Russia v Ireland

Guest paulybhoy

Guest paulybhoy

An analysis on this match is a little difficult, as the Russians have quite a few younger members now in the squad; Regardless, the bottom line for me is they could not beat a Sweden squad when they were trying to impress after a poor world cup showing. And they are going to be palying an Irish side that is not going to give up and propably has the best team spirit in the world right now courtesy of Roy. Ireland is at full strength, and with Keane and Duff as a front line they can score and the Russians have never been big scorers at home, so Ireland on the handicap looks the best of a weekend bet with some value. @ 1.60 and roughly the same if you split x/2 generally its not a eye opening price , but still value for a team that has lost only 3 in the last 25. 20 units

Guest paulybhoy

to score first @ paddy power I have closed the site now but also Ireland to score first was something like 7/4, they usually do in qualifiers as they dont give the respect that they do in a ffinal comp. 5 units

Guest pradoxy

Re: Russia v Ireland bad luck looked ominous when they scored early on (and that beschtanyk only player i know was playing) it looked like a X was too much. :(

Guest paulybhoy

been watching the match Ireland gifted the Russians 2 goals, and they have had at least as much of the play and more shots on target. All the problems on the right side defence. Looks like Staunton is going to be missed big time. Russia are also shite in defence , so dont go on this result for them on their next match.

Guest paulybhoy

Matt Yes and No, Russia are no great shakes by any standards. But I tell you beware of backing Ireland now against anyone they were truely woefull at the back, no organisation and I dont think it is going to be cured quickly. Be warned, unlike the team of the past 15 years this is an Ireland now that will leak goals, which before was always their strength that they did not, even if they did not score many. It is going to be a interesting set of qualifiers. On the plus side 'Phil Babb returned for the last 15 mins to score a goal' Unfortunately it was past Shay Given!!

Re: Matt That was unlucky against Russia, but I'd be very suprised if Ireland loose again in the qualifers. The two problems are 1). Duff getting injured in the first half - many Irish (definitely including me) reckon Duff was our best player in the world cup (and coz I support Blackburn) 2). The right side of defence will continue to look dodgy until Steven Carr comes back into the side (hopefully in time for Switzerland) so hopefully for not too long. Paulybhoy am I right in thinking that it's Babb's first ever goal? We (Ireland) could do without him until he gets a few more games with Sunderland.