** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Scotland a bargain????

Guest toshibakid

Guest toshibakid

Right we all like to bet against them,but surely you have to go with them to beat the faroe islands @ 4/6.If they cant win this,it would be a disgrace!! No offence komp/MC or any other fans of scotland ? :) Any opinons on ya national teams chances lads ?

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Scotland a bargain???? No offence taken Tosh. ;) but I would not back them at that price with your money. (if you have any left after the visit to Anfield) ;) They failed to win the last time with a stronger team than they have now As I can't see them losing I will be having a rare correct score bet, 0-0, 0-1 and 0-2.

Guest mike2283

Re: Scotland a bargain???? i agree with you tosh - failure to win this game would be a dissaster especially for berti vogts. it is hard to judge scotland on their first five games under vogts because of the high standard of the oppostion (France, Nigeria, South Africa, South Korea & Denmark). whilst a few of those teams aren't world beaters they are still soooo much better than the faroes. scotland need nothing less than three points before going into the potentially cruical away game in iceland.

Guest paulinho

Re: Scotland a bargain???? at the moment, nothing would surprise me from the scots, they seem intent on becoming the worst team in world football as quickly as possible

Guest Parahandy

Re: Scotland a bargain???? A bargain. . .you must be joking Tosh. I wouldn't back them at 6/4 never mind 4/6 (and I'm a Scot too). We don't have a settled team and morale must be at rock bottom. Odds against is right when he says we could only draw there a few years ago with a better (that wouldn't be hard) team than will take the field this time. I do however think Bertie Boy is doing the right thing and things might improve. . .but. . .it won't be in this competition IMO.

Re: Scotland a bargain???? Don't underestimate The Faroes, a much improved side to the days they ranked alongside San Marino. ;) Here are some qualifying results that back it up from 98 onwards. Faroe_Islands - Czech_Rep. 0 - 1 Lithuania - Faroe_Islands 0 - 0 Scotland - Faroe_Islands 2 - 1 Faroe_Islands - Scotland 1 - 1 :eek Faroe_Islands - Bosnia-Herz. 2 - 2 Faroe_Islands - Lithuania 0 - 1 Czech_Rep. - Faroe_Islands 2 - 0 Faroe_Islands - Slovenia 2 - 2 Luxembourg - Faroe_Islands 0 - 2 Russia - Faroe_Islands 1 - 0 Faroe_Islands - Switzerland 0 - 1 Faroe_Islands - Luxembourg 1 - 0 Just a few selected results.:)

Guest backhander

Re: Scotland a bargain???? Scotland are the worst home nation at present, behind Northern Ireland and my beloved Wales. The RFO seems to be big on an upset here, although I am not so sure and will leave the game alone. I advised a Boro win or draw last night on the strength of their unbeaten record and decent form against United - what happened? United won it with a dubious penalty and I wouldn't be surprised if the Scots scraped a victory. Every losing run comes to an end sooner or later.

Guest MC Roller

Re: Scotland a bargain???? Here is a match report from our previous visit to the Faroes, when we were humiliated.... www.scottishfa.co.uk/fixtures/euro2000/faroe2.htm Just been reading a few quotes from Bertie in the Daily Record, what a negative bastard. Already complaining about the pitch and he hasn't even seen the pitch yet. He was also saying that was our strongest team in the last debacle against the Danes. When the team couldn't even pass a ball to save their life, in one of the worst displays I've ever seen. And then has the cheek to blame the defeat on an Aberdeen player, when in fact it was his hopeless tactics that was to blame. No surprise there I suppose as the SFA have always had it in for Aberdeen, looks like the German plonker has followed suit. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Faroes won this match, whatever you do, don't back Scotland, we are complete shyte.

Guest crowie1969

Scotland Tosh, Another Scot here and also willing to back up the views of all the other Scottish boys on here. We really are that bad, do not touch us. I have never felt so uninspired by my national side ever. I am luckily out of the country on Saturday (at least until the match is over) so therefore will not have to go through the agony of watching this lot. To summarise - we play to many defenders, who are all to slow, our midfield players cannot pass the ball to each other and he have no one, and I mean NO ONE who could be remotely described as a goal threat and the large percentage of our team/squad probably play reserve team football or sit on a bench each week. The Denmark "display" was woeful, the memory of the Far East debacle is still fresh in our minds, we are just MINCE! The manager is shocking and is already working at covering his back with x amount of excuses. I can quite clearly forecast that after this coming shambles some player/s will get it in the neck from him as his excuse for the result. Nothing to do with the fact that he fcking picked them and the fckign tactics. If he had been in the job a bit longer he would have to have gone after the Denmark game but believe me he is not far away from the public turning on him big time. Any more of his sh*te and he can fcuk of back to the Far East. If I thought the Faoroes had any goal threat at all I would back them as a straight home win but the best option for this match is to take the 1X or lay Scotland on Betfair. This is straight from the horses mouth and from a very dispirited nation.

Guest plumberboy83

Re: Scotland a bargain???? I would definitelty back Scotland for this one. This is Berti's first competitive match and he's not going to lose it! The Faroes have improved in the last wee while but I can't see them beating us - we learned our lesson in the last game. With odds of 4/6 I'd definitely plump for that. I may also put on a cheeky Scotland - Denmark double. The Danes are flying at the mo and Norway aren't what they used to be. Watch out for Jon Dahl!

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Scotland a bargain????

