** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 09/09/07

Carl

20070909Yor142001.pngCHOOSE YOUR MOMENT 2.20 York.

Spencer can kick us off with a winner in the first, open to improvment on only his 3rd start.He will get the trip and Spencer is an interesting booking. La chicaluna might not get the trip, Prince Desire is looking exposed and its a poor price. 20070909Yor145007.pngLOVE OF DUBAI 2.50 York Its the Spencer and Sanders show and I think Seb can get 1 over on his rival in this race. Ran well on its debut from a poor draw finishing just a length behind the winner. Will come on for that experience and he can shed his maiden tag with a step up to suit. 20070909Yor152510.pngPARAGUAY 3.25 York 4 yr olds have a decent record in this race and the visor first time could make the difference today and can run well at a good price.Down to a very low mark and a drop in trip could be the key with Liam Jones taking off 3lb also. 20070909Yor155507.pngKINGS APOSTLE 3.55 York Won lto and only 4lb up in the ratings with Liam Jones (who won on this LTO) retaining the ride. Liam could get a decent double today. Placed in 8 of his 10 starts

Re: York 09/09/07 15.55 york fayr jag massive 17/2 bluesq sprint merry go round time, fayr jag is now ready to win. was declared for betfred sprint yesterday, pulled out of that. cd winner, dropping down the ratings. tim easterby knows the time of day at york. each way steal at this price. staying on last time out over 5f, now back over 6f. might catch an improver, but still a great value bet.

Re: York 09/09/07

15.55 york fayr jag massive 17/2 bluesq sprint merry go round time, fayr jag is now ready to win. was declared for betfred sprint yesterday, pulled out of that. cd winner, dropping down the ratings. tim easterby knows the time of day at york. each way steal at this price. staying on last time out over 5f, now back over 6f. might catch an improver, but still a great value bet.
Beat me to it, mate:ok I fancy this too, agree with your comments and will add my tuppence later but at that price, a super EW bet.

Re: York 09/09/07 I know that connections of the horse are hoping to get the horse to win before the summer is over, then move the horse onto bigger and better races next year. The horse is question holds a Doncaster entry for this coming friday, they want to get the horse into this. After reviewing the race the horse was in last time it is clear to see that the horse ran really well into 5th when in rear and was ridden at Redcar over this same trip. Has just got a handicap mark and it could very well be leinient. Definatly one to note, this horse is Marlena, ridden by Duran Fentiman who takes off a valuble 3 plbs. 20/1 at Present, keep your eye on this one.

Re: York 09/09/07 3 decent prices for me today in the last 3 races. All top weights. To be backed EW. Its just something i follow every so often. 4.30 Corriolanus 5.00 Kyoto summit 5.30 Campli plus also i have to mention the 3.55 race as Burning Incense runs again to try & get a win on the board this season. Has run in a lot of the big handicaps this season & must come good soomn henece the skinny 6/1 the bookies still offer.

Re: York 09/09/07 14:20 La Chicaluna (7/1) 7f Class 4 Unlike many, I am ignoring my selections previous outing. It was a valuable class 2 event but things did not work out to give any real indications of quality. Stumbled out of stalls then was blocked in once recovered. Previous form to this is encouraging. 2 wins and a 2nd at 6f. Carl quite rightly points out that she may not get the trip, but from the comments from her 6f win in June "ridden over 1f out, kept on well" and then to follow this up with another win in heavy conditions at 6f makes me think she will have no problems getting todays trip. In fact, I have more doubt about the jollys chances of staying the distance. The main danger I see to La Chicaluna comes from the most experienced runner in the race with 9 runs to his name already, Natural Rhythm (20/1). After an unsuccessful stint running over the minimum distance he has been given two cracks at todays 7f. Results, 1st of 9 then 3rd of 11 - these were at a lower level to todays attempt but never the less is the only runner who has won at todays distance. With Dale Gibson on board I expect a big run at a big price. Prediction: 1st La Chicaluna (7/1) 2nd Natural Rhythm (20/1) Haitch

3 decent prices for me today in the last 3 races. All top weights. To be backed EW. Its just something i follow every so often. 4.30 Corriolanus 5.00 Kyoto summit 5.30 Campli plus also i have to mention the 3.55 race as Burning Incense runs again to try & get a win on the board this season. Has run in a lot of the big handicaps this season & must come good soomn henece the skinny 6/1 the bookies still offer.
one of the lads from work has had a word for campli in the 530. personnally i like the look of vice admiral. mick easterby the man to be on at york in these apprentice or lady rider races. can remember him winning with sporting gesture on more than one occasion. distance form, bottom weight, useful 7lb off. going no problem, may be better at 16f, looks a good bet at 8/1.

