Eddie Ahern....

RussP

Just back from holiday and read about Eddie Ahern:(. This lad, IMO, really is a fool to himself and doesn't portray flat racing in a great light for me. Good jockey at his best, but complete idiot & a disgrace to horse racing at his worst. Now hit with a 3 month ban for flouting the rules attempting to trigger a suspension and clear his 'whip offence' backlog. He has already missed 33 days in 2007 due to misuse of the whip. Look, I am not a do-gooder and understand that the whip needs to be used - my daughter goes horse riding every week and my mum has owned 10 horses in the past so I understand a bit about it. But the way this guy goes about his business bloody infuriates me. Not just that but no remorse either.:@ This is the same joker who, in 2003, dismounted from his horse Beauchamp Ribbon and blatantly kicked it in the stomach. One of the worst incidents I have ever had the misfortune to witness.:@:@ Thoughts?