Quote:

The Faroes have improved in the last wee while but I can't see them beating us again - we learned our lesson first time around.

And when was that then?

Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Scotland a bargain???? YES!! Come on guys i think we are gonna beat faroe islands. i'm not saying comfortably but i can't see past scotland! They are gonna be too good for the faroes and rememebr it was "defensive" craig brown in charge bak then. Now we have a good coach and i think we will go all out to beat them. I think we will control the game and scotland will win no questions asked ;-)

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Scotland a bargain???? YES!! Yes I think Scotland will win but we will not score 5 or 6 as we should. What most are saying here is that 4/6 is a crap price. Now if they were evens that would be different.

Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Scotland a bargain???? YES!! I didn't say we would win comfortably. I think 1-0 2-1 2-0. But i do not see us not coming away without 3 points! There is just NOWAY! If we do i'll shut up and not say anything like this again! There is absolutely noway tho! Predicted score! Scotland 2-0 Faroes COME ON THE SCOTS!

Guest toshibakid

replies Thanks for the feedback, :lol I will only have a medium stake though now,i thought all the faroe players worked in the market selling postcards/keyrings,didnt think they knew how to play :lol

Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Toshiba! On champ man i got scotland to the final of Euro 2004 :) . got beaten off france in Extra Time! Maybe i should be manager of scotland............... :)

Guest thetwotwins

Faroe Islands v Scotland I heard of several withdrawals from the Scotland squad on Radio Five tonight: I remember Scotland scoring very late in a similar fixture a few years back (was it San Marino?) when it looked like they were going to draw. At 4/6 I would avoid.

Guest theshooterman

Re: Faroe Islands v Scotland I'm going for it. I think Scotland will definitely win, probably 2-0 or around that scoreline. The odds represent reasonable value because the Faroe team is very poor (despite what the media say) and realistically don't expect a result. The Scots are not great but everything gets exaggerated and I think they will win quite comfortably. Why not double up with a Finland victory over Wales?

Guest The Flying Scott

Re: Faroe Islands v Scotland I'm a Scot and I would sooner back Alloa to beat Arsenal! Do not touch them! I expect Vogts to be sacked / resign after Saturday's game. Deadly serious too!

Guest Young Lumper

Re: Faroe Islands v Scotland I think Run DMC got it right when he said neither of these teams could score in a brothel. Under 2.5 goals is the bet as i can probably see the score being 0-0 or 0-1 to the Scots. Now if they had only called up Kenny Miller...

Guest toshibakid

Re: Faroe Islands v Scotland i dunno meself,there defences are both cack,it could be 5-5 :lol I do expect the scots to win though,faroe cant be as tough as the honk kong x11. :lol

Guest plumberboy83

Cheers OddsAgainst! OK, so I got it a little bit wrong, 1-1 was the score last time we met but, lets face it; thats as bad as a defeat and certainly felt like one at the time. There's no way we'll lose this one. 3-0 Scotland

Guest Da Hannanah

... Just thought I'd add a word or two on this subject... 1. Thank you for making us look so good in that friendly. Normally, we stink away from home in non-important matches (0-3 in Dublin before the WC, for instance). I knew Scotland weren't world beaters, but the state of their game shocked me, quite frankly. 2. I know quite a few of the Faroe players from the Danish league (The Faroe Islands are kind'a like our Wales... ;) , and they are not half bad. Their star striker is Todi JOnsson from FC Copenhagen, a truly unique player with speed, skills and a fair bit of flair for being at the right place at the right time. If Scotland defend like they did against us, he will have a field day. 3. Even the best of teams can no longer expect to win easily at the Faroe islands. In my view, the draw is great value at around 3,5. 4. Finland are awful value at home v. Wales. They got beaten bad by half an Ireland team recently, and Litmanen is out of shape. With the progress of Simon Davie, I can easily see this be a 2. 5. I also believe we will take down those damn Norwegians on saturday - in spite of a annoying number of injuries. The Norwegians are not far behind Sctoland in the current rankings of "they suck" - only difference is, they suck in spite of a large number of good players.

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: De Hannanah I think the scotland game is one to avoid. In fact I would back Scotland against San Marino. Not because they will loose to them, but they would be a crappy price and have lost games like this before. Think I'll probably leave the England game out as well. I am quite supprised that there is not a thread for it yet......

Guest paulinho

Re: De Hannanah i think the reason there isnt a thread for england portugal is because it is impossible to call. portugal can be awesome, or they can be complete wank. england will make the usual glut of substitutions, as well as giving debuts to many players, so trying to guess whats going to happen is probably a little futile

Guest crowie1969

Scotland Dave, Scotland haven't lost games like this as odds on in the past (not unless you include Peru in Argentina 78!). What we DID (past tense) have was the tendency to scrape by with 1-0,2-0 wins (San Marino goaless until about 70+ mins, the quickest 70 mins of my life as I saw us heading towards utter humilation) and make you sweat for your money!! The last time we were in the Faroes we drew 1-1 which was about the only time we didn't produce the win against these type of nations (Estonia in Monaco was also an other I can think of). However, as I have mentioned, the current squad of players only look like they have the ability (hah!) to scrape draws in these places now (I am honestly dreading Iceland and Lithuania away, two teams who are much better than the Faroes). We may get a 1-0 win (I still don't see where the goal would come from, a penalty please!) but the under 2.5 could well be a very good bet (as someone has mentioned).