EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03

Hello Users, here now my picks for the Euro Football 2004 Qualification. It would be really nice when I would get feedback for my picks. Good Luck this weekend! Germany - Lithuania Handicap 0:3 My Pick X Odd: 4,50 primebet.com Here I will bet on a Handicap Draw (Handicap is 0-3 ) - I think Germany will play nice and offense football, but I think they will not win with more than 3 goals difference- a little bit risky this bet- but the odd is really great- so I try it- the first Game Germany won in Lathuania with 2-0. After the very poor-perfoming game against Faroer Island in Hannover they have now win clearly but not with a 4-goals difference in my opionion. The German Superstar Ballack will not play - (he's injured) Italy - Finland My Pick 1 Odd: 1,20 primebet My Banker for the weekend- after the very poor-playing game in Wales (1-2 Lost) they have now to win at home against Finland, which shouldn't be a big problem for Italy. The first game at home Italy played draw against the Yugos (1-1). Finland won his last game against Aserbaidschan with 3-0, before this game they lost at home against Wales with 0-2. A Must- Win for Italy- I think! So, post now your best picks for the weekend ! Thanks a lot!

Guest qlpol

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 wouldn't call Italy a banker for sure, Finland is a team that many people tend to underestimate, they have some great quality players, and the fact that they lost in Wales doesn't say much in my opinion... Wales always is a difficult team to beat. Italy must win indeed, but they are always so unpredictable in qualifying rounds... If the odds were higher i would back Italy also, but 1.2 is not enough for this game in my view :)

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 looking for value, can't see too much personally, only ones which suggest themselves are the following aways: Croatia v Belgium 2.10 3.00 3.20 Holland v Czech Republic 1.57 3.25 5.50 possibilities for X2 here perhaps.

Guest qlpol

Re: ... agree with zuzu on holland, think they gonna win against Czech Republic, only Ruud is not from barca mate :) Belgium will be a though one to predict. I am not unbiased at all because i'm a belgian and a proud fan of my team, nevertheless if i try to be objective i guess belgium will not lose this game. A draw is good enough for us to secure the second place in the group, a win will be necessary if we like to keep the pressure on Bulgaria. At this moment our main players are completely fit and coach Antheunis already told he's probebly going to play with the same team as before This means : De Vlieger(Willem 2), De @#%$(Brugge) Van Buyten(Marseille) Simons(Brugge) Van der Heyden(Brugge) or Dheedene(Austria Wien), Englebert(Brugge), Vanderhaege(Anderlecht), Buffel(Feyenoord), Goor(Hertha Berlin), Sonck(Genk) and Mpenza Emile(Schalke 04) Meanwhile only news i have about Croatia is that they will surely miss Olic, their in form striker and probably also Nico Kovac with a fractured nose... Ofcourse in the days to come new elements will occur, i'll try my best to post them here :)

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 I agree that Belgium is once again becomming a foirce to be reckoned with (although I do miss the Kampfschwein...), but surely it would be an overstatement to say that Mpenza is "in shape". He's been injured for most of the season, and hasn't played three consecutive games in ages... I'd say a draw for you in Croatia - I remember the times we (Denmark) have played there, and those games were boring and drawish as hell :lol

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 The Danish team has had a few people pulling out due to injury in recent days - back up keeper Jensen, midfielder Roll (back up as well) plus the two first choice right backs, Helweg and Bogelund. The biggest (only) problem here is right back, which will now most likely be played by Rytter from Wolfsburg, a player Denmark coach Olsen sacked a year back following an abysmal performance. Some of the players - notably the ones from AC Milan - do not get regular first team football, but have played recent CL games as Milan were already through. There have been many voices here calling for the inclusion of Jensen (Charlton) instead of Sand (Schalke), with Jensen taking Tomassons position and Tomasson pushing up into Sands. Probably, Sand will get the nodd, though. Also the ususal question as to who gets the nodd on the left wing - Gronkjaer or Jorgensen. Probable line-up Sorensen (Sunderland :lol ) Rytter (Wolfsburg), Lauersen (Milan), Henriksen (Panathinaikos), Jensen (Man City) Gravesen (Everton), Poulsen (Schalke) Rommedahl (PSV), Tomasson (Milan), Gronkjaer (Chelsea) or Jorgensen (Udinese) Sand (Schalke)

