AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th)

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) ...and let's be honest... Who would bet on a sport (or even take it seriously!) when Collingwood are -4.5 favs in Perth v. the Eagles in a final? :wall Quite mad. (Unfortunately, probably quite correst tho :cry) Now, haven't really looked at any numbers yet, but surprised to see the Kangas as such big 'dogs...

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th)

WEST COAST v COLLINGWOOD Friday, 6.45pm WST, Subiaco Oval

WEST COAST B: Brett Jones, Darren Glass, David Wirrpanda HB: Beau Waters, Adam Hunter, Tyson Stenglein C: Michael Braun, Adam Selwood, Andrew Embley HF: Daniel Chick, Ashley Hansen, Mark Nicoski F: Mark LeCras, Quinten Lynch, Mark Seaby FOLL: Dean Cox, Chad Fletcher, Shannon Hurn I/C: Rowan Jones, Matt Priddis, Matt Rosa, Brent Staker EMG: Chad Jones, Jamie McNamara, Mitch Morton In:Hansen, Fletcher Out: Ben Cousins (hamstring), Chris Judd (groin) COLLINGWOOD B: James Clement, Shane Wakelin, Tarkyn Lockyer HB: Heath Shaw, Harry O’Brien, Tyson Goldsack C: Martin Clarke, Scott Burns, Nathan Buckley HF: Nick Maxwell, Anthony Rocca, Scott Pendlebury F: Dale Thomas, Travis Cloke, Sean Rusling FOLL: Guy Richards, Shane O’Bree, Leon Davis I/C: Dane Swan, Josh Fraser, Alan Didak, Paul Medhurst EMG: Paul Licuria, Rhyce Shaw, Chris Bryan No change KANGAROOS v HAWTHORN Saturday, 7.30pm AEST, MCG KANGAROOS B: Daniel Pratt, Michael Firrito, Josh Gibson HB: Jesse Smith, Shannon Watt, Ed Lower C: Brent Harvey, Adam Simpson, Brady Rawlings HF: David Hale, Drew Petrie, Aaron Edwards F: Glenn Archer, Shannon Grant, Scott McMahon R: Hamish McIntosh, Daniel Harris, Daniel Wells I/C: Lachlan Hansen, Jess Sinclair, Andrew Swallow, Eddie Sansbury EMG: Matt Campbell, Leigh Brown, Leigh Harding In: Lachlan Hansen, Ed Lower Out: Corey Jones (foot), Leigh Brown HAWTHORN B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Campbell Brown HB: Grant Birchall, Trent Croad, Rick Ladson C: Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Richie Vandenberg HF: Chance Bateman, Tim Boyle, Ben Dixon F: Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Luke Hodge FOLL: Robert Campbell, Brad Sewell, Shane Crawford I/C: Michael Osborne, Joel Smith, Simon Taylor, Clinton Young EMG: Travis Tuck, Ben McGlynn, Tom Murphy No change

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Kangaroos are over IMV. How viable a bet hangs on the injury status at both clubs, I believe. Brown, Bateman, Hodge at Hawthorn. Jones, Harris, Firrito at North. Bateman is perhaps suspect while Jones non selection is no surprise. I suspect Harris will be OK while Firrito may take in a heel injury. Kangas were pathetic last week - to see Wells get it and just freeze, etc, etc. I'd expect plenty of heart this week. Should be a great game. Franklin has a shocking kicking style, not at all conjusive to consistancy. 1.8 from him this week is not unrealistic? It's gunna be great if Collingwood win, then we all get to see them totally flogged next week. :nana

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Looks to be some rain and wind due for Perth, although they're suggesting clearing by evening.

Friday Wind Rain Humid Temp
Morning 2.gif Mostly Sunny. Cool. Breezy. 25 km/h NW - 77% 13
Afternoon 33.gif Scattered Showers. Mostly Cloudy. Cool. Windy. 41 km/h WSW 7mm (55%) 79% 15
Evening 13.gif Clear. Cool. 23 km/h SW - 64% 12
Overnight 14.gif Passing Clouds. Cool. 13 km/h W - 68% 10
I've got this about evens.

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) West Coast v Collingwood at Subiaco

Last time they met (Round 2): West Coast 12.15.87 def. Collingwood 11.9.75 at Subiaco. Team changes since last time they met – West Coast - In: Cox, Hansen, Le Cras, Nicoski. Out: Brown, Graham, Judd, Kerr. Collingwood - In: Buckley, Clarke, Didak, Goldsack, Rusling. Out: Johnson, Licuria, Nicholls, Prestigiacomo, R.Shaw. At Subiaco this season: West Coast 9-3, Collingwood 0-1. Finals record this decade: West Coast 5-6, Collingwood 5-3.

