** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horse Racing Glossary / Q&A

RussP

Re: Horse Racing Glossary / Q&A guys i m quite ignorant on horces but i m interested in well i have noticed that the odds apart from Betfair are not available until 11:00 am at least in bet365 my bookie i just had a look in skybet now for a tomorrow's race and again no odds, just SPs everywhere so my question is in which bookies do you look for races which are tommorow??:unsure

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Horse Racing Glossary / Q&A

guys i m quite ignorant on horces but i m interested in well i have noticed that the odds apart from Betfair are not available until 11:00 am at least in bet365 my bookie i just had a look in skybet now for a tomorrow's race and again no odds, just SPs everywhere so my question is in which bookies do you look for races which are tommorow??:unsure
The odds comparison sites show which bookies are putting up early prices the night before a race. Bet365 and Paddypower often put prices up the night before for the decent races, an example being the 6.40pm at Windsor tomorrow night, listed race, already priced up. There is a link for an odds comparison site at the top of the page. :ok

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Re: Horse Racing Glossary / Q&A heres something diffrent for those intrested i would like to add this aint my work but the author gave me permission for me to use it Goffs Orby Yearling Sale, 3-4 October The Goffs Orby Yearling Sale gets underway in Ireland tomorrow and runs for two days. 400 lots have been catalogued to sell and they include progeny by the likes of: Acclamation (7) Cape Cross (9) Dalakhani (6) Danehill Dancer (11) Dubawi (1) Galileo (8) Invincible Spirit (17) Montjeu (7) New Approach (8) Oasis Dream (2) Pivotal (1) Sea the Stars (9) Yeats (3) The sale has always been well patronised by Jim Bolger and this year is no exception as his Redmondstown Stud offer 8 yearlings including a half-sister to PARISH HALL, a full-sister to DAWN APPROACH and two by Sea the Stars. The stand-out lots on offer include the following: Lot 1 – filly Intense Focus/Halla Siamsa – half-sister to G1 winner PARISH HALL Lot 12 – filly New Approach/Hymn of the Dawn – full-sister to G1 winner DAWN APPROACH Lot 17 – filly Fastnet Rock/In My Dreams – dam half-sister to ROCK OF GIBRALTAR Lot 29 – filly Mastercraftsman/Joyful – half-sister to dam of SAMITAR and NIJOOM DUBAI Lot 35 – filly Sea the Stars/Karmifira – half-sister to G1 placed ON VERRA Lot 57 – colt Galileo/Luas Line – dam G1 winner Lot 58 – filly Sea the Stars/Luminaria – from family of CUIS GHAIRE and GILE NA GREINE Lot 63 – colt Excellent Art/Magic Sister – half-brother to G1 winner RAJEEM Lot 68 – colt Sea the Stars/Maoineach – dam G3 winner Lot 77 – filly Teofilo/Mayenne – half-sister to dam of BANIMPIRE, family of DETROIT, CARNEGIE, et al Lot 94 – colt Acclamation/Musical Bar – dam Listed placed half-sister to FINSCEAL BEO and FROZEN POWER Lot 97 – filly Invincoble Spirit/My Renee – half-sister to G2 winner, G1 placed, BANIMPIRE Lot 126 – colt War Chant/Princess Kris – full brother to G1 winner KINGSFORT Lot 134 – filly Montjeu/Race for the Stars – dam G3 winning half-sister to HAWK WING Lot 141 – filly Invincble Spirit/Rebelline – dam G1 winner; half-sister to G1 placed RECHARGE Lot 161 – colt Galileo/Saoire – dam G1 winner Lot 178 – colt Cape Cross/Skiphall – half-brother to G1 winner FOLK OPERA Lot 190 – filly Sea the Stars/Spirit of Tara – half-sister to ECHO OF LIGHT, IRISH HISTORY, etc Lot 200 – colt Pivotal/Sumora – half-brother to MAYBE; dam half-sister to DANCING RAIN Lot 212 – filly Sea the Stars/Treasure the Lady –dam winning half-sister to HIGH CHAPARRAL Lot 213 – filly Bahamian Bounty/Treasure Trove – half-brother to TOYLSOME Lot 218 – colt Holy Roman Emperor/Tyranny – half-brother to ZOFFANY Lot 219 – filly Sea the Stars/Uimhir A Haon – dam half-sister to MAIDS CAUSEWAY Lot 225 – colt Galileo/Velouette – dam half-sister to MOON BALLAD Lot 230 – colt New Approach/Vistaria – dam full-sister to OBSERVATORY Lot 235 – filly Mastercraftsman/Wyola – half-sister to APPROVE Lot 253 – colt Montjeu/Alleviate – dam winning half-sister to ALLEGRETTO, family of ALBORADA, QUARTER MOON, etc Lot 257 – colt Cape Cross/Altruiste – dam half-sister to URBAN SEA Lot 321 – colt Dalakhani/Chiang Mai – full-brother to CHINESE WHITE Lot 328 – filly New Approach/Classic Park – dam G1 winner Lot 331 – colt Duke of Marmalade/Coquette Rouge – half-brother JACQUELINE QUEST Lot 341 – filly High Chaparral/Dance for Fun – half-sister to G1 winner LUSH LASHES Lot 396 – colt Giant’s Causeway/Gossamer – half-brother to G1 winner BACHELOR DUKE there is a free online catalogue, for the whole sale here is the link http://www.goffs.com/catalogue.aspx?saleId=259&saletype=Yearling

Re: Horse Racing Glossary / Q&A well today was the last day of the sale but yesterday 180 horses went through the sale of which only 152 were sold Aggregate €13,553,500 [ total money spent @ the sale ] Average €89,167 Median €55,000 Highest Price €775,000 - [ Lot 12 - €775,000 to Peter & Ross Doyle - bought for a syndicate and will go to Jim Bolger ] DAY 2 [TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 100%]

[TR] [TD=align: right]Numbers Offered[/TD] [TD]354[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]Sold[/TD] [TD]301[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]Aggregate[/TD] [TD]€27,189,500[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]Average[/TD] [TD]€90,330[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]Median[/TD] [TD]€58,000[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]Highest Price[/TD] [TD]€800,000[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] the table above shows how many horses for the 2 days went through the sale highest price 800,00 [ lot 377 - 800,000 to form bloodstock