Italy - Yugoslavia

Guest Tonyvdb

Guest Tonyvdb

X2 : 3,80 / 8 @ Scandic, Bet365 -> seems great value to me?? Slovenia won a friendly in Italy a few months ago and we all know The Squadra is a very unreliable team ... I'm taking two singles X2 on Yugoslavia for a small stake.

Guest Parahandy

Re: Italy - Yugoslavia Tony I think Italy will win. They are generally very good at home. Wouln't surprise me to see them go a long way in the finals next year. They need to change their mentality but they do have some great players.

Guest theshooterman

Re: Italy - Yugoslavia Have to agree with Parahandy on this one. I don't think that Yugoslavia are the team they once were and I expect Italy to win quite comfortably. Correct score 2 nil?

Guest tigertough12

Re: Italy - Yugoslavia my sources tell me that Vieri, Totti, Inzaghi, Nesta, Iuliano, Materazzi and Coco will not play against Yugoslavia. This will be the upset for this weekend so I advice you to get on YUGOSLAVIA. I'd put them in a treble with Romania and Bulgaria with odds of 24-1.

Re: Italy - Yugoslavia Italy star Fabio Cannavaro has appealed for calm with the Azzurri squad looking more like the walking wounded just days before their Euro 2004 qualifier against Yugoslavia. Seven of the 22 players called up by Giovanni Trapattoni, who has already lost Roma playmaker Francesco Totti, are carrying injuries. "We are in an emergency situation that is true, but we have to be calm, I also have a problem in my knee," said the Inter Milan defender on the federation's official website, www.figc.it. "We play every three days and it is normal that the probability of injuries increases." As well as Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta, Alessandro Del Piero, Filippo Inzaghi, Mark Iuliano, Luigi Di Biagio and Francesco Coco are all struggling with assorted aches and pains. The injuries will leave 'Il Trap' - as the national coach is known in Italy - little time to prepare for Saturday's meeting with Yugoslavia in Naples and the trip to Wales on the following Wednesday. Juventus striker Del Piero took some heavy knocks in last weekend's clash with Como but was set to resume training on Wednesday. AC Milan forward Inzaghi, currently the top scorer in Italy's top flight, is recovering from a foot injury and missed yesterday's first training session. Juve defender Iuliano is still at home in Turin due to a fever although he could join the team tomorrow or Friday. Midfielder Di Biagio has a throat infection while his Inter team-mate Francesco Coco has a back pain which the defender picked up in the game against Piacenza. AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta is recovering from a foot injury but will be available for Saturday. Trapattoni has resisted the temptation to call up a replacement for Totti and will instead look to the players already available to him. Andrea Pirlo is likely to get the nod for the playmaker's berth. Totti has returned to Rome in order to recover from a left knee injury and muscle strain in his right thigh, much to his disappointment. "I am very sorry not to be able to play these two matches for the national team," said the 26-year-old on his official website, www.francescototti.com.

Guest Accaman

re Yugoslavia usualy play best when nobody expect them to win. After 5-0 demolition by Czech Rep., YU can play only better. They are top class players and they will want to prove that 5-0 was just a minor blip. Couple of good counter attacks and there`s a draw, at least. But having said that it can be also another 5-0! So no bet for me, or just a small one on Italy (superstition).

Re: ITA - YUG If Totti's out, all the better. The Italian coach refuses to play both him and Del Piero (think its due to some personnal [roblems) and usually picks Totti ahead of him. Del Peiro is by far the superior player and if he makes it for the game the Italians will be for the better having him playing rather than Totti.

Guest cjamars

Re: ITA - YUG Interesting stat in the RFO this week that Yugoslavia hadn't beaten a team in the FIFA top 10 since 1991. I'd swerve this one. Italy are far too short to appeal although with the brat Totti absent I too would be more confident about the Azzurri. Small shout on the X/2 if you need an interest.