Guest system13

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 Possible Croats line-up: Pletikosa(Hajduk),Kovac R.(Bayern),Tudor(Juventus),Simic(Milan) or Zivkovic(Leverkusen),Simunic(Hertha),Leko(Dinamo Kyev),Srna(Hajduk),Rosso(Maccabi Haifa),Stanic(Chelsea),Prso(Monaco),Maric T.(Wolfsburg) Their defense looks pretty strong to me and surely capable of handling Sonck and Mpenza,on the other hand their strikers tandem will most probably will be Prso-Maric,quite in top shape lately (Prso 5 goals and 5 assists in 8 last Monaco games,Maric 5 consecutive goals in everyone of Wolfsburgs last 5 games). My only concern is that this is the first time this 2 will play together,but with home crowd support and a "must win" situation for Croatia my money is on them. After all,Tudor might score and recover some of my losses that I suffered because of him ;) BTW,what is with Baseggio, is he playing or not?

Guest qlpol

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 don't think baseggio is starting saturday system13, for the simple reason that the centre of the midfield is already covered by 2 good players, Vanderhaege and Buffel... I can't see Baseggio replacing wonderkid buffel and if Vanderhaege would not start, i rather see Simons going to play there and his place being filled by Valgaeren of Celtic... Gotta wait untill the official line-up though... Edited : Vanderhaege is reported injured don't know what the coach is going to do, probably playing baseggio or simons and putting Valgaeren in defence...

Guest system13

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 Thanks for the info, qlpol, I asked about Bassegio because as I heard he played quite well in recent Anderlecht win over Brugge and thought he might get advantage at Anthuenis over Simons. Not that it makes any difference on my decision though,but actually I rate Bassegio quite higher at the moment than Simons...

Guest qlpol

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 indeed, baseggio is playing very well atm, but trust me if i say baseggio isn't on the same level as simons. Simons is absolutely the better player. Baseggio is good, but he's the kind of player that stays a promising player forever while simons is much more mature and plays on a more constant level... That's also the reason why european subtop-teams are still chasing him, while baseggio isn't going anywhere next season :) Btw, it seems Van Buyten is going to MAN U next year i heard on the belgian radio... Negotiations are almost finished they said... Can some english source confirm that maybe? Thanks

Rep.Ireland to win (*) Any support for Rep. Ireland against Georgia? Under Brian Kerr the team will put in good performances he is respected and admired by all of the players and has worked with a lot of the Irish players since they were 18, such as Damien Duff. Ireland traditionally beat weaker sides home and away in the recent few international qualifiering campaigns, both by more than one goal and without conceeding goals. Add to that the new manager syndrome (if you believe in it) and the fact the this is a MUST WIN game for Ireland, it's hard to see Ireland getting anything other than three points. Also Duff is available which is significantly important to Ireland as he is the source of nearly all Irish play. Kean may be out, but I'd expect Morrision and Duff to be more than capable, while Connolly could well cause damage in his current form, despite the fact that he seem to underperform in a greenshirt. It's where I'll be putting a lump of my money that's for sure, I suggest that people cash in at ridiculuos 4/5 prices and similar

Guest stebed

rep FA, could be closer than you think. I read something saying that Morrison is out for upto 10 weeks, not sure about the Republic's goal threat if Keane doesnt score I wonder were they will come from. Just checked on BBC site and Morrison, Harte, Kelly are definatley out and there are doubts over Robbie Keane who may not be back after his dads funeral. Dont know much about the Georgian's but the team news doesnt look good for an odds on away.

Guest stebed

rep FA - Rep of I are evens with Stan James. Czech Republic look a bit of value x2 against Holland. Czech's are a very tough team to beat home or away and I cant remember them ever getting a tonking. They are pretty sound defensively and have plenty of goal threat with BAros, Koller, Rosicky and Nedved all fit and in the squad.

Re: rep Yep, the Czechs completely outclassed France in a recent friendly at the Stade de France. I think the Czechs will aim, and succeed in stopping the Dutch from playing and I can see a tight game here, maybe a 0-0. I like the sound of an Under 2.5 for this match. If the Czechs score first, I can't see there being any more than 1 goal in the remainder of the match.

