** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Pop Quiz (part XXXVI)

robilaruk

Pop Quiz (part XXXVI)  

1. 1.

Okay have been tight, raised with KK and chucked to two callers on an A66 flop Hit a straight a few hands ago and doubled up - so whats my play? Damo ** Game ID 1806895068 starting - 2008-01-09 11:30:45 ** Little Corona [Hold 'em] (40.00|80.00 No Limit - STT) Real Money - LizziePL sitting in seat 1 with 1570.00 - -NANUK- sitting in seat 3 with 600.00 - iidol sitting in seat 5 with 870.00 - samyraptor sitting in seat 6 with 1375.00 - bperrozzi sitting in seat 7 with 2430.00 - cramer9 sitting in seat 8 with 1565.00 - CARIQUE sitting in seat 9 with 810.00 [Dealer] - holtelad sitting in seat 10 with 720.00 holtelad posted the small blind - 20.00 LizziePL posted the big blind - 40.00 ** Dealing card to LizziePL: Queen of Spades, Queen of Hearts -NANUK- folded iidol went all-in - 870.00 samyraptor called - 870.00 bperrozzi called - 870.00 cramer9 folded CARIQUE folded holtelad folded Hero???????

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI) Should probably fold as 4 way action even with a premium hand like qq sombodys going to hit an overcard and suck out although difficult to say without knowing the standard so far of your opponents. Saying that I would probably shove preflop. Doubtful if sammy or bp would have aa or kk as with thatmnay players still to act would of tried to isolate i.m.o

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI) First of all my thought process about each player before making the decision: iidol's all in is strange - could have a premium hand hoping to double back up, at least 88 i'd put them on, or they're on tilt but you would have noted that if they were so that can be discounted. I dunno, maybe 1010 :unsure. sammyraptor's call is very suspicious as said above - calling over half stack seems fishy - Maybe AKs. bperozzi - i feel is calling for value with something like KQs Anyway, these are the ranges i put them on, even if the ranges for each player is wrong the point is you're guaranteed to be in a race against so many likely opponents. As it stood you're 2nd chip leader with a long way to go. I'd sit tight at this point, no point getting involved against so many opponents though you might be ahead the chances are at least 1 person is being knocked out and you'll still be in the top 3 chip leaders with a healthy stack to play with and get in the top 3 at least.

Guest gazza271

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI) Fold for me to :ok Altho to be fair I probably would have called while distracted ;) As mentioned 4 people in ? someone will hit an overcard :(

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI) Seems weird the two guys only call, if the wanted to go all in, wouldn't they have gone all in? They might have hands like A-Qs, A-Js, KQs etc. maybe mid pairs, the third guy would probably shove if he had a premium hand. You have a tight image, I'd look at shoving to be honest, the second guy in the pot with only 500 left would probably call with pot odds on his side, but the last guy has 2500, he'll probably fold seeing as he did not shove, but chose to call. That leaves you all in with 2 guys, one of them is only in a small pot and the other one most probably does not have a premium hand, seeing as he only called, which means that you're playing for a sidepot of 1000 against a non-premium hand and playing against Idool who could probably have anything 1010+ to be honest.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI) 2 options for me, shove the rest in or just fold it, 20BB's can't be flat calling for flops. The play totally depends on the buyin of the STT and any read you have from previous hands on these guys. For me its just not profitable if your folding here without any reads other than these guys are real tight, very odd they are putting half their stack in for flops, seems like they are bad players without a clue IMO. The 1st shover has 11 Big Blinds which is where people usually start shoving somewhere around 10 BB's is when its shove/fold mode. But hes not in total desperation mode, maybe hes shoving (maybe i'm giving a far too loose range) AJ+, QJ, KQ or 22+ is possible. You absolutely crush that range of hands with QQ. The 1st flat caller is the only person i'd be worried about i think. Seems strange and hard to put him on a range of hands, when its more than half his stack i presume its a far better hand than the range i gave the 1st shover to put that much of his stack in. Still with QQ in your hand your hand is generally ahead of his range. You think he'll be calling with hands like AJ,AQ,JJ,TT,99,88? If so you gotta call, in great shape against those. 2nd FLAT caller with a big stack is worrying too, meh hes probably just a retard though looking to gamble, if he had a premium hand like AA or KK, no reason not to just put it in, seems like hes one of those guys without a clue for pot odds and stuff, or maybe he does and thinks hes getting value with some horrid hand, seems to me its more likely hes one of those clueless players. I'm sure all of these guys have a few Aces and Kings in their hands so thats a few outs gone for whoever has over cards, your gambling on 1 of them having AA or KK, no ones showed real strength so its a bit of a guess. If you shove and win i don't see how its possible you don't make the money. I would dump the QQ if people showed real strength, like some reraises after raises and then if the big stack called the 2 raises all in i might dump it. But a shortish stack shove and 2 flat calls, one for value by big stack i think. Well its a call for me (but it is close and read dependant). I'm guessing you called and the 1st caller shows AA and you lost or you wouldn't post it!

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI)

2The play totally depends on the buyin of the STT and any read you have from previous hands on these guys. dependant). I'm guessing you called and the 1st caller shows AA and you lost or you wouldn't post it!
Thanks Steve for the response and :welcometo the forum, nice to have you here:ok The buy-in and and/or the outcome does not matter, its the correct play I am interested in, to try to play better in future situations and everyone seems to want to fold (though I really did like Jonne's post, full of sound reasoning). I had no reads at the time, but do have some now! For the record here are the hands those three played (and the callers played quite badly IMO) iidol shows: Jack of Clubs, Ace of Hearts (AI first) samyraptor shows: 8 of Hearts, 4 of Clubs (called!! I can only assume he was hitting the call check box as iidol shoved?) bperrozzi shows: Ace of Diamonds, King of Hearts (called! this is truly poor, he should either fold or shove to create a side pot/get HU) And then of course the invetible happens! ** Dealing the flop: 8 of Clubs, 8 of Spades, 5 of Spades ** Dealing the turn: 10 of Clubs ** Dealing the river: Ace of Spades :lol Cheers Damo

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXVI) In anything other than play money or tiddley winks you are up against a monster here. There is zero point in shoving bar just deciding to enter the lottery here as you do not have sufficient chips at this point to scare anyone out of the pot from a value perspective. Clearly you were up against donks and therefore calling was the right move in this scenario.. but in a normal game of average to above average players I would fold here.