Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13)

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13)

Very tempted to lay England @ 1.1 with Betfair to possibly turn that in to the potential of good profits when the odds go up in-play. I doubt England will score in the opening 20 minutes and that may well see odds creep up to 1.2 or so... providing the possibility of doubling original stakes. What does anyone else think?
i think that Romania - netherlands will go for under in this game. match is important and the game really will be slow and carefull. first game ended 0:0! another one under for me is Russia - england , despite 3:0 loss @ wembley can't see Russia scoring here at home, and can't see England crashing them, the game will be slow and are very important too

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Romania - Netherlands I will certainly put my all.. yes ALL money on this match. 70% of them will be on the Under2.5 and the rest 30% of them will be on the Draw. This result will be good for both sides, especially for the Netherlander and I won't say that I believe in something like a fixed match, but I have a very good feeling about this clash. If Romania don't win here, the match between Bulgaria and Romania in Sofia will be the decisive one. I am Bulgarian but I don't think we can win against Romanians and for tomorrow only one conclusion: FT Draw 6/10 Under2.5 9/10 and in the end my best pick; :cheers 10/10 you can bet on it ;)

I think Croatia are due a slip up soon as they have been too good so far. Israel X2 should be good value.
Value in X2? 1. Croatia never lost a qualifying match at home in history. 2. They've been good so far, don't you think there is a reason for that? 3. Izrael is missing 8 regular players, Croatia only 2 4. Croatia already won against Israel 4:3 away 5. The Israeli press published a statement from an anonimous player of Israel who sad that nobody in the team believes they have a chance in Croatia. 6. Youssi Benayoun said to the Croatian press that Croatia is a much better team than Israel. 7. Slaven Bilić is considered by many experts to be the most talented young manager in Europe. 8. Israel manager is a very bad one, he decided not to call on 4-5 players anymore because he was unsatisfied with their performance. Doing such a thing at the end of qualificatiions means only one thing, letting the blame for not qualifying go on players instead of himslef. 9. Croatia hasn't recived an inplay goal at home in these qualifications, only the one from a free kick against Macedonia. 10. Stadium is sold out and atmosphere in the home team is great. So here are the 10 reasons why you shouldn't take x2.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Sweden -2.25 @ 1.90 Sweden without Ibrahimovic, so this may look risky, but: Ibrahimovic haven't scored for Sweden for a long time, while probable replacement player Allbäck has a very good scoring record for Sweden, he scored twice at home vs this opponant when Zlatan also was missing. Sweden will have Elmander and Allbäck up front, two guys that can certainly do the job. The home result was a 3-1 win for Sweden, but that match was disturbed by internal problems, despite a poor performance Sweden still won with two goals. Now things are different, Sweden on their way to Euro 2008 and I think they have a very good chance at bettering their goal difference in this one.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) A true must-win game for Serbia who keep a destiny in their own hands and IMO one way or another they’ll take all three pts from this match!Just too big difference in class between the sides, so although Armenia can be a very tough nut to crack at times, based on first match I’ve watched between Serbia and Armenia I really can’t see any upset in this important moment for Serbia who smashed Armenia in Belgrade, being way too superior all over the pitch, with a number of sitters on the night(missed penalty as well)!

Three BEST defenders are out for Serbia: Dragutnovic, Krstajic and Vidic, so all defenders are from Serbia U21: Rukavina, Ivanovic and Dusko Tosic have all been a part of Serbian back four in Euro U21 in Holland this summer.Left full-back A.Kolarov from Lazio isn’t included after all!Last year, in Euro U21 in Portugal, goalkeeper Stojkovic, Ivanovic, Dusko Tosic, Bisevac, Stepanov were the ones who made a defensive line of Serbia U21!

In fact, the likes of Ivanovic, Rukavina, Dusko Tosic, Jankovic, Smiljanic, Krasic(got injured in the tournament), Zoran Tosic have all been a top players of Serbia U21 in European Championship U21 in Holland this summer and adding to them the likes of Stojkovic and Lazovic, the top Serbia U21 players from last year’s EuroU21 campaign and also 19-year-old Kuzmanovic, it’s easy to see that Serbia have got one of the youngest national teams around.Skipper Dejan Stankovic is the oldest player – 27 years old!

