Sandown 2nd August Selections

Re: Sandown 2nd August Selections

Sport Horse Racing
Event Mymumsaysimthebest
Selection Sandown (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 02/08/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 8.00 (Back)
Reasoning With the 2nd place lto and the fourth from that race winning yesterday I will give this one a chance and oppose the fav here. Should be in the money and stands a decent chance of winning for me. Good jockey booking as well. Good luck!

Re: Sandown 2nd August Selections Not a lot catches the eye tonight. Reading thro the racing paper, Mr. R . Harris said that his best chance of a winner this wk would be "Misaro" which duly failed. He then goes on to mention " Beau Sancy in the 7.30 race, saying it will appreciate the drop back in trip . Now if this dont win/place he has a runner in the 8.05 which he DOESENT mention in the paper. ... Stranger things can happen.

Re: Sandown 2nd August Selections 7.30 Oceana Gold e.w opposition to the fav. Trainer seems very bullish about this one in the past and despite an under par run LTO it has solid form prior to that and looks a fair price 8.35 Dan Tucker e.w opposition to the fav. Some solid form before an underpar effort LTO but I totally forgive that as they went a ridiculous pace and that was a farce of a race. Looks a nice price.

Re: Sandown 2nd August Selections Quick one from me. Beau Sancy in the 19:30 Is in cracking form of late with 2 1st's and a 2nd in last 3 races.... has won on the ground and off a reasonable mark. Big price at 16's and one I'll be backing. GL (Oh by the way - just moved house up to Scotland so will be back on more frequent once broadband is up!) Haitch

Re: Sandown 2nd August Selections sorry guys i know its late 8.35 calzaghe this horse ran 5th behing hi calypso last time out over 2f shorter and was staying on, hi calypso won a group3 at goodwood today so at 7/1 this imo is a value e/way to nothing will love this extra trip hopefully :hope

8.20 zenerman fully expect it to win won lto good jock
No disrespect, mate, but could you please elaborate on your reasoning next time. With this horse (ran at Musselburgh btw:ok), you have picked the favourite without, IMHO, any concrete reason for backing it:- a) you fully expect it to win - why? b) won lto - and? but not on turf, and now off higher mark c) good jock - ? for me, there were at least 4 better jocks in this 9 runner race Sorry, not trying to be critical. I do appreciate you putting your thoughts on the thread but something with a bit more substance would be appreciated:ok

sorry guys i know its late 8.35 calzaghe this horse ran 5th behing hi calypso last time out over 2f shorter and was staying on, hi calypso won a group3 at goodwood today so at 7/1 this imo is a value e/way to nothing will love this extra trip hopefully :hope
ran 3rd came from way back might need even further,still nice e/way landed :ok