Where's My Euro Key?

avongirl

Re: Where's My Euro Key? What about "ALTGR" + E? If not try a few of the other options :unsure COUNTRY KEYBOARD KEYBOARD CODE EURO KEY SEQUENCE ------- -------- ------------- ----------------- Belgium Belgian BE ALTGR+E Canada (French) Canadian French CF / CA ALTGR+E Denmark Danish DK ALTGR+5 Finland Finnish SU (FI) ALTGR+5 France French (189) FR ALTGR+E France French (120) FR ALTGR+E Germany German (129) GR (DE) ALTGR+E Germany German (453) GR (DE453) ALTGR+E Iceland Icelandic IC (IS) ALTGR+5 Iceland Icelandic (458) (IS458) ALTGR+5 International English US English UX ALTGR+5 (DOS) International English US English UX ALTGR+E (OS/2) Italy Italian (141) IT ALTGR+5 Italy Italian (142) IT (IT142) ALTGR+5 Latin America Latin American LA ALTGR+E Netherlands Dutch NL ALTGR+E Norway Norwegian NO ALTGR+5 Portugal Portuguese PO ALTGR+5 Spain Spanish SP (ES) ALTGR+5 Sweden Swedish SV ALTGR+5 Switzerland Swiss (French) SF ALTGR+E Switzerland Swiss (German) SG (SD) ALTGR+E Turkey Turkish (179) TR (TR179) ALTGR+E Turkey Turkish (440) TR (TR440) ALTGR+E United Kingdom UK English UK ALTGR+4 United Kingdom UK English (168) (UK168) ALTGR+E

Re: Where's My Euro Key? Cheers for all the replies. Not sussed it out fully yet but have had a look at Hodgey's suggestion and the chart there tells me that the key equivalent is Alt + 0128, which is what george said. :ok If only I knew what key 0128 was. :\

Re: Where's My Euro Key?

I'm sure my suggestion will work. Nobody listens to me. :sad:sad:sad ;)
Sorry mate. :spank € :clap I knew your way would work, (and actually it works even better with right click mouse copy and paste), and I will certainly do it that way if I need a € before I work out which key works. :ok It just didn't seem to be a workable permanent solution as I'd have to keep looking for a post with a € in it to copy from every time I need one! € € € € € :loon

:@anything simple witout ctrl or alt as the parrot has removed all of mine:@ might have to buy a new keyboard but trying to avoid that
the parrot? I think this needs a more in depth post! :lol is it a pyrate's parrot? beacuse that would explain the thieveing? (easy to tell; it will have an eye patch, a hook for a wing and a wooden stump instead of one of its claws) :lol Damo

Re: Where's My Euro Key? can't we get a mod to make a sticky with just one post and have the € in about 12 different point sizes, so we could pick and choose which one we wanted? that would be decent customer service:ok :rollin Damo

Sorry mate. :spank € :clap I knew your way would work, (and actually it works even better with right click mouse copy and paste), and I will certainly do it that way if I need a € before I work out which key works. :ok It just didn't seem to be a workable permanent solution as I'd have to keep looking for a post with a € in it to copy from every time I need one! € € € € € :loon

can't we get a mod to make a sticky with just one post and have the € in about 12 different point sizes, so we could pick and choose which one we wanted? that would be decent customer service:ok :rollin Damo
Hawk-Eye's found it. ;) PuntersLounge Bloggers € :ok

Re: Where's My Euro Key? Not sure about this, but are your regional settings (in control panel) set to English UK? If they're English US it might make a difference (or maybe not) Failing that, you could put =char(128) into an excel cell and copy it. We'll try to compile a full list of how many ways we can do this ... but you can't :lol (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Not sure about this' date=' but are your regional settings (in control panel) set to English UK? [/quote'] They are :ok Good try though, thanks. :lol Ah well, I hope this thread has helped a few others find their € key even if mine is still missing. If I need it, I'm using ColU's method. :D

Re: Where's My Euro Key? Nope - this isn't good enough. When has PL ever quit on anything? What Operating system are you using? XP? what model of computer? Is it PC or laptop (or apple)? What browser are you using? (just incase) (If you are using a laptop, the function key may be needed for some solutions alresdy suggested) In control panel, goto keyboard - hardware. Is it 101 key you have? Depending on how much you'll use it, you may also consider getting a program to remap a key on your keyboard, but that may be going a bit far - even for me :)

Re: Where's My Euro Key? I have a breakthrough. :cow Have tried Alt 0128 within a Word and an Excel document and I get € :nana Have tried Ctrl Alt 4 within a Word and an Excel document and I get € :nana:nana Have tried Alt Gr 4 within a Word and an Excel document and I get € :nana:nana:nana Ctrl E doesn't work :spank So at least I have a shortcut for on my spreadsheet, will just have to copy/paste if I need to post. :ok I'm so happy, as I was a bit frightened by george's post. :lol Right, that's sorted out the PC, now I need to look at the laptop. :tongue2