Re: York 09/09/07 14:50 - Upstanding (10/1) 5f Cls 4 My selection here has looked like winning for a while now and is surley just a metter of time before she records her first victory. I fancy it to come today. Has been seen out 8 times to date all of which have been at todays minimum trip. The first 4 runs were really nothing to write home about. She then had a 3 month break and reintroduced in Aug when things finally started to click into place. Firstly, a great 2/11 followed up by a 3/9 and then a 4/13 and last time out came in 2/11. She just needs to get her head in front and with the jock taking 7lb off today, this could be the day. 15:25 - Paraguay (16/1) 7f Cls 5 Frustrating type who also promised more than he actually has achieved. There is definatley potential here though with 2 wins and 3 places to his name to date. Down to a very winable mark and with Liam Jones taking a further 3lb off his back has a stone in hand of the fav. I believe it is worth sticking with Paraguay as it has a better chance than the price suggests. Visor on today may also be an advantage. Haitch

I know that connections of the horse are hoping to get the horse to win before the summer is over, then move the horse onto bigger and better races next year. The horse is question holds a Doncaster entry for this coming friday, they want to get the horse into this. After reviewing the race the horse was in last time it is clear to see that the horse ran really well into 5th when in rear and was ridden at Redcar over this same trip. Has just got a handicap mark and it could very well be leinient. Definatly one to note, this horse is Marlena, ridden by Duran Fentiman who takes off a valuble 3 plbs. 20/1 at Present, keep your eye on this one.
Christelfordwigan, I did make a note of Marlena, as she has caught my eye with the notable improvement in each outing to date. Interesting entry for the class 3 on Friday shows the yard have good confidence in her. Could well sneak a place behind my two selections here of Natural Rhythm and La Chicaluna! GL

Re: York 09/09/07 3.25 YORK LINCONEUROCRUISER 25/1 -Ran at Redcar on thursday did not have a great draw and raced on it's own and finished 4th @ 50/1 and IMO can go well again today and 25/1 looks big 1/4 1-4. 5.30 YORK VICE ADMIRAL 8/1-Sherwd trainer dose well here.Well btn last time but better ground today.Hernando's boy maybe is just out for a run today to get ready for the jump season but is worth a watch in the betting as the trainers last 2 horses have won. LINCONEUROCRUISER/VICE ADMIRAL E/W singles and e/w double for me.

Re: York 09/09/07 1525 zennerman always worth a look when spencer rides for kevin ryan. the most competitive race on the card. money for this lto. doing his best work at the end of the race. best work at the end?jamie spencer? perfect combination! 13/2 sporting odds, fair price. will go off shorter.

3.25 YORK LINCONEUROCRUISER 25/1 -Ran at Redcar on thursday did not have a great draw and raced on it's own and finished 4th @ 50/1 and IMO can go well again today and 25/1 looks big 1/4 1-4. 5.30 YORK VICE ADMIRAL 8/1-Sherwd trainer dose well here.Well btn last time but better ground today.Hernando's boy maybe is just out for a run today to get ready for the jump season but is worth a watch in the betting as the trainers last 2 horses have won. LINCONEUROCRUISER/VICE ADMIRAL E/W singles and e/w double for me.
ted i agree with lincolneurocruiser. i remember watching the betting for this race, and this was nibbled at at fancy prices. not gonna back it, but could be interesting. best of luck fella if you got 25's:hope

Christelfordwigan, I did make a note of Marlena, as she has caught my eye with the notable improvement in each outing to date. Interesting entry for the class 3 on Friday shows the yard have good confidence in her. Could well sneak a place behind my two selections here of Natural Rhythm and La Chicaluna! GL
I really hope the horse can make it too the front , Fingers Crossed Haitch

