Champions League (28-29 Aug)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (28-29 Aug) LATER EDIT Dinamo's fans fight with 5 Lazio fans who wanted tou buy some tickets for tonight's game. Now they are in hospital with serious injuries. So that means that lazio will have 5 fans on Lia Manoliu?

Re: Champions League (28-29 Aug)

LATER EDIT Dinamo's fans fight with 5 Lazio fans who wanted tou buy some tickets for tonight's game. Now they are in hospital with serious injuries. So that means that lazio will have 5 fans on Lia Manoliu?

Re: Champions League (28-29 Aug) Red Star -vs- Rangers First off, I'm a Rangers supporter, so some people might want to take what I say with a pinch of salt. Anyway, I don't see Red Star winning tonight. Rangers have been excellent in defence this season when playing with a 4-5-1 formation. They haven't lost a goal in the 5 games that Hemdani has played, who hasn't played in Rangers last 2 league games as the position isn't really needed in the SPL as Rangers face little pressure. Walter Smith will set Rangers out to soak up pressure tonight, and probably play Beasley and Darcheville with the view of hitting on the break if the chance arrives. Red Star haven't exactly had a good start to the season, with a few average results and the sacking of their manager a couple of games ago. They have scored 1 goal in their opening 2 League games, and only managed 2 goals in their 2 games against Tallinn. They dominated their home game against Tallinn, but only managing to break down the Estonians once despite the heavy pressure. Everything I have seen of them shows them as fairly toothless. From what I have seen they have little to suggest they will score. I see this game going a lot like the Zeta game for Rangers in the last round. Red Star will have a lot of possession and won't be able to break through, with Rangers trying to take advantage on the break. I think no goalscorer could be an excellent bet and 8/1 with Extra Bet is pretty generous. Rangers +1 @ 1.625 (Extra Bet) Under 2.5 goals @ 1.60 (Bet365)

AEK - Sevilla may be postponed because of the death of Puerta :$:$:$:cry:cry:cry Damn, this is sad :cry:cryHe was only 22 and he was preparing to be a father.. RIP again..:cry
its postponed for sure can´t believe it a guy in my age is dead! Big tragedy and a bad day for the UEFA

From what I have seen they have little to suggest they will score.
How about this....Their best player Igor Burzanovic(attacking midfielder), who missed the first leg, is set to make his return.The player of Ecuadorian national team Franklin "El Mago" Salas(forward) is likely to make his debut for the club in the curo comp.He missed the first leg through injury!Argentina international Hernan Barcos(forward) was on the scoresheet in the last (friendly) match and is also likely to take part tonight.He missed the first leg.Playmaker and attacking midfielder Mauricio Alejandro Molina didn't start in Glasgow, but he's almost certain to start to tonight!Key man Dusan Basta is set to make his return from suspension! In other words, 5 more players fully fit and available for Red Star this time. In the first leg at Ibrox Red Star played with youth player Djordjevic up front!

Re: Champions League (28-29 Aug) I read somewhere that Red Star had to buy that Jestrovic in a hurry, for they have no solution in front of the goal, and they scored one goal in two Serbian League games this year. And Jestrovic cant play. I think that by judging the way Rangers play this year, they can win 3-0 or lose 3-0 against strong opponent, but I believe there will be lots of goals, or at least an early goal. RS have to attack, Gers know not to defend, RS will be open in the back...goals galore :welcome

How about this....Their best player Igor Burzanovic(attacking midfielder), who missed the first leg, is set to make his return.The player of Ecuadorian national team Franklin "El Mago" Salas(forward) is likely to make his debut for the club in the curo comp.He missed the first leg through injury!Argentina international Hernan Barcos(forward) was on the scoresheet in the last (friendly) match and is also likely to take part tonight.He missed the first leg.Playmaker and attacking midfielder Mauricio Alejandro Molina didn't start in Glasgow, but he's almost certain to start to tonight!Key man Dusan Basta is set to make his return from suspension! In other words, 5 more players fully fit and available for Red Star this time. In the first leg at Ibrox Red Star played with youth player Djordjevic up front!
Fair enough, that is your opinion. However it should be noted that in the 2 games against Tallinn Basta, Molina Uribe, Burzanovic and Barcos were all available. Red Star were very poor in front of goal in those games as well. Also a 0-0 home draw against Čukarički, who have since lost their following 2 games (including a 3-0 loss to Partizan at home). Then the 1-0 home win against FK Smederavo. Juding on their performances as a whole so far this season, they have been poor in front of goal.

