Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll

McG

Just received this from Purple Lounge - WARNING - check all the T's & C's regarding what is meant by "a day's play" McG *********** This brand new tournament rewards our most loyal players by giving you the chance to win $20,000 every single month. The rules are simple:

• The tournament will run once a month on every 2nd Saturday of the month
  • Anyone who has played at Purple Lounge at real money tables within the previous month will automatically have a seat
  • The more often you play at Purple Lounge in the previous month, the deeper your starting stack
  • The deeper your starting stack, the more chance you have of winning $$$$
How do I get a deeper stack?
  • Play between 1 and 5 days and start with 2000 chips
  • Play between 6 and 10 days and start with 4000 chips
  • Play between 11 and 20 days and start with 7000 chips
  • Play more than 20 days will start the tournament with the maximum 10,000 chips

The tournament will run every 2nd Saturday of the month – you can find it in the lobby under FREEROLLS. Good Luck! Terms and Conditions Apply December's Tournament is different - 7 days to qualify! We want to give our players $20,000 of Christmas Cheer, courtesy of the Purple Lounge Team For December's tournament, players must play in the last 7 days of November to qualify. How do I qualify?

• Play 1 or 2 days and start with 2000 chips
  • Play 3 or 4 days and start with 4000 chips
  • Play 5 or 6 days and start with 7000 chips
  • Play all 7 of the remaining days in November and you will start the tournament with the maximum 10,000 chips

You can find it in the lobby under FREEROLLS. Note from McG - Terms and Conditions in next post

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll 1. The Tournament is open to any Purple Lounge player who has qualified by playing at least 1 day over the last seven days of November, i.e. 23/11/2007 until 30/11/2007. 2. A day of play will consist of at least 2 hours of raking play at ring games or Sit and Go’s or at least 6 MTT games bought into in a 24 hour period with a minimum fee of $1 USD. 3. The 24 hour qualifying period will run from midnight to midnight GMT. 4. Players will be notified of their entry and starting chip allocation at least 3 days prior to the start of the tournament. 5. Players who play 1 or 2 qualifying days will start the tournament with 2000 chips 6. Players who play 3 or 4 qualifying days will start the tournament with 4000 chips 7. Players who play 5 or 6 qualifying days will start the tournament with 7000 chips 8. Players who play all 7 days will start the tournament with the full 10000 chips 9. The prize pool for the tournament is $20k USD with the top 85 places paid out 10. All prizes will be credited to players purple lounge poker account 11. The tournament will run on the 2nd Saturday of December 12. The time of the tournament will be 18:00 GMT 13. The tournament will be No limit Texas Hold’em 14. Table sizes for the tournament will be 10 players per table 15. Blind intervals will be 20-minutes 16. The blind structure is as per the daily guaranteed tournaments on Purple Lounge, please see these tournaments for details 17. Each player must satisfy themselves that they can make the time of the event, no exchange tournament entry will be offered for Tournament entry where the player fails to attend or cannot attend the event. There is no cash alternative or value to the entry offered. 18. Players will be automatically entered into this tournament based on their qualifying play. 19. All decisions regarding entry qualification are at the sole discretion of purple lounge and are final, no correspondence will be entered into. 20. Purple Lounge reserve the right to amend the structure of the tournament or to change the terms for all future tournaments 21. Purple Lounge reserves the right to cancel the tournament at our discretion 22. If the Tournament is cancelled, halted or doesn’t run for circumstances beyond our control, no payouts will be made although players may be entered into a future tournament at our discretion 23. Standard Purple Lounge Terms and Conditions apply. Payout Structure

1st $10,000
2nd $5000
3rd $1500
4th $700
5th $350
6th - 10th $125
11th - 20th $75
21st - 30th $50
31st - 40th $20
41st - 50th $15
51st - 60th $10
61st - 85th $5

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll A day of play will consist of at least 2 hours of raking play at ring games or Sit and Go’s or at least 6 MTT games bought into in a 24 hour period with a minimum fee of $1 USD So does that mean I can sit at a 10-player table, play like a tortoise and just pay my blinds for 2 hours to qualify? My first thought had been that this was quite a stringent condition for qualification, but now I'm not so sure. :unsure

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll So to qualify for the freeroll by playing tournaments you will have to play 6 $10+$1(min) in 24hrs period to qualify... The Fee is a tournament is the rake not the buy in...i.e $10+$1.....the fee is $1 Is that right....