But, there should be no problems as all the guys have used to play under huge pressure!

Forward Jovanovic has withdrawn from the squad due to some injury!

Probable lineup:

Stojkovic(Sporting Lisbon) – Rukavina(Partizan), Ivanovic(Locomotiv Moscow), Stepanov(FC Porto), Tosic(Werder Bremen) – Krasic(CSKA Moscow), Kovacevic(RC Lens), Kuzmanovic(Fiorentina), Stankovic(Inter Milan) – Zigic(Valencia), Pantelic(Hertha BSC)

According to some sources, Serbia are expected to start with only one player up front – either Zigic(still struggling with an injury) or Pantelic supported by three very offensive midfielders – Krasic, Jankovic and Stankovic!However, the latest news say that Zigic and Pantelic will both start the match, while the likes of Jankovic and Lazovic are likely to take a part in the second half if something would be going wrong!

Serbia(1.52) to beat Armenia!

croatia take 1 serbia 2 bosnia 2 thats my bet anyone who put 1 on greece is wrong...bosnia is not litva or israel.
interesting comments... dont back the top of group and defending euro champs Greece at home to Bosnia?? If memory serves me correct Greece thumped Bosnia 0-4 in Bosnia earlier on in qualifying...

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Belgium-Finland Belgium is already out of EURO 2008 and this fact stands for some reason. They play on a very low level, beating only Serbia in Bruxelles of all of the decent teams in this group. Couple of injured players in Finland: Teemu Tainio, Jari Litmanen, Mikael Forssell and Jarkko Wiss. There are some important missings in Belgian national team: Mbo Mpenza, Maarten Martens, Olivier Renard and Thomas Vermaelen so Belgium will strugle, I think. Finland's defence is strong enough to keep a clean sheet in this match. 0:0 or 0:1 final result IMO. Under 2.5 is a very good choice too.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Wales Away results; Czech 2-1 Ireland 1-0 Slovakia 2-5 GF=6 GA=5 Cyprus Home Results; Ireland 5-2 Germany 1-1 Slovakia 1-3 San Marino 3-0 GF=10 GA=6 Wales is averaging 2 a game while Cyprus are managing 2.5 a game, think this game screams goals all over it with both shakey defences! Therefore OVER 2.5 @ 2.08 on Betfair looks VERY good value!

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Armenia – Serbia

Armenia made few surprises in their last two matches, winning against Poland and drawing with Portugal, both of these matches were played at their home Republican stadium. Still I rate this team very low and they won those matches mostly because their opponents underestimated them. Armenia has only the pride to play for and they will play without pressure and that is big plus for them. At home Armenia showed like hard nut to crack in these qualifications and with defending for whole match, they will, for sure, make troubles to the Serbian team.

Serbia is currently on 4th position but they have played one match less than first placed teams Finalnd and Poland and one point less than big favorite Portugal, which means that this match is crucial to them. Their coach said that he will start carefully with only one striker upfront, Zigic or Lazovic, with Stankovic behind that striker. They will try to score a goal with that formation and if they fail to do so, in the second half we will se another attacker in the line-up.

Manucharyan injured, Arzumanyan doubtful for Armenia, both are important team players, and Serbia will be without Vidic their best defender.

I believe that it won’t be easy match for Serbia at all, they had already some slip-ups so far against weaker teams and the pressure will be on their side. I think that Serbia has plenty of talented players who can decide the match with individual effort. The motivation should be their biggest advantage and I am on them today.

Pick: Away Win --> Odds: 1.48 @ 5Dimes --> Stake: 7u

---

Croatia – Israel

Croatia is playing one of the best football’s in these qualifications, if not the best. They are well organized in the defense, they have great midfield with good destructors and many creative players and their attack is pretty good. Now playing in Zagreb, where they have not felt the feel of defeat for more than 15 years in one qualification match, both for European or World championships and with win here they can qualify for Euro 2008.

Israel had good qualifications too, made few surprises, but they are nothing special, in my opinion. Forth place in this group is the maximum that they can get. They got draws with Russia away and England at home, but then those teams weren’t playing at their best.