Guest Irish TW

Re: Rep.Ireland to win (*) I'd go Georgia 0-1 IrelandNot much value at 4/5 with the numbers we have missing. On the correct score in the England game: ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................ Liechtenstein 2-1 England 80/1 with Lads :rollin

Georgia I wont be betting on that one, so I did not check it, but I remember making some money last season on Geogia over 2.5 goals in more than one match. I think there is a good chance that over 2.5 will happen, though the pitch is terrible there. Those who want to try that one, check the results of G. If Eire is without Robbie Keane, no wonder the odds are evens.

Wait and see As someone sho wins a lot more than I loose gambling on football my best value bet is Rep.Ireland to win in Georgia. Ireland simply don't loose these kind of matches. Even with out Robbie Keane, Ireland are now a major force, and under Brian Kerr I would be VERY suprised if they loose another match in this campaign. Duff is a much more important player to Ireland than Robbie Keane, as he is the creative spark and typically creates all of Irelnad's chances, while Haarte and Kelly are not valuable first team players, as Ireland have very good full backs - Finnan and Carr are both better players IMO, and certaintly they are defensvely more solid than Harte. I'll post up my tips on international football fixtures within the hour, my analysis is nearly complete.

Too-ra-loo FA, I am not saying Ireland will not win, I just say that Georgia is capable of scoring two goals (the worst scenario, so I think under 2.5 is to be avoided), and am just asking if Irish team have the power to score three without Keane. 8o

Guest stebed

georgia Not sure if this helps any Snowman. Info from uefa site. Georgia take chance on Kaladze Monday, 17 March 2003 Georgia coach Alexandre Chivadze has named 12 foreign-based players for his side's back-to-back UEFA EURO 2004â„¢ Group 10 home qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland and Switzerland on 29 March and 2 April. Surprise inclusions The squad's domestic-based contingent will be named three days before the Ireland game. Among today's surprise inclusions are those of AC Milan defender Kakha Kaladze, who is recovering from a hip injury, and Dundee FC defender Zurab Khizanishvili, who is banned for one match after being sent off during an Under-21 game against Russia. Bottom of group Georgia lost their opening qualifier against the Swiss 4-1 and their second game, against Russia, was abandoned due to floodlight failure at the Lokomotivi stadium in Tbilisi. As a result, Georgia are bottom of Group 10 while the Swiss lead the way with seven points from three games. Georgia's replay against Russia is scheduled for 30 April. Georgia squad Kaladze, Kobiashvili, Khizanishvili, Rekhviashvili, Nemsadze, Jamarauli, Kinkladze, Tskitishvili, S. Arveladze, Demetradze, Iashvili, Ashvetia.

Guest mid devon punter

Liechtenstein v England - Corners I normally stay well clear of international matches, plying my trade mainly in Division 3 and the Conference, however, I did notice a BET365 book on number of corners in Englands match tommorow. Evens less than 11 Evens more than 11 Cannot remember the price for exactly 11. More than 11 corners seem likely to me,Liechtenstein will have their backs to the wall, and hopefully will be happy with some panic defender, that coupled with Engalnd likely to play a reasonably wide game, but has anyone got advice on what for me would be an unusual bet ? thanks mdp

Guest paulybhoy

Keep your money in your pocket Ireland have too many players missing, Cunningham is shite so is Connolly. Not that it really should count for much today, But it perhaps should not be forgotten that Ireland have not qualified for a Euro Championships since................Noah had an ark because our record in this comp is not good and we have not usually beaten so called weaker sides. Cannot personally see the confidence without at least a fit Robbie keane. I obviously hope Ireland win, but how can anyone feel confident? sorry to say I just dont see it and the stats do not say so either! hope we get lucky and I am wrong but I was not for the last 2 matches, and this does not feel right in the stomach either. A draw is likely, cant see more than an odd goal winning it(unless Ireland perform worse than I expect) so hopefully Ireland can sneak it. But, if I had to pick a winner I see a win maybe 2-1 for Georgia. It is not an easy place to go and tell me where the experience is in this Irish side-they have all retired-I cannot say it often enough Cunningham is not captain material for a club side let alone a national one, I've seen more fire in a fridge. As mentioned the good experienced Irish sides of the recent past have not done well in this comp, and this is worse territory than they faced- needing to chase a win so early on. Hope I am wrong, but sadly doubt it.

