Confederations cup

Guest Green Moose

Guest deancreus

Re: holy fcuk Colombias winner :eek Wow what a goal from a centre half- one of my favourites on Championship Manager as well may I add, good old Yepes :lol

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: holy fcuk The All Whites keeper is a bit of a showman:D Has made a few class saves, and kept the score from being more like a cricket one.

Guest bcrazy

Re: Going with... Did Killen deserve to get sent off? Didn't see the game but am interested because he plays for Oldham- until we go bust that is :o

Guest scotpunt

france v nz surely the asian hcap on france (-2) is too good to be true ? 2.125 - NZ are woeful - any oposition to france banging at least 3 in ? - team news etc ?

france v nz scotpunt, don't be too sure mate. :p France's performances so far certainly do not make for impressive reading when you consider they only beat both Colombia and Japan by a single goal - and each time, there was a penalty awarded to them. ;) Make no mistake, they'd hammer NZ 5-0 easily if it was played as a Euro qualifier, but the fact that this is a meaningless tournament(in spite of them having their first team) would very much render the 2-goal handicap a bit too high. Guess I'll just stick to France for the win even though it's abit short - suggest you go for >2.5 if you fancy the value. :D

Guest andybud

Re: france v nz I watched the whole Colombia against New Zealand game and despite NZ taking a fluke lead, Colombia should really have buried them. In the last 10 minutes Colombia should have netted about 3/4 goals alone instead of the one that they did get. I went big on Coombia and am going VERY BIG on France here. Looking at the French squad they are all better than this NZ team and it doesnt relly matter who the French put out, they should win by a few goals. The team that France put out against Japan was weaker than the Colombia game and they still won. I think Henry may get more of a run out tonight (hopefully!) and with guys like Giuly, Dacourt, Silvestre, Wiltord, Govou and Cisse I just cant see then having ANY problems! The other main factor I feel is that this is France's first game in the Saint-Denis and there should be a full house (as usual). I always feel that teams play better infront of a bigger home crowd. Anyway I take the French to win this 2-0, 3-0 no matter what sort of side they put out.

Guest scotpunt

FRANCE V NZ also on the brit eurosport commentary they said th NZ squad were staying at the sme hotel and all went out on the piss after the loss to Columbia !- I watched this game also and columbia should have sored fa\r more - the NZ played a blinder. Also only a two day lead in for a game of this nature will surely add tt heir woes - I too am going BIG ! I see Bet365 have severly shortend the asian hcap odds also.

Guest andybud

Re: FRANCE V NZ A little O/T here but speaking of Eurosport - does anyone know if the France - New Zealand game is live tonight? or is it the Japan - Colombia game?

Guest scotpunt

france v nz has the french line up been anounced ? - I know NZ have been forced to make 3 changes (this shouldnt matter). Cmon Henry ! :b

Guest scotpunt

tv coverage I heard there showing the cbia v japan game then the france game in full at 10pm delayed which aint no use on uk eurosport.

Guest andybud

Re: tv coverage Bugger!!! >: Think I am just going to watch the Real Madrid game and stay away from the score, before watching it delayed at 10pm then.

Guest heniek31

Re: FRANCE V NZ Thats what is on home page of Hill so probably the one its going to be shown: TV Live Betting in Running : 22 June 2003 Japan V Colombia - Sun 20.00

Guest scotpunt

team news france v nz excellent heres the teams from frnech fa website - henry and cisse start ! Composition FRANCE : Mickaël Landreau Philippe Mexès Bixente Lizarazu Marcel Desailly (cap.) Lilian Thuram Ludovic Giuly Sylvain Wiltord Olivier Kapo Benoït Pedretti Thierry Henry Djibril Cissé Composition NOUVELLE-ZELANDE : Mike Utting Chris Zoring (cap.) Danny Hay Ryan Nelsen Gerard Davis Mark Burton Raf De Gregorio Simon Elliott Noah Hickey Vaughan Coveny Chris Bouckenooghe

Guest andybud

Re: team news france v nz Yeah when I seen those line-ups I put more on the French! :D They should / must / better win!!! :b Cant wait til 10pm to watch, am going to follow it online somewhere. C'mon the Frogs!!!

