lost 6.62 points! So perhaps all you need to do is dig deep and put some hours into producing a criteria that reduces the number of selections have, or slightly modify a few things......dno, but to only lose that many points from an under 30% strike rate is still quite good IMO a few extra wins and you'd at least break even, perhaps better - so keep on going ;)