Re: York 09/09/07 Industrial Star/Great As Gold 5.00 York The ground is the key to this horse as these stats show: 1 run on heavy - unplaced 1 run on soft - unplaced 3 runs on good - unplaced 5 runs on good to firm - 2 wins and 2 seconds It has also had 2 runs over 2m and finished 1st and 2nd. It has won over jumps at this class 4 level and also placed 2nd and 3rd at class 3 level. Having a look at its last two runs shows completely different race tactics. Last time out at Beverley it chased leaders, was driven, outpaced and weakened. The race before that it was held up, made headway and chased leaders over 2f out to finish 2nd. If those are the favoured tactics today then they have the right jockey on board in Jamie Spencer. Only 4lb higher than last winning mark and can go close if enough is left in the tank for the run for home. Great As Gold has disappointed in its last 2 runs but has been punching above its weight trying to contest class 2 races when it is a class 4 and class 5 horse. Versatile with regards to the ground as it has won on heavy and also won on good to firm. More of a realistic chance at this level and interesting to see how it is ridden. No heavy ground to make it a stamina test so they could front run and lead the others horses a merry dance as it will stay all day and excels over further. Has won over the distance, placed at the course but is still higher than its last winning mark of 70 but worth ew interest at 10-1. The horse they all have to beat is the improving Atlantic Coast but it has won two poor class 5 handicaps, steps up to class 4 today and is a bit too short for me to get involved.

Re: York 09/09/07 3.55 York 11 runners line up for this Class 2 handicap over 6f. 4/1 the field so looks relatively open but I feel that many of these are too high in the weights and will struggle to win off their current marks. The big danger to my selection is Wyatt Earp but I cannot back it as the fav, so I'm going for an old favourite: Fayr Jag (15/2 >Betfred) - Down another 1lb so certainly capable of winning off this mark. I backed this in the Great St Wilfrid but I think the difference today could be the firmer ground and the jockey, with David Allan back on top. Has won a G1 in its heyday so clearly the best of these on old form. Ran well in the Stewards Cup 3 starts ago, ignore the Ripon run as DA was not up top. Lto at Beverley, it ran a good race finishing well over inadequate 5f after being hampered early doors. Over 4 years since it raced of a mark below 100 as it does today so should be well there today.

3.55 York 11 runners line up for this Class 2 handicap over 6f. 4/1 the field so looks relatively open but I feel that many of these are too high in the weights and will struggle to win off their current marks. The big danger to my selection is Wyatt Earp but I cannot back it as the fav, so I'm going for an old favourite: Fayr Jag (15/2 >Betfred) - Down another 1lb so certainly capable of winning off this mark. I backed this in the Great St Wilfrid but I think the difference today could be the firmer ground and the jockey, with David Allan back on top. Has won a G1 in its heyday so clearly the best of these on old form. Ran well in the Stewards Cup 3 starts ago, ignore the Ripon run as DA was not up top. Lto at Beverley, it ran a good race finishing well over inadequate 5f after being hampered early doors. Over 4 years since it raced of a mark below 100 as it does today so should be well there today.
and lets hope they haven't over watered at york as well. should be rock hard been glorious for 3 or 4 days

20070909Yor142001.png CHOOSE YOUR MOMENT 2.20 York.

Spencer can kick us off with a winner in the first, open to improvment on only his 3rd start.He will get the trip and Spencer is an interesting booking. La chicaluna might not get the trip, Prince Desire is looking exposed and its a poor price.:clap 20070909Yor145007.png LOVE OF DUBAI 2.50 York Its the Spencer and Sanders show and I think Seb can get 1 over on his rival in this race. Ran well on its debut from a poor draw finishing just a length behind the winner. Will come on for that experience and he can shed his maiden tag with a step up to suit. 20070909Yor152510.png PARAGUAY 3.25 York 4 yr olds have a decent record in this race and the visor first time could make the difference today and can run well at a good price.Down to a very low mark and a drop in trip could be the key with Liam Jones taking off 3lb also. 20070909Yor155507.png KINGS APOSTLE 3.55 York Won lto and only 4lb up in the ratings with Liam Jones (who won on this LTO) retaining the ride. Liam could get a decent double today. Placed in 8 of his 10 starts:clap

2 out of 2 :wall took 5/1 for Kings Apostle romps in at 7's:@