China-Brazil : Bet of the Season?

Face it, this is a bloody mismatch from head-to-toe. Brazil at 1.33 is a steal - yes, this is a steal! How the hell can China keep Brazil - with the likes of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Carlos, Cafu, et al - at bay with Sun Jihai being their only decent world-class(if you could say so) player? :eek Jiang Qin(he's the chinese keeper for those of you not familiar) is quite simply not even anywhere close to making the grade for Scottish Div 3(for people who get little or no excess to Asian football, try to recall the Turkey-China match at the last WC) and I'd be hard-pressed to imagine how he could keep the world cup winning strike force at bay. :p Perhaps, the only lingering doubt in most minds would be the fact that this is just a friendly(what with jet lag, etc) and the fact that China have paid big time for Brazil to play this match could result in Brazil taking their foot of the gas. Quite frankly, I reckon Brazil playing at 50% would still be too strong for China(you could certainly put your minds at ease if you remember Brazil actually beat South Korea 3-2 in a friendly after the World Cup) and this is definitely not one of those typical league games where upsets could be on the cards. Forget about backing China here - there's definitely no value here; if anything, it's as good as throwing your money down the drain. ;)

Guest mad4bets

Re: China-Brazil : Bet of the Season? Hmm no way would i bet on this,Yes your dead right about Brazil being a lot better than China but like you say the Chineese have payed thru the nose to get the Brazilians there and just think what it would do to national football in China if they were somehow to snatch a draw???,I'm not suggesting this game is a fix but...........

Guest dprovan

Re: China-Brazil : Bet of the Season? have to agree mad4bets I would never touch a friendly match at those odds... :eek .. To make it worth your while you need to bet fairly big and it is not worth the risk when you don't know how interested the players are in winning. Hope it comes in for you if you bet on it, but I wouldn't risk my money on it.;)

Guest davidcampbell

Re: China-Brazil : Bet of the Season? this game is inrunning on betfair, brazil will either stroll it or no perform. could probably wait to see what market does before deciding on a bet. i reckon brazil will win but think im gonna play inrunning

Re: China-Brazil : Bet of the Season? David--you may well be pretty disappointed as this is a typical match which will draw very little attention or none at all. It's too early and it's well-hidden now they removed live events from their front page. Notoriously, these matches are low-turnover overall and as soon as the match starts, most of the bets disappear until some weird prices are offerered after a sibgle goal is scored. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my experience with low-profile matches.

Guest davidcampbell

Re: China-Brazil tulenos, you are rightmate, currently only £40,000 matched compared to the millions they usually match ona live game. thought that may be the case. only just got up anyway so missed the start but stuck a few quid on the drew 20 minutes to go and its 0-0 (hope no-one lumped on brazil)

Guest dprovan

Re: China-Brazil edtkh, I have noticed that each time you say bet of week, bet of month or bet of year it tends to flunk...:eek .. Whereas you seem to have more success with normal picks.;) Might be best just to play it down just a little mate as it looks bad when so many 'great bets' don't come in especially at 1/3.:rolleyes

Guest Lardonio

Re: China-Brazil I admit this might be after-eventing, but even so I think it's clever to avoid hyping matches too much. Most of us who have been betting for a while know that there's no such thing as a sure thing (in betting..), and things like 'bet of the season' does not really exist. Not even in friendly games where the favourite has to travel gazillions of miles :eek

Re: China-Brazil Great spot there dprovan - maybe you could try laying all my bets in future! ;) Well, true though I put a few hundred on Brazil before the game but by half time I reckoned my bet was rather at risk - which explains why I went for 0-0 for in-running during HT as I'd said before that China couldn't possibly win this(for those who watched the match, you should get what I mean given the way they squandered sitters!). Well, anyway cheers to all who won anything out of this match though! :lol

I watched this game on TV live... I watched this game on TV live. China is my homeland side, but I must admit that I have never backed them because I cant see Chinese football have any future. This time, again, our team had access to face Brazil, the WC winner, which the game we are looking forwrd to. We all regarded it as another WC match without exception. As the result, both the players and fans were inspired and full of encouragement. While Brazil, who beat us in WC, is VERY VERY unserious about this friend game, as can see them too lazy to run on the pitch. What they care about is obviously their 2.5M US Dollar attendance fee.......>: