France-Russia

Guest crowie1969

Guest crowie1969

I tend not to moan about refereeing decisions, last minute goals etc as I do think these things even themselves out over the course of a season but.... the decision by that t*t of a linesman in the France-Russia game last night was an absolute shocker!! The fact that it cost me my biggest win of the season does not help my mood right now either!

Re: France-Russia Crowie, dont tell me France had a Last minute goal disallowed! No!!!! If so then yea, that could have been my biggest win of the week! Seriously though I did have quite a lot on Nigeria, Englan and France and when I saw the result I got peed off. The woman didn't help, amidst my complaining, by saying 'you never seem to win!' One day soon, one day...

Guest crowie1969

Komp Sorry, not last minute, 39th minute. I was trying to explain that I tend not to let things which normally bust your coupon like bad decisions, missed pens, last minute goals bother me. Apart from this one! Short corner from Djorkaeff to Petit on the corner of the box. Petit curls a shot in, over the keeper, hits the post, bounces out to Anelka 3 yards out, hits off Anelka, into the net. The linesman (he was English as well!!) gives offside against Anelka! Now when the ball hits him he only has keeper between him and goal, but when Petit hits the shot he is a good (and this isn't exaggeration) 2 yards onside with a least 2 defenders between him and the goal. I still can't believe it was disallowed, it really was a shocker, probably one of the worst decisions I have seen in years. He wasn't even close to being offside when the shot was hit, just looked bad as he followed the shot in and the defence pushed out. Was big on France-Spain-England-Denmark and also had a tasty France ht/ft Spain -1 (on Bet365 at 6-5!!) double. Gutted still.

Guest crowie1969

The "woman" ps Know exactly what you mean, they don't seem to understand the science of betting and when you have a gutting result comments like "You never seem to win" do make your blood boil!! I tend to let her stay in the "You never seem to win" mode as I find that as soon as you do win (big) then they seem to think they are entitled to half of it for some reason!! Thats been my tactic ever since Euro 2000 when I had a large wedge on France to win it and got very excited indeed when Wiltord scored in injury time and had to explain my excitement. That cost me a bloody necklace!! She also fails to see the logic that if I give her half of my winnings then she should surely supplement half of my losses (a lot more than a bloody necklace I can tell you!).

Guest peanut

Re: Shocker It's still swings and roundabouts though. Just as happens to every football team, they balance out in the end. My biggest win remains one of my first in Euro 2000. Had a treble on France Italy and Holland in the first set of games only to see Holland (against Czech Rep.) letting me down until that dodgy penalty right at the end. I went f**king mental when he gave it, my mates wondered what was wrong with me! Still it doesn't please me to find out that I was robbed last night though.

Guest Big Ron

Re: Shocker I was flicking through the channels in one of my Marbela retreats, and caught some of the France-Russia game. I tell you what, I've seen a lot of bad decisions in my time, but that might just be the worst decision in International football ever. The linesman was definately not in the Wide Awake Club.

Guest Alan Hansen

Re: Shocker This information has cheered me right up. Again gives me reason to bet only singles and NOT at all on friendlies. But will I learn?

Guest Da Hannanah

0-0 Well, this'll cheer you up some more, then... I was convinced there would be a lot of 0-0 draws in wednesdays friendlies as well as some scoring draws, so I drafted up a short list of 11 games, which were likely to be draws - preferably 0-0 My short list was: Norway-Sweden Italy-Uruguay Slovenia-Tunesia Croatia-Bosnia Austria-Cameroon England-Paraguay Luembourg-Liechtenstein Germany-Argentina Greece-Czech R. Portugal-Brasil AND France-Russia Based on previous results, injuries aso. I managed to squeeze these games down to 5 0-0's and 5 draws, which I played boxed 2, 3 and 4 of 5 and 3, 4 and 5 of 5 respectively. Now, the astute observer will of course have spotted that from my short list, 4 games finished 0-0 and all of 7 ended up draws. So did I win anything? HELL NO!!!! The France-Russia game was the first one i slahed from my short list, cause I couldn't see them not scoring against the ruskies. I managed to find NONE of the 0-0's in the haystack and just 2 of the 7 draws. Mathematically, I really should have made a bundle...