Both teams performed tremendously last week and deserves to be an even money game. I don’t think the Eagles will miss Cousins and Judd as much as people think. Cousins was closed down totally by Kane Cornes and Judd was a handicap for them. The Pies are expected to win the midfield battle, but it will be the Eagles defence that wins them the match. Glass, Hunter and B.Jones should be able to contain the Pies key forwards with their smaller defenders providing the rebound to assist the midfield. The return of Hansen is a huge bonus for the Eagles and he will need to play the game of his life to get the Eagles home, but he has a great first-up record. It will be interesting to see how the Eagles high-risk possession game through the corridor stands up against the pressure of the Pies, because if that fails their chance of winning is minimized. Dean Cox was magnificent last week against Lade and Brogan and facing Fraser and Richards this week shouldn’t daunt him. The home crowd will play their role and get the Eagles over the line in a close one. Weather conditions are damp and late changes to both teams are on the cards. Score Predictor: West Coast 88-84 Collingwood. My Tip: West Coast by 19 points. Bet: West Coast (Margin 1-39)

Kangaroos v Hawthorn at the MCG

Last time they met (Round 17): Kangaroos 16.12.108 def. Hawthorn 10.11.71 at Launceston. Team changes since the last time they met – Kangaroos – In: Gibson, Hansen, Lower, Wells. Out: Brown, Green, C.Jones, Whyman. Hawthorn – In: Boyle, Franklin, Mitchell, Osborne. Out: Dowler, McGlynn, Murphy, Tuck. At MCG this season: Kangaroos 2-2, Hawthorn 6-2. Finals record this decade: Kangaroos 1-5, Hawthorn 4-2.

The Kangaroos will rebound from their defeat last week, but will it be enough to win. They were blown off the park by a great team last week, but they appear to be struggling to put that performance behind them. It’s hard to know how much damage it has done mentally, but listening to interviews by coaches and players this week, they still look traumatized by that loss. The Hawks had a similar defeat to the Swans a fortnight ago, but the result was forgotten within 24 hours and the excitement of playing finals took over. In that game against the Swans, the Hawks fought that game out in the second half and played some decent footy, whilst the Roos last week were completely overwhelmed and had no response to the Cats. The Kangaroos must start well against the worst starters in the comp. Their confidence will return quickly if they can jump the Hawks. The midfield battle will be intriguing with both teams only employing the one tag and it should be a free flowing game. The attacks of both teams have the edge on the respective defences so we should see some decent scoring. Franklin will get close attention, but every other key forward the Hawks have, has kicked a bag of at least 5 goals at some stage this season. The Kangaroos have the ascendancy in the ruck and have beaten Campbell and Taylor twice this year all ready. The Hawks are on a high after their last minute win over the Crows and I’m sure they feel a little fortunate to be still in the race, but they will continue to ride their luck, take everything that the Roos can throw at them and advance to week three.

Score Predictor: Kangaroos 97-104 Hawthorn. My Tip: Hawthorn by 16 points. Good luck everyone.

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Still no Collingwood in here. May have to drop over to A-League to mention how funny next week is going to be. Tempo to keep their four goal lead into 3/4-time :eek. Not sure my point is understood on this one?

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Had a $10.00 multi bet last night with TAB, had Wellington in the A league+South Africa -19.5 + West Coast +6.5/under 175.5. Thought i had collect until i logged on and my account hadn't been updated then to my horror found out that TAB paid out on result after extra time not normal time! Think this is crook considering my bet was for line/under-over, phoned TAB to have a cry but all they said was they never had a market for draw in normal time so all their markets was framed to include extra time. Might be talking through my pocket (cost me $320) but pissed off to the max.

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Nothing worse!! Betting a lot on US sports, it happens enough times to be painful!...esp. in NBA. It's just a wonderful feeling seeing a perfectly good 'under' go down in double OT...or as in this case the 'dog go down after effectively winning the bet when the final siren sounds. The problem is then (as in this case) that the game isn't actually over...there is no such result as a 'tie'. You can't call a result if there isn't one! Sucks I know, but them's the breaks. ...I'm sure (in fact I know!) that for every person who lost on the Eagles, there's someone just as happy that the 'Pies finally won and covered. :(

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Stunning news, despite it was the talk. There goes the Blues #1 pick they've (not) played for. Thery'll trade him for Judd who possibly has played his last game due to debilitating injury. Told you karma will get them. Could be coincidence the #3 guernsey has just retired at Melbourne.

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Biggest mover is- Pick 3 + Kennedy from Carlton. As a West Coast supporter I'd be hoping for pick 20 to be thrown in that. But realistically you never get values worth. It really all comes down to where Judd wants to be though. Edit: With melbourne, essendon, and possibly collingwood expressing interest looks like Carlton might be having to up their bid. I imagine all 3 of those could beat pick 3, 20 and kennedy. Will be an interesting trade week.

Re: AFL Football - Finals Week 2 (September 14th & 15th) Bookies have a new market up. Where will Judd end up? Carlton 1.30 Melbourne 8.00 Richmond 8.00 Essendon 10.00 Collingwood 14.00 All good odds except Carlton. Money to be made if you honestly dont see him going there. Melbourne could be a player. Edit: Wow! Collingwood right into 3.50! Essendon in to 7.50 and Richmond and Melbourne move out slightly. I honestly don't see Collingwood getting him at all though, maybe new developments I haven't heard about.