Purple Lounge Battle of the Sexes

Washman

Had the live final of the Purple Lounge Battle of the Sexes tournament last Saturday, so thought I should tell you all a little bit about it. Purple lounge booked me into the PTI in Wembley Park (a stones throw from the stadium), so I booked in early Sat afternoon, then jumped on the tube to their offices in Soho. Met up with the other players (and Michelle from PNL) at about 5pm, and given beer and pizza :ok Then taxis to the Western in Park Royal at 6.30 ready for a 7.30 game. There were 2 tables with 3 men and 3 women on each. Starting stacks of 2500, and about 3 hours of play available. First hand I'm BB, and get 89 of spades. Flop As 6s Jc - I bet 200 and get 1 caller. Turn is Js :) , I bet another 200, and get called again. River is Ks, so I check, my opponent bets 400 and I stupidly call. He turns over AJ for the full house, so 850 gone in first hand :(. Next BB I flop an open-ended straight draw and go down to about 1100 chips, and am planning my assault on the bar :beer. Michelle asks if I'm ok - I could do with a waitress before I start sobering up. Before she can get someone, one of the other players brother volunteers to do a bar run :ok I make the break with 1400 chips, but come back to find blinds are now 200/400, so adopt a kamikaze strategy. Fifteen minutes later I've got 5k - when I have nothing they all fold, when I have a PP someone calls with AJ or AK and my hand holds up. Final table starts at 8 players and carries on in much the same way - I can even go all in with 2c3c and everybody folds. The final table is punctuated by Michelle's cries of 'SHOWDOWN!!!' every couple of minutes, and we're soon down to 3 players (all men by the way!!). Nearly throw all my chips away before I realise 3rd gets nothing. Get to heads up with 11k v 19k, and blinds of 2k/4k. First hand I'm SB and decide I'm shoving with anything. Unfortunately my anything is T5o, and my opponent calls with QJo, which deservedly holds up. So he's off to Sweden with Michelle, and I've won a £1500 membership to quintessentially.com. Not sure how much use it will be, but time will tell. Then thought I'd get a picture with the host, hence the pic of a very pissed me with the very lovely Michelle in another thread :ok And in case you missed it, here it is again :) michelledw1.jpg

Re: Purple Lounge Battle of the Sexes

Did they have any totty there for the girls?
No - this was a mens tournament - you ladies have your own tourneys instead dont you? :tongue2 And I'm not saying anything to Washman - I'm waaay too envious for it not to sound bitter ;)

No - this was a mens tournament - you ladies have your own tourneys instead dont you? :tongue2
There were 2 tables with 3 men and 3 women on each
:unsure erm, clue in the title of the thread surely. :tongue2 And just wait til I meet you in Brum. :spank ;)

:unsure erm' date=' clue in the title of the thread surely. :tongue2[/quote'] Ahem - Hawk eye strikes again :$ Hawk eye did see that it was an all male podiuuuum though? No wonder you need your own tourneys :moon :moon :moon :tongue2