Multi Bets Are The Way

SydCityKid

I find multi betting to be very profitable. I like the fact how you can combine all your favourite sports into 1 big bet and get massive odds. Although there is more risk involved i just think it is a better way to bet. If you have never done a multi before people, next time you have a punt why not try a one. However i'll give you 1 word of advice. Try to keep the multi to under 5 legs. DOES ANYONE ELSE DO MULTI BETS INSTEAD OF SINGLE BETS?

Re: Multi Bets Are The Way you know what, you are probably going to get completely slated for writing that. I enjoy a 0.1 point accumulator on the football on a saturday which i go down to corals and put on, its more a social thing as a few of us do it at uni. The rest of my betting is singles online, with maybe a teaser thrown in if im feeling adventurous. Someone with probably present the calculations as to why multis arent as profitable as singles now...

Re: Multi Bets Are The Way There's nowt wrong with a fun 'multi' or accumulator and I do them myself occassionally for small stakes and a bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon. But, if you're making them part of your main betting strategy then you really are on route to the poorhouse. All my "serious" bets (that sounds so po-faced, but hopefully you know what I mean!) are singles with the very occassional double thrown in if I like the odds enough. You do seem awfully keen to discuss this topic by the way as this is the 3rd thread I've come across along the same lines - any reason why? :loon

Re: Multi Bets Are The Way

There's nowt wrong with a fun 'multi' or accumulator and I do them myself occassionally for small stakes and a bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon. But, if you're making them part of your main betting strategy then you really are on route to the poorhouse. All my "serious" bets (that sounds so po-faced, but hopefully you know what I mean!) are singles with the very occassional double thrown in if I like the odds enough. You do seem awfully keen to discuss this topic by the way as this is the 3rd thread I've come across along the same lines - any reason why? :loon
The only reason i ask for is that i am interested in other peoples opinions, now i have made alot of profit this year putting different favourites in a multi. if you can get four 1.20 legs that equals over even money. Lets put it into play this weekend shall we and ill show you what i mean. i will have do a multi for you shorlty.:ok

There's nowt wrong with a fun 'multi' or accumulator and I do them myself occassionally for small stakes and a bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon. But, if you're making them part of your main betting strategy then you really are on route to the poorhouse. All my "serious" bets (that sounds so po-faced, but hopefully you know what I mean!) are singles with the very occassional double thrown in if I like the odds enough. You do seem awfully keen to discuss this topic by the way as this is the 3rd thread I've come across along the same lines - any reason why? :loon
I mostly agree. If you're just doing it for fun, then of course that's fine. But here's a question for fans of accumulators: Imagine you put £10 (you can scale this up or down to what would be a typical stake for you) on a 5-team accumulator, with each individual bet at odds of evens. Suppose four of the matches were on Saturday, and they all won. Now you have £160 going on to the last match. If you'd just put the first four teams in a £10 accumulator, you'd now have a £150 profit, and could decide how much to bet on the fifth team. Would you then have bet as much as £160? If not, then why did you do the 5-team accumulator? Even worse, I've come across people who would lay off some of the bet at odds of, say, 2.10 including commission, at this point to guarantee a profit. That really doesn't make sense to me. The only thing I disagree with is that for me, this applies to doubles as much as to bigger accumulators. Apart from each-way doubles (which are rather different) I never do doubles except occasionally for practical reasons (e.g., there are a few bookies who limit you on singles but allow you to put on a double in addition to the two singles, so this is a way to bet more than you could by just doing singles).

Re: Multi Bets Are The Way For me I think the only size of accumulator I would do these days is a treble. That way you can be more selective, have more chance of a successful return but also gives bigger odds. I think it's possible to pick more winning trebles than losing trebles but I guess I'll see over time. Definitely though I would say out of 10 attempts I would get at least a couple right and with odds of evens for each leg of the treble, that would more than return stake over the period of 10.

Definitely though I would say out of 10 attempts I would get at least a couple right and with odds of evens for each leg of the treble' date=' that would more than return stake over the period of 10.[/quote'] A long-term average of two winning trebles from every ten, if each leg had odds of evens, would be astonishing.

The only reason i ask for is that i am interested in other peoples opinions' date=' now i have made alot of profit this year putting different favourites in a multi. if you can get four 1.20 legs that equals over even money. Lets put it into play this weekend shall we and ill show you what i mean. i will have do a multi for you shorlty.:ok[/quote'] The way i see it, when gambling, dont do what the house wants you to. http://www.insidepokermag.co.uk/football/masterclass/108/football_betting.html This article contains some proof of the above. English bookmakers have scorecasts plastered all over the front windows because this is exactly the kind of bet they want you to do, their over round is huge on these markets.

The only reason i ask for is that i am interested in other peoples opinions' date=' now i have made alot of profit this year putting different favourites in a multi. if you can get four 1.20 legs that equals over even money. Lets put it into play this weekend shall we and ill show you what i mean. i will have do a multi for you shorlty.:ok[/quote'] I think the problem you get to when deciding on what to put in a multi, as malcolm boyle points out in the above article is that you are never looking for value. There is no such thing as a banker, so if you accumulator has just 1 leg which is bad value at the price, you will lose in the long run. edit/ + getting this weeks multi right/wrong doesnt prove anything.