Croatia has Niko Kovac, Petric and Balaban injured, but I think that they will not miss much, or maybe only Niko Kovac. For the other two, Petric is a started, but he can be easily replaced by Eduardo, Olic or even Rakitic, so these absences are not a big blow to the team. Israel will have troubles, especially in the defense, goalkeeper Awat and defenders Benado and Ziv will not play, so as Colautti, Saban, Katan, Badir and Tal.

I think that Croatia is much stronger than their opponent, even if Israel is playing with full squad. Croatia managed to beat them in Israel with 3:4 and now in front of sold out stadium with fanatic fans who are expecting their team to win to secure the place in European championship, against team who needs to attack in order to keep its chances for qualification, home win is very likely outcome.

Pick: Home Win --> Odds: 1.40 @ Several Bookies --> Stake: 7u

Can't seem to find this bet' date=' could you link it to me please? Looks a good bet, can't see England conceding or going goal crazy, 2-0 prob[/quote'] Dee, my local corals manager has his own prices on these type of bets, if your that keen, hes told me before if I want to place it at anywhere to ask any other corals shop to phone his shop and he will clarify the prices, my g/f stays 20 miles from me and have done it in the past at the corals beside her. His name is paul and its the Greenock central shop. :ok

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Dee, noticed you bet on Faroes +3 @ 5/4 he is offering Faroes +4 @ evns which i was very tempted to hammer. Goal difference goes for nothing anymore, head to head is the main differenciating factor in which the French obviously will have - 0-1 or 0-10 has no bearing on the French in this section, mid-october in the North Atlantic on the worst football pitches you will get anywhere - 0-2 or 0-3 France at best IMO

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) I will be on Scotland at about 6/5 to beat Ukraine this afternnon. After the great win in France the Scot`s know a win today and then the same in Georgia will almost certainly ensure qualification before the final match at home to Italy. The Ukraine have been poor in qualifying and in the game in Kiev against Italy feel to pieces after the Italians got the second goal, Shevchenko has had a nightmare at Chelsea and with his confidence down i feel it will have a big effect on the Ukraine squad. I do not completely write off the Ukraine as with players like Voronin and Vorobei they have some class acts but the Scot`s have not lost at home in over 18 months and will surely be up for this game.

Value in X2? 1. Croatia never lost a qualifying match at home in history. 2. They've been good so far, don't you think there is a reason for that? 3. Izrael is missing 8 regular players, Croatia only 2 4. Croatia already won against Israel 4:3 away 5. The Israeli press published a statement from an anonimous player of Israel who sad that nobody in the team believes they have a chance in Croatia. 6. Youssi Benayoun said to the Croatian press that Croatia is a much better team than Israel. 7. Slaven Bilić is considered by many experts to be the most talented young manager in Europe. 8. Israel manager is a very bad one, he decided not to call on 4-5 players anymore because he was unsatisfied with their performance. Doing such a thing at the end of qualificatiions means only one thing, letting the blame for not qualifying go on players instead of himslef. 9. Croatia hasn't recived an inplay goal at home in these qualifications, only the one from a free kick against Macedonia. 10. Stadium is sold out and atmosphere in the home team is great. So here are the 10 reasons why you shouldn't take x2.
Totally agree with you :clap Great combo material is croatia-israel 1 @1.41 betfair since israel team is today without many injured players. This means they will play with mixed team that never before played together and even israel coach said he don't expect any points today. Also nice historical info is that croatia is stil undefeated at home ground and with today's win they secure place at euro 2008. Ladbrokes for instace has croatia @1.28 and betfair @1.41 For me value everything above 1.3 on croatia win. :drums

Wales is averaging 2 a game while Cyprus are managing 2.5 a game, think this game screams goals all over it with both shakey defences! Therefore OVER 2.5 @ 2.08 on Betfair looks VERY good value!
the max matched price on over 2.5 in that game was @1.92, and it was 2 Euros only, so you must have confused it with some other price or a different game.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) They're going to be far from easy games, but I like the prices of Wales and Germany to win - I've gone for the double there. I'm also on Owen to score at any time (1.87 on Betfair). I think England are going to destroy Estonia today, and I'll be very surprised if Owen isn't on the scoresheet. I'm not touching the Scotland vs Ukraine match - as a Scot, I'm shitting myself enough as it is!

