** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

HSP on pokertube

robilaruk

Re: HSP on pokertube The only prob with pokertube is you cant download from it. I'm still working my way throught Series 2. I've downloaded Series 1 & 2 with Bittorrent. If anyone was interested I could burn the .avi files on to DVD and post them off to anyone who wanted them. Could start a chain.

Re: HSP on pokertube KidPoker loosened up as the game went on, i can't help but feel that was just to retain some of his reputation and try to get an invite for next yrs show more than anything. Jamie Gold has been the best player by far, made some great plays for big money. Hellmuth has been a little loose at times but when he has it's been the right decision and has made a tonne from his 'reading abilities' in this series. Sammy Farha has made the series though, i don't know about his background but i can only assume he is minted to high buggery the way he chucks his money around with literally any 2 cards at any time. The guys a maniac and great entertainment. The 7-2 game the magician and Laak started really kicked the series off and was intriguing to watch. Can't wait for the $5million table in the next few episodes :eek.

Re: HSP on pokertube

new episode uploaded - it is the last of the small stakes games next week the buy-in is $1/2 million :ok Damo
I can never be bothered with these petty small stakes games, I mean really, what is $100,000 these days!!:loon Nade is right, the whole series is made by Sammy Farha. His approach to poker is fantastic, and he would be nigh on impossible to play against.

Re: HSP on pokertube interestingly i think it is Hellmuth who has shined this series. he has finally figured out how to play against the others and is playing really well, raising at the right time, folding at the right time, and aggressively playing good cards with good position. Until Mike Baxter blew up, he to was reading and playing the game well, just a couple of hands and he has lost his $200K! Jamie Gold - playing better, obviously learnt a lot fom Jonny Chan and playing cash games in LA Dan N - playing a different game to the last few series, has toned down his looser play to take advantage as he has seen how loose the others are (he is just not getting any cards) - Jen harman the same, she is playing tight and waiting. Damo

Re: HSP on pokertube Its nice to see Helmuth's trapping style finally paying dividends - although he's also been playing a LOT better in this series. Still wish he'd cut out the occasional enormous pre flop raises and the insistance on isurance. Also nice to see Jamie G proving a lot of his critics wrong. The lads got game! Interesting that two of the loosest players, Farha and Elezra are both down. (TBH, they're two of my favourite players.) I'll also admit to taking some pleasure in seeing the sanctimonious Negreanu being stuck a few quid :lol:cry:lol Would like to see Jen Harman up a few more quid, as I think she's a solid tight player. The two new boys are fairly dire, and far too timid to be involved at this level. :@ Roll on next week :nana

Re: HSP on pokertube just watched the latest episode and all in all was a bit dull imo cant believe doyle laid his flush down to jamie gold,benyamines 72 bluff against jamie (the bluffking :lol:lol) was pure class and as usual sammy lost a fair bit but still laid down a couple of hands down that some others may have called with :ok

Re: HSP on pokertube Yeh it was a bit dull but i'm pretty certain it's because the players are 'feeling eachother out' and will loosen up once they get into it. The circus bloke is catching a few cards and is minted so i reckon him and sammy will be going at it and Jamie G is playing a lot, really well. Barry G and Antonius just get on my tits TBH. May be great players but i want action!! ;)

the way patrik takes the beat is immense' date=' gold sorta proved what a classless oaf he really is during that hand, (bit of a noobish move also)[/quote'] Hard to comment without giving what happened away for anyone who hasn't seen it. ** spoiler** *** but yeh patrick took it well, some would say (not me of course ;)) like the boring sod he is. Jamie didn't do anything wrong for me, it was so bizarre in the end how it all played out they both won something, that you can't blame him for being a little bit happy. The great irony of the hand is if they had just run it once jamie would have won it all. The other twist of fate is if jamie had just flat called antonius' bet (though i think jamie put him on KJ so was never going to call) but the board would have paired and i doubt jamie would have been paid off in the same way. So many permutations in that hand really, but it's livened the series up totally.

Re: HSP on pokertube It's the best episode since they went to higher stakes and one of the best in the whole series. Now i see how a lot of people can be annoyed with Gold like in that first hand, he just went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. I also loved it when Sammy and Jamie were having their usual long drawn out squabble over who had the better hand and Doyle just butts in 'Look, Sammy's got queens now get on with it" :lol And he was spot on too :notworthy.

I also loved it when Sammy and Jamie were having their usual long drawn out squabble over who had the better hand and Doyle just butts in 'Look, Sammy's got queens now get on with it" :lol And he was spot on too :notworthy.
he is special is Doyle and I agree with Slap - I actually thought he walked off when he got up at one point all that for about 6 hands....... :lol Damo