I think the problem you get to when deciding on what to put in a multi, as malcolm boyle points out in the above article is that you are never looking for value. There is no such thing as a banker, so if you accumulator has just 1 leg which is bad value at the price, you will lose in the long run. edit/ + getting this weeks multi right/wrong doesnt prove anything.
If i get 10 right in a row does that prove anything. What do i have to do to prove my point? eg, tonight i'm bored so i put 2 $50 on a 1-0 correct score line/bris-10.5/over218.5 and 0-0/same bball bet paying 20-1.(if you don't believe me i posted it in the non-european football/a-league rd 16 section) and won $1000 from 50 bux. i would have to lose my next 20 multis to be even betting 50 bux. much better value. Sometimes its realy realy shits me when i have 3/4 right and the last leg loses but hey that just gambling. Its probably a very personal thing but i like having a big wad of the bookies money in my pocket.

Its probably a very personal thing but i like having a big wad of the bookies money in my pocket.
Okay i have a challenge for you, be so good that you get banned. People who consistantly make profit betting singles get their max-stake reduced on most bookmakers (a handful dont). If your strategy is unbeatable, then you will be banned from betting accumulators, or they will just limit your stake. Im pretty sure this has never happened in the history of PL or gambling, and i get the feeling 90% of people on PL put more thought in to their selections (rather than just looking for all the shortest prices on the tickets, or the biggest name teams), so good luck! Bookies want you to keep betting these big accas and because they KNOW they have an edge, they will never limit you... Im trying to help you see the light, you won a grand, use that as a bankroll to start making money sustainably, cos i can almost guarentee betting on big accumulators is going to end in tears (or at the very least losing most of the money you have won). How old are you? just wondering as im 21 and have been gambling for 4 years and used to be exactly like you..

Re: Multi Bets Are The Way I am 33 and still love acca's. Trebles are a regular bet for me. Had 7-folds in my threads before & won, as many people know. And this season, I have had 5-folds out of 5&6-fold bets. I know I will never make it rich doing this, but I just can't be arsed putting £10 to win £8 on a single.

I am 33 and still love acca's. Trebles are a regular bet for me. Had 7-folds in my threads before & won, as many people know. And this season, I have had 5-folds out of 5&6-fold bets. I know I will never make it rich doing this, but I just can't be arsed putting £10 to win £8 on a single.
Thankyou fleet like you i just don't see the point of putting on 10 to win 7 or 8. However i think you can get rich doing it.

Thankyou fleet like you i just don't see the point of putting on 10 to win 7 or 8. However i think you can get rich doing it.
This is where we disagree - there WILL be times when the unexpected happens and you lose. GL though. I love a flutter - even the lottery & I know how the odds are shite on that.

Okay i have a challenge for you, be so good that you get banned. People who consistantly make profit betting singles get their max-stake reduced on most bookmakers (a handful dont). If your strategy is unbeatable, then you will be banned from betting accumulators, or they will just limit your stake. Im pretty sure this has never happened in the history of PL or gambling, and i get the feeling 90% of people on PL put more thought in to their selections (rather than just looking for all the shortest prices on the tickets, or the biggest name teams), so good luck! Bookies want you to keep betting these big accas and because they KNOW they have an edge, they will never limit you... Im trying to help you see the light, you won a grand, use that as a bankroll to start making money sustainably, cos i can almost guarentee betting on big accumulators is going to end in tears (or at the very least losing most of the money you have won). How old are you? just wondering as im 21 and have been gambling for 4 years and used to be exactly like you..
I am banned from 253 bookmakers ate!!!!!!!! lol just joking. Like you i am 21 however i have been betting since i was 12. Sneaking into my local bookies to put bets on when i was a young one. And ever since i first learnt the trade i've always had money in my pocket without holding a job. Mate to be totaly serious you would have to be winning some big,big money to be getting banned. Most times i just put bets on at my local bookie wich in australia is owned by the government so our bookies cannot refuse a bet as it is illegal. From opening this forum i now understand that multi's may be a little bit of a risk and single bets MAY be smarter, however you have notsold me yet.:)

Imagine you put £10 (you can scale this up or down to what would be a typical stake for you) on a 5-team accumulator, with each individual bet at odds of evens. Suppose four of the matches were on Saturday, and they all won. Now you have £160 going on to the last match. If you'd just put the first four teams in a £10 accumulator, you'd now have a £150 profit, and could decide how much to bet on the fifth team. Would you then have bet as much as £160? If not, then why did you do the 5-team accumulator?
Also, why be riding the 160 at 2.00 when if you waited till Saturday evening you could be having 160 at >2.00?
Even worse, I've come across people who would lay off some of the bet at odds of, say, 2.10 including commission, at this point to guarantee a profit. That really doesn't make sense to me.
I love it how they boast their shrewdness :wall. Never lay off unless you are actually taking value at the time, unless for some reason you've found yourself horribly over committed.