Dee, noticed you bet on Faroes +3 @ 5/4 he is offering Faroes +4 @ evns which i was very tempted to hammer. Goal difference goes for nothing anymore, head to head is the main differenciating factor in which the French obviously will have - 0-1 or 0-10 has no bearing on the French in this section, mid-october in the North Atlantic on the worst football pitches you will get anywhere - 0-2 or 0-3 France at best IMO
Wish i lived beside you! In ireland Eastwoods run the monopoly and have crap prices on everything compared to the internet :$ Think the +4 is a VERY good bet, past results for the Faroes at home; Scotland 0-2 Italy 1-2 Ukraine 0-2 Lithuaina 0-1

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) England is very superior for this match, has also an important match next wednesday (Russia-England) and i think that England is must better and it goes to want to decide the match more fast possible. My Prediction: First Half: Over 1.5 Goals @2.14 Betfair ;) ;) ;)

Probable lineup:

Stojkovic(Sporting Lisbon) – Rukavina(Partizan), Ivanovic(Locomotiv Moscow), Stepanov(FC Porto), Tosic(Werder Bremen) – Krasic(CSKA Moscow), Kovacevic(RC Lens), Kuzmanovic(Fiorentina), Stankovic(Inter Milan) – Zigic(Valencia), Pantelic(Hertha BSC)

According to some sources, Serbia are expected to start with only one player up front – either Zigic(still struggling with an injury) or Pantelic supported by three very offensive midfielders – Krasic, Jankovic and Stankovic!However, the latest news say that Zigic and Pantelic will both start the match, while the likes of Jankovic and Lazovic are likely to take a part in the second half if something would be going wrong!

Serbia(1.52) to beat Armenia!
Well, I've got the right info yesterday! B92 just put the official confirmation: http://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2007&mm=10&dd=13&nav_id=267682 Serbia definitely with two players up front; Pantelic instead of Jankovic! Any other outcome except an away win means the end of Euro2008 dream for Serbia(not defenitely, but genereally speaking they will be 80-90% out of this race if they fail to beat Armenia!)