Guest scotpunt

france v nz just shopped around again - bookies must be shting it ! odds dropping dramatically once they see henry and cisse , surely cisse at least will be up for this asd he tries to prove he's the man ? and you certainly cant fault henry's attitude

Guest andybud

Re: france v nz Yeah it is time for Cisse to actually do something. I have been hearing for the last year how "good" this guy is, but every time I have seen him he has been rubbish. If he cant score tonight then he never will. And as for Henry, well lets hope he gets a hat-trick tonight :D

Guest andybud

Re: france v nz France [ 2 - 0 ] New Zealand 17' [ 1 - 0 ] Olivier Kapo 21' [ 2 - 0 ] Thierry Henry Oh yes!!!!! thansk for that one Henry :rollin Surely the game is over already? :hat

Guest Green Moose

Cameroons... ...again :lol USA v CAMEROON >2< 2.25 Well, its been looking so far like Cameroons are there to do some serious business, I hope they keep it up. viva la France :D

Guest toshibakid

hmm Only problem is that cameroon are already in the semis i think*!,They should win on ability,but will they be botherd ?

Guest heniek31

Re: hmm I have to agree with tosh and here are some wise words: "I have no automatic trust for the Cameroon side tomorrow. I know what they are capable of, but I also know how they have dealt with so called "indifferent" games in the past. They have already qualified for the semi final, and I distrust this talk about winning tomorrow, or draw, to avoid France in the semi final. Maybe I am an old relic, but I still remember how they were outclassed by Russia (0-4) in 1990, already through to the next stage of the World Cup. Their German coach has indicated that he has to reshuffle his team, as many of his players are exhausted. What is your reaction to that piece of information? The U S A players are mostly poor, but in true American way, they are giving all they can, and their attitude towards this final game against Cameroon is as optimistic as ever. " We are just happy to have this great chance of facing these big sides", or something like that, is the American stand point. The bookies seem to know all about the Cameroon attitude in previous games of less importance, or how do you else explain these prices? "

Guest Green Moose

Re: hmm Yea, no big stakes at that one. Looks like coach Wilfried Schaefer has bring dicipline and work-ethics to the Cameroons camp. Now I´m thinking raise the stakes :rollin Twisted situation They are in the semis allready thou, but I think that they wanna go with style. What am I gonna do :rollin Same as yesterday with France-2, how much how much :lol and it was tight till 80 min or so. Yeah, lets take medium this time and roll an another joint :D "Cameroon's German coach, Wilfried Schaefer, named his 23 players for the Confederations Cup, where the Indomitable Lions will face the United States for the first time. Schaefer's squad includes 12 holdovers from the 2002 World Cup, including six starters: defenders Rigobert Song, Bill Tchato, midfielders Marc Vivien Foe, Geremi Njitap and Salomon Olembe and forward Samuel Eto'o. The Lions will be right at home in France. Ten Cameroon players play for French clubs." USA´s coach: "''We think it's another important opportunity. We will play a somewhat different lineup than the first two games, but we will approach the game with a positive attitude and hope to get something out of it. I think these games are invaluable for us, and if we can show an improved performance in each and every game it has been a successful tournament for us. I don't worry about the wins right now, our objective is to prepare a new team for qualifying next year. When you have the opportunity to play Turkey, Brazil and Cameroon it can only benefit your players. We look forward to playing on Monday." (socceramerica.com)

Guest crowie1969

Re: hmm I have taken a small bet on Cameroon -0.25 on the AH at 2.05. US coach Arena admitted at the start of the tournament that their main focus was the Gold Cup in 2 weeks time and they are without a few first choice players. You may question the motives of Cameroon but what motives do the US have tonight? I watched Cameroon Turkey and was quite impressed with the Cameroon team, played with a good bit of pace, strength and they have some excellent players. How the game ended 1-0 with a last minute penalty I will never know as it looked like there was going to be plenty of goals based on first half play. Cameroon will have the incentive of winning the group and avoiding France, that to me is more incentive than what the quite limited US side will have. The US may have only lost by a goal in both games but they are not much of an attacking force IMO. I am quite happy to take the -0.25 AH bet as the worst I can see tonight is Cameroon getting a draw and I think the safety net of half stakes back is enough to tempt me into the bet.