Guest MADJERIT

poland... Poland - Ungheria Poland must win this match....... and Ungheria have an emergency line up... 1 Ukraine - Spain X2 Rebrov is injury.... and Spain is in good form... ...and last from Italy.... i said that ITALIA 95% win!!!.

Guest paulybhoy

Docherty starts Which is much better than the thought of Connolly, still see the match as a real tough one but he will give Ireland now more of a chance to sneak it. To score in 90 mins or with his head would be a good poss!

Euro 2004 Qualifiers Romania - Denmark Pick : Denmark Personally, I don't see how Denmark could be priced as the underdog for this one - maybe another mistake on the part of bookies? Man for man, Denmark is just that tad stronger even though they're without quite a few players(Helveg, Thomas Roell Larsen, Bogelund, Skov-Jensen). Face it, Helveg is just about the only first team regular here and with the likes of Jorgensen, Sand, Tomasson, Rommedahl, Gronkjaer still around. They're certainly value IMO @ 7/4 against a Romanian side whose strength is mainly founded on the cornerstone of the defensive pairing of Chivu(Ajax) and Filipescu(Real Betis). Just can't see how Mutu could get the goals Romania would need to win this one given the derth in creative midfield players not seen since the Dumitrescu-Hagi days. :D Croatia - Belgium Pick : Belgium Croatia is quite simply too unpredictable a team to back at anything under 3/1! I haven't seen a decent Croatian side since the one that finished 3rd at France '98. Once again, Croatia seems to lack the firepower(ironically, Croatia's most illustrious names are its defensive lynchpins in the mould of Tudor, Kovac and Simic who ply their trades among Europe's finest :b ) required to convince me that they're well capable of breaking down a well-disciplined, resilient Belgian backline with the dependable De Vlieger in goal. It may be tough for the Belgians, but realistically it wouldn't be too much for them to edge out a narrow win here - especially if an in-form Wesley Sonck partnered by Emile Mpenza. Quite simply, I reckon this is another mistake on the part of the bookies with Belgium being priced as the underdogs. Poland - Hungary Pick : Hungary This is very much a 50-50 game IMO - hence, I don't see how Hungary can be priced at 3/1! Yes, quite a few players are out, but wasn't that the same when Hungary managed a draw away to Sweden in the early phase of Euro 2004 Qualifying? I certainly don't see anything so impressive about Poland that suggests they're odds on to win this one(a poor World Cup campaign adding to a shock defeat against Latvia and a hard-fought victory against the might of San Marino in Euro 2004 Qualifiers would do nothing to suggest the Poles could be backed at anything under evens). ;) Hungary might yet be another snip the bookies have overlooked. Italy - Finland Pick : Finland +1.5 Italy @ 1/5 to beat Finland? How on earth can Italy be backed @ 1/5 these days with that fantastic sod(is his name Trappatoni?) at the helm? With a system founded on the ancient 'contenaccio', a defence that looks no tighter than the Iraqi troops in disarray and a trainer whose methods are as ancient as Napoleon's, I don't see how Italy could do the Finns in by 2 goals despite them needing a win desperately! It would take a brave man to bank on Italy on the handicap IMO... :rollin

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 Thank you for the support edtkh, but I am afraid I am not as optimistic as you. For one thing, you seem to be forgetting that Romania also have good players going forward such as Ganea, Stoica and Mutu. There is also the factor of the pitch, which does not bode well for our passing style football (nor for Romania for that matter). I see a draw in this one. Btw - I saw an article yesterday in a Danish paper on the number of goals scored by the Danish international for their club teams. Start by looking at Ebbe Sand...

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 Rytter is indeed starting on right back, with Lovenkrands the surprise inclusion on the left wing due to a slight injury to Gronkjaer. I believe, but I could be wrong, that this will be Lovenkrands' first starting game for Denmark. Interesting stuff...

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin If you have the chance, do watch the highlights from Denmarks game in Romania. Amasing goal by Gravesen, hillarious defensive lapses in the Romanian defense, outrageous pitch. Good entertainment :)

Guest system13

Re: EURO 2004 Qual. Round on 29/30.03 Yeah,seems that those witches that Romanians called to help them out with their curses were from - Denmark.:lol :lol :lol