England is very superior for this match, has also an important match next wednesday (Russia-England) and i think that England is must better and it goes to want to decide the match more fast possible. My Prediction: First Half: Over 1.5 Goals @2.14 Betfair ;) ;) ;)
Excellent odds!! I wanted to try the same but right now it's only available @ 1.88! :( So some of the value is lost. I think you're right and half wish too that there was a bet for which half saw most goals. I'm sure there will be more in the first than the second as that's usually England's style. Get a nice winning position before dropping away.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Internationals have been paying me well so far,so I'll take some heart and come with 4 picks for today. Hungary - Malta 17:20 CET I've been waiting to see this handicap displayed and have finally got what I was looking for.The first thing that should be said is that Malta are far from being that poor/amateurish team from the past.The recent events have clearly proved that they can be a nut hard to crack all of a suddon,and the draw they got against Turkey is just the perfect example.Can't say they totally deserved to tie the match,but I can strongly state they weren't so poor,and have actually had their chances.You can say that it was just a home match and they're a lot weaker on the road and I'm gonna prove you the contrary by coming with such examples as Moldova-Malta 1-1 or Bosnia-Malta 1-0.Even a great home team like Turkey are,couldn't score more than two against a crowded Malta defence. Ok they look queer enough with their way of treating games,especially on the road,but that's exactly the best way to break a shaky hungarian defence on counterattack having Coventry striker Mifsud up front.Don't have any idea how on Earth they got this handicap,which looks huge in my view,but I know they're going to have problems today if they play in the same manner,which will probably happen again as no sign of improvement has been noticed so far. Pick Malta(+2)(AH) at 1.85 with Canbet,stake 8 Romania - Netherlands 19:15 CET And this should be a heal of a bet.Regardless all condolences I have to rate Romania as the most in form team in this group.Although the Romania-Bulgaria clash has been the only real test so far,this statement has to be right and the best prove is that romanians have been winning quite easily their games,home and away.Holland on the other hand,are on the right way statisticaly speaking,but they've been taking advantage of the lack factor a bit to much recently,so I think this should hit them one day. Although they dominated in Albania,the home side were dangerous enough and with a bit more composure could have scored.Nistelrooy was the man once again scoring a late winning goal,but the missing of Snejder,Van Persie and Van der Saar for today might have a negative impact towards this match as Romania have good players themselves,who're three steps above Albania. Another basic factor that makes Romania pk a decent bet is their previous match in Holland where the dutch side have had a wiping catering,in fact that was the moment when I've started to reconsider Romania's potential.I did like what I saw,and I have an inkling regarding dutch's superiority therefore. Pick Romania(0)(AH)at 2.20 with 5dimes,stake 8 Denmark - Spain 20:00 CET Although the danish side have suffered a technical 3-0 defeat against Sweden,they're still in the race with 5 points less than their opponents from today-Spain-but with a match less,so in this conditions only a win can give them further hopes. From a reason or another Spain are being viewed as the better side while I can't agree a bit.Do they have more football traditions?Yes they do.Do they have better rated players?Yes they do.But do they play according to their supposed class?I doubt. Spain have only won 2 out of 5 away matches,and that was against much worse teams,in the likes of Liechenstain and Latvia,it's a fact that speaks about their problems when they travel.Even a side like Iceland who're generally poor were able to pull out a point against this spanish side who should be weakened today by the absence of Villa and Torres(both key players up front),and despite the red card they got against islanders,they should have done more really. Denmark on the other hand will have a full squad available,and more importantly,is that they've been showing good football of late.Adding the aggrandized motivation ahead of this clash,I see them totally able to beat Spain today. Pick Denmark(0)(AH) at 2.10 with BetDirect,stake 8 Moldova - Turkey 20:00 CET The reason of this strange handicap in my view is at the outset of the head to head history of late between the two sides as turks have managed to thrash Moldova not a very long time ago.It's happened on a supposed neutral ground in Germany where Turkey got a delightful 5-0 win.On the other hand there's as well the motivational factor being wrongly perceived by the public at large.They think that Turkey must win,so they'll win while Moldova will be playing for nothing so they'll give it up easy enough.Not true at all. No matter the circumstances,moldavians players have always been giving their best,especially when we're talking about a home match.We can't even think about lack of motivation.Ok but turks got much more quality haven't they?Well probably.Norway were the better rated team too on 8th of October,and we all know the final result,has been a slimpsy 0-1 in the end.To be noticed that the scandinavians looked more than happy at 1-0 lead,so from the moment they took the lead they haven't done anything special,getting the three points just on the line I'd say.If I remember well they've been offered +1.25 in that match,now we can get +1.5 for God's sake,what have turks so special to deserve it?Meanhile hosts have shown a much improved football getting a shocking win in Bosnia(0-1),and had lost too unlucky due to a late goal against Greece before. Of course that I can't guarantee you now a certain winner you know,but I'm very sure there's a very good chance for Moldova to cover the spread. Pick Moldova(+1.5)(AH) at 1.83 with Pinnacle,stake 8 PS:Previews posted early in the morning,thus odds could have changed meawhile.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 13) Hi Teddie, I follow your previews from Asian Handicap.com and I must say I'm well impressed, especially with your knowledge of International football. I won't be having a bet today, but I will be having a large bet on Wednesday evening, and I'll be looking for an odds against bet. At the moment I'm thinking about Norway to beat Bosnia in Sarajevo. I've done a good bit of research into the game, but I would be interested to hear what you think of Norway's chances... Cheers! Col

England is very superior for this match, has also an important match next wednesday (Russia-England) and i think that England is must better and it goes to want to decide the match more fast possible. My Prediction: First Half: Over 1.5 Goals @2.14 Betfair
3-0 :nana :nana :nana

Hi Teddie, At the moment I'm thinking about Norway to beat Bosnia in Sarajevo. I've done a good bit of research into the game, but I would be interested to hear what you think of Norway's chances... Cheers! Col
all I can say Bosina is going to do everything to help Turkey...this is going to be draw at least....In Bosnia home team fans ''BHFanaticos'' are going to do everything against Nacional Football Federation