Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters

Unlucky today mate. I thought the Murphy bet looked a good one but he just fell apart :(. You'll hit back :ok
Hope so I'm probably going to back both favs again tomorrow:loon. BTW how fat is Stephen Lee? Haven't seen him on TV for a little while but he was much bigger than the last time I saw him. Also he was sweating a lot more than I ever remember - think to went down to Greggs in the interval. Fancy Ebdon to slow things down, longer between pie breaks:lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+22.61 after another 6-5 goes my way. Two tomorrow: Maguire v Selby Over 9 frames 11/10 10 pts. Maguire performed better of these two in the first round, overcoming Ronnie 6-5 in a better standard game than Selby's slightly edgy game against Hendry where he came from behind to win 6-5. Maguire goes into this one as the fav. on the back of his Ronnie win and the form he has shown this season but it must be said that Selby is also in good form this season following his great run at the Worlds and he has shown he has enough bottle and fighting qualities about him. I think he will improve for that Hendry win and quite simply I can see Selby making Maguire fight for this and this one could be another game this week that goes into at least a tenth frame. Doherty 11/8 10 pts Doherty's form coming into this was poor but he produced fantastic snooker in beating Williams 6-2 and not only some of the best snooker he has produced for a while but the best performance of the week. Murphy beat Carter 6-3 but it was not that high quality a game with lots of errors by both players and if he plays like that against the Doherty of Tuesday he is in trouble, even if he improves 11/8 looks a stand out price on the Irishman.
Both winners so +47.36 now. Leaving tomorrow alone as already on Fu @ 9/1 effectively and not totally sure on Ebdon v Lee.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters EBDON -1.5. This is mainly a play against Lee. Thought he was shocking in the last match - think after 6 or 7 frames his high break was 29. He played some pretty tight snooker to grind it out, but I can't see it happening again. Ebdon wasn't great in his first match - gave away too many chances - but his potting was pretty good and so long as that remains he can tighten up the safety and come through this comfortably. Outright Junhui @ 3.05 Betfair.

Ding now a solid favourite after the excellent win against Higgins and I'm willing to back him at this price. He seems to be playing as well as he can, and will be looking to erase the memories of last year with Ronnie out. I can see him beating Fu comfortably, I haven't really been impressed with him this week. Then in the semis it's Ebdon or Lee, and neither look like scoring heavily enough to keep it close. Then the final looks a bit tougher, against Selby or Doherty, but I'll happily take Ding over either of those guys.

Desmond at half time in this Fu match. He needs to get his scoring boots on if he's to win this though.
He heard me :dude. Fu comes from 3-2 down to lead 5-3 with a trio of half century breaks. I've a feeling this has a bit to run yet but hopefully Hong Kong Fuey can get over the line.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters +65.36 now after Fu wins his quarter @ 9/1 and as the hope is still alive for the 33/1 e.w shot I will leave his semi alone. One in the other semi though: Doherty 6/5 10 pts. Selby is not someone you really want to oppose given the fighting qualities he continues to show but I am doing just that by going for Ken here. Doherty has suddenly found form this week, he played very well in his first game and after a slightly edgy start played some great stuff to beat Murphy from behind in his last game, 3 centuries in 4 frames indicate he is playing well. As the 'underdog' here it is Ken for me.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters The early semi final looks like being a close match. 10pts K.Doherty to beat M.Selby 6/5 Sportingbet Ken Doherty has looked excellent all week bar for a couple of frames against Shaun Murphy on Thursday when he took a while to get going. He's won 12 frames this week, 4 of them with centuries including the highest break of the tournament so far. Mark Selby has fought really hard and should have lost both of his 1st two matches this week but he's still alive. He's not playing at top form though. Doherty's been here and done it plenty of times and that experience could be vital. He looks on top of his game, which last year was good enough to be provisionally number 1 in the world and he looks a superb bet to see of the Jester in the 1st semi final.

When was the last time a fav won this week? Last 2 days it's been 4 dogs' date=' can't remember the games from the day before?:unsure[/quote'] Wednesday it was Dott/Lee (dog) and Higgins/Ding (not sure they were very close?) Tuesday it was Williams/Doherty (dog) and Robertson/Fu (dog) Last fav to win was Ebdon on Monday night:loon

Guess what' date=' I like the favs again - never learn:wall[/quote'] I really like Doherty. He's my strongest fancy this week so far in that semi final. For me the other one could go either way but something somewhere in me is siding with Lee, particularly as I guess he'll be the outsider. Not sure what it is that makes me like him though.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters Can still make a profit this week, here's the plan... Selby v OVER 9 frames @ 2.00 Bet365. Not trying to pick a winner here, but like so many matches this week expect it to be tight. I expected both to lose in the last round but they battled through and I just can't see either player running away with this. 6-4 either way is good enough and I'm happy to take even money. FU -1.5 frames @ 2.00 Paddy. Still not convinced by Lee, and I see him being found out today. Ebdon was awful yesterday and I'm sure Lee won't get anywhere near as many chances today. Fu was very composed against Ding and I expect him to take this comfortably. Outright FU @ 3.20 Will Hill. Expect Fu to have the easier time in the semis today and looks to have a decent shot in the winner. He's won a lot of matches lately and knows how to take out a tournament. If he makes it to the final Doherty or Selby are likely to be a small favourite, but I'd still fancy Fu to take it down.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters Didn't get chance to get on here before the Lee match started so couldn't back him despite liking his chances last night. I like his chances today too at what has to be described as a ludicrous price. 10pts S.Lee to beat M.Selby 15/8 Bet365 As I've said in other writeup's Stephen Lee has impressed me all week. Not with high scoring and whirlwind centuries but with solid grafting and hard matchplay. The fact that Ebdon and Fu couldn't get going against him says a lot for the quality of his play this week. Here he faces Mark Selby, no mug to the matchplay game and a guy who is starting to get a reputation in these big events having made the world final last season. Selby saw off Doherty in a close match yesterday and has been to a decider in all 3 matches this week so if this goes close we know Selby won't fold but Stephen Lee is playing well, he has a dream of a cue action with looks superb this week and when he's in the balls he's scoring ok. He's got the experience on his side and I think he can take this Masters title. 10pts S.Lee vs M.Selby - Over 16 Frames 10/11 Bet365 These two are fairly evenly matched and I can't see a one sided final here. 10-7 or closer either way sees us safe and while we'll get some big breaks and frames won in one visit, both play good match snooker and there will be some tactical and slightly scrappy frames as well. Masters finals tend to be close and tend to be full of drama and turn into epics and with 2 evenly matched players in this one this could go the same way. I can't see either not getting 7 frames so the overs looks a safe play.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters Finally agree Kev:ok Selby v Lee OVER 16 frames @ 1.9 Bet365. Selby has been involved in close matches all this week. Struggle to see the final being different. He's produced a few good breaks but in general isn't finishing frames in one visit and I don't see him running away with this. I've definately underestimated Lee this week, and see him putting up a good performance. He too hasn't been finishing frames in one visit but has been grinding it out and has gotten better every match. Can see this being close all the way and there's a great chance of seeing at least 17 frames.

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters pleased Selby's 5-3 up, think the first frame of tonights session is crucial, 6-3 or 5-4, whoever takes will have a big mental edge on his opponent. Everytime Lee gets in amongst the balls, i just get this feeling he's going to break down at any moment, Selby needs to keep playing his natural game, expect Lee to come out fighting though. Come on Mark!:ok

Re: Snooker: SAGA Insurance Masters Selby wins 8 on the trot to win 10-3. I feel a bit for Stephen Lee, he did try things to get back into it tonight but Selby didn't half have some run of the ball. Credit to him though, he played pretty much flawless snooker tonight and that kid is definitely a runner in Sheffield. -20 for the final so -14 for the tournament :sad.