Joe Wins Sports Personality Of The Year

Re: Joe Wins Sports Personality Of The Year After last night, Ricky Hatton couldn't rightly win. They can't honestly go for a defeated fight over Joe Calzaghe. On the other hand Hamilton had a good season but won nothing, so his price was ridiculous. Just like the Olympic vote on Betfair, when the last plunges on London made the graph look like a ski slope, I'm told that the odds on Joe went from 15 to 4 in about 5 minutes before the announcement was made. Here are the final votes from the BBC website. Sports Personality voting: 1. Joe Calzaghe 177,748 (28.19%) 2. Lewis Hamilton 122,649 (19.45%) 3. Ricky Hatton 85,280 (13.53%) 4. James Toseland 84,570 (13.41%) 5. Jason Robinson 67,061 (10.64%) 6. Paula Radcliffe 34,895 (5.53%) 7. Jonny Wilkinson 30,302 (4.81%) 8. Andy Murray 13,242 (2.1%) 9. Justin Rose 10,227 (1.62%) 10. Christine Ohuruogu 4,481 (0.71%) (and that was her family running up the phone bill :lol) Total votes: 630,455

Re: Joe Wins Sports Personality Of The Year One wonders if they had two awards ready considering Joe was in Las Vegas. I can't complain as of the ten his achievement was the most remarkable and he's generally been ignored over the last decade. I can't see him winning SPotY two years in a row if say, he beats Bernard Hopkins next year. However if nobody else does anything remarkable it'd be hard to deny him again. It is of course, an Olympic year. OT: The Bernard Hopkins-Joe Calzaghe fight deal is close to completion apparently...Lord knows where though. http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/07/12/09/BOXING_Calzaghe_Hopkins.html If Joe's learnt anything from the Hatton-Mayweather fight I'd suggest it's to be wary of the referee, don't lose your cool and stick to the gameplan! :lol Hopkins has a slight reach and height advantage over Calzaghe.