Juding on their performances as a whole so far this season' date=' they have been poor in front of goal.[/quote'] It's too early for this conclusion...After only two league matches.Against Levadia, they clearly dominated, in the second leg they missed a couple of sitters and hit the woodwork, but they played with only 50-60% of their possibilities in this tie.They were just looking to finish the job and go home.Tonight's match is something different, as always in front of full Marakana.A number of strong teams have failed to win here in the last 10 years: Chievo Verona, Kaiserslautern, Metz, Celta Vigo, Lazio, AS Roma, Barcelona, PSV Eindhoven, Bayer Leverkusen,...,most of them failed to keep a clean sheet(Barca, Lazio, Metz, Celta, 3 goals vs.PSV, 3 goals vs.Roma, 4 goals vs.Kaiserlsautern,...,Bayer Leverkusen were extremely lucky to get away with a goalless draw as Lucio & co looked very, very shaky at the back, but the class of Ballack, Ze Roberto, Neuville, Lucio,...,obviously prevailed) However, Good Luck!NO BET for me! :cheers

Pathetic play by Dinamo in 2nd half! P A T H E T I C ! Dinamo got some bad results in their last game. I think it's time for Rednic to leave the team.
NO, it's time for Dinamo (and not only) to start playing seriously in Liga 1, too. After leading 1-0 at half time, they acted like 2nd div. team. Pity, I'm really sad for this, as Lazio was a beatable team tonight, imo.

NO' date=' it's time for Dinamo (and not only) to start playing seriously in Liga 1, too. After leading 1-0 at half time, they acted like 2nd div. team. Pity, I'm really sad for this, as Lazio was a beatable team tonight, imo.[/quote'] If they continue playing like that they won't win the title for sure! They place with Gloria Bistrita next round, and I have a feeling it won't be a win. I think it's time for Rednic to change something. BTW about Steaua's game tomorrow, easy home win, the stadium will be full.

Re: Champions League (28-29 Aug) Arsenal -1 looks nice to me for tomorrow. 5 meetings between Arsenal and Sparta Praga : Sparta Praha Arsenal 0:2 15.08.2007 Arsenal Sparta Praha 3:0 02.11.2005 Sparta Praha Arsenal 0:2 18.10.2005 Arsenal Sparta Praha 4:2 25.10.2000 Sparta Praha Arsenal 0:1 12.09.2000 Tomas Rosicky will start, he is out of form but maybe tomorrow he will play something against his ex-team.

Re: Champions League (28-29 Aug) Not sure if he's out of form, he looks pretty good in the Prem matches to me, but was invisible in the first leg against Sparta. Arsenal should cover, the only thing that worries me a little bit are the injuries at the back in the team (and the fact they can actually play keepball as they are almost through).

;873055']Anyone know if Horvath and Repka are missing from the Sparta Prague team that will be travelling to London? If so' date=' Arsenal to win looks good in a multi.[/quote'] Both are travelling to London and both MIGHT start according to the coach - especially Repka makes the difference in the defence. If he starts, he might be on a revenge mission against Fabregas, though, who eliminated him from the first game after some twenty minutes. Repka is not known for his calmness at all.

Both are travelling to London and both MIGHT start according to the coach - especially Repka makes the difference in the defence. If he starts' date=' he might be on a revenge mission against Fabregas, though, who eliminated him from the first game after some twenty minutes. [b']Repka is not known for his calmness at all.
You don't say Tomas!:loon