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll Per the terms and conditions this should advise how you attain the 2000 chips 2. A day of play will consist of at least 2 hours of raking play at ring games or Sit and Go?s or at least 6 MTT games bought into in a 24 hour period with a minimum fee of $1 USD. 5. Players who play 1 or 2 qualifying days will start the tournament with 2000 chips I hope this assists you. If problems persist or if you have further questions then do let me know. Kind regards Ryan Purple Lounge Support [email protected]

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll gaf said: I played about 30 mins on 5 tables just before midnight :ok ($0.02/$0.05) - plan on doing that daily for the next 7 days :loon Hopefully will get me in with the full 10,000 chips :) sounds cheap enough but will the rake be large enough. maybe the rake needs to be 25c like other qualifiers.:unsure

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll Hello Michael, Thank you for contacting Purple Lounge, we apologise for the delayed response. Please note that in the Terms and Conditions reads "A day of play will consist of at least 2 hours of raking play at ring games or Sit and Go?s or at least 6 MTT games bought into in a 24 hour period with a minimum fee of $1 USD". In regards to playing on SNG tables, I confess that I'm not 100% sure of the lowest required level. I have at this time forwarded your issue to our Technical team and asked for confirmation, however my suggestion is that you play for two hours of whichever level you wish. Kind regards, Boris Purple Lounge Support lol..they don't know either:rollin

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll I respect them admitting they dont know :ok Too many customer support people will just guess when they don't know (and often get it wrong).... Am still keeping up with my 2 "table hours" per day :unsure

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll Clears a few things up You are through to Purple lounge chat support an agent will be with you in a moment.. You have been connected to Jonathan . Jonathan : Hi, my name is Jon, how can I help? colin : hi with regards the $20 freeroll on 2/12 .. i spoke to u earlier ... any luck on criteria pls colin : $20k that is lol Jonathan : haha. I've spoken briefly to a colleague Colin and they advised that it states in the T&C, but if you bear with me, I'll see if I can get further information for you. colin : k it just doesnt show level of stakes .... colin : can you play low level cash tables Jonathan : If you earn rake at the table, then the terms and conditions appear to stipulate that they count. colin : k so is it an amount of rake or just 2 hours combined time of tables ....ie 4 tables at 1/2 hour each = 2 hours pls Jonathan : It has to be 2 hours in total. It cannot be divided up amongst tables like you have suggested. colin: or if you play at a table and fold your time still counts for that hand ?? colin : as long as you sit at one table for 2 hours then ??? Jonathan : Again it doesn't stipulate that it needs to be for the full length as long as 2 hours over the course of the 24 in total. colin : ok cheers ... so if I play at $0.04 or $10 it doesn't matter then Jonathan : As far as I can tell, as long as you rake, it should count. I'm going to have to double check this though. The Technical team haven't gotten back to me since they said it stated so in the t&c which is infuriating. I'm going to pressure them for a firm answer. colin : cheers for your help ...... i shall contact you later to confirm ... keep on at em lol ... cya spacer.gif

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll Well I disagree with support and the relevant department. It says 2 hours of raking play. It doesn't specify the level or the amount of tables. If they are going to offer these promotions they should be clear about what qualifies. I shall be pushing them to let me in.

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll Not sure about that - it makes little difference to them how many qualify for the freeroll - it costs them the same - there's no reason for them to lose goodwill over it - they want as many people as possible to strive to achieve it....

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll I don't think you tell off the site how long you've played. They were adamant that I could not multi-table so the past 2 nights i've played a 2hr stint on one table .... then 2 x 1hr stints on 2 tables ie one after the other. Hopefully this is the right way to get 7000 chips if I play until 30/11........... on the way i've played tight but accumated $20 , $20 and $10 profit :) ..... not alot but maybe this is the way forward... Its on every month so should be good ...........

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll Grrrrrrrr...... I stopped playing the cash tables after such clear and unambiguous direction from live help that it was "real hours" and not "table hours" .....I never played for more than about 45 minutes - and no way I could manage 2 hours every day..... Just had an email through from them saying I'm in with 4,000 Chips - so it's definitely Table Hours........if I'd known that, I'd have kept playing and got the 10,000 chips :wall :wall When will a poker room find support staff that can answer your question, AND get it right? :wall :wall :wall

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll free run for five mins against a table of sit outs:) next 55mins shared blinds with delpiero all rest sitting out.:) first break up to 11k from 2k start:) 70 mins duel with bigstack and so the inevitable:(

Re: Purple Lounge - Deep Purple $20K Freeroll I finished 100th ......after being trapped by AA then AKc beaten by 77 to finish me off..... :( ....... poor play by me to be honest.... As for this month ... I wish they'd put this last month :wall This brand new tournament rewards our most loyal players by giving you the chance to win $20,000 every single month. The rules are simple: The tournament will run once a month on every 2nd Saturday of the month

• Anyone who has played at Purple Lounge at real money tables within the previous month will automatically have a seat
  • The more often you play at Purple Lounge in the previous month, the deeper your starting stack
  • The deeper your starting stack, the more chance you have of winning $$$$
How do I get a deeper stack?
  • Play between 1 and 5 days and start with 2000 chips
  • Play between 6 and 10 days and start with 4000 chips
  • Play between 11 and 20 days and start with 7000 chips
  • Play more than 20 days will start the tournament with the maximum 10,000 chips
  • The definition of one days play is 2 hours at the tables e.g. playing 4 tables for 30 minutes only will not qualify.

The tournament will run every 2nd Saturday of the month – you can find it in the lobby under FREEROLLS. Good Luck!