** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII)

robilaruk

Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII)  

1. 1.

• Call
    • Fold

bah, have been outdrawn two hands in a row and have folded the last 3 and get this Now Flush is a little loose PF but not shoving, tends to limp/min raise and fold to an AI Toledo hasn't played an AI hand at all, has been quiet so whats my play as shortie? Damo * Game ID 1822130061 starting - 2008-01-18 14:33:50 ** Beach Bum [Hold 'em] (320.00|640.00 No Limit - STT) Real Money - Toledo_TC sitting in seat 1 with 1700.00 - LizziePL sitting in seat 3 with 422.33 [Dealer] - Oltedalgutt sitting in seat 6 with 2520.00 - Cyrus187 sitting in seat 7 with 1554.11 - David_Watts sitting in seat 8 with 1110.00 - flushdecoeur sitting in seat 9 with 2213.56 Oltedalgutt posted the small blind - 160.00 Cyrus187 posted the big blind - 320.00 ** Dealing card to LizziePL: Ace of Clubs, 9 of Spades David_Watts folded flushdecoeur went all-in - 2213.56 Toledo_TC went all-in - 1700.00

Re: Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII) I was going to be prudent and advise folding as your A9 is probably not favourite. However I now think, what the hell, make the call. You are all-in in the next 5 hands, have zero fold equity, and are unlikely to get as good a hand in the next 5. With a bit of luck, you treble up and are back in the mix.

Re: Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII) I hate these situations but too often end up in them but agree with Hornet! CALL - with only a few hands left before you get blinded out you have to take a chance. Even if you fold and get AK next hand the BB will most likely call, if it is folded to them, as the raise is 100 into a 600 pot. Is there any +EV in folding in this situation?

Re: Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII) You say that Toledo has been quiet. He has just call an all in for his tournament life. This would worry me about a call. Personally I hate A9. If it was suited I'd go with the call but off suit I'd have to fold and hope for something better to come along. I'd probably go with any suited cards and any connected cards. If you were the first all in here then it's a good enough hand to shove with. I don't think it's good enough to call with against 2 opponents. You might not get better cards in the next 4 hands, but then again you might. A chip and a chair time for me.

Re: Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII) You indicate that both players will have hands. Assuming the blinds fold you are looking at slightly better than 3/1 for your shot. The only hands that make that good are if both players hold pairs lower than your 9. A higher pair or Ace with better kicker (or possibly both!)...then you are not getting any value at all. Fold for me and hope for better luck soon.

Re: Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII) Thanks for the responses - much appreciated. Am wondering if the reads we have should effect our play so much when we are crippled like this? or whether we should just call and gamble? If I had 800 chips it seems an easier fold as I have a little FE if I shove as I have 500 more chips than the BB but with only 110 chips or so more than the BB I have no FE at all. :unsure Damo

Re: Pop Quiz (Part XXXVII) Fold you would be much better off calling with two live cards you still have play left. The push would worry me the call would worry me more its unlikely you are not up against a bigger ace and be drawing to a nine or four flush hope even worse there is a strong possibility that the calling player has a big pair. Fold like a cheap suit and hope your next hand is a nice little live one