Midweek South American WC 2006 quals value thread.

Matt

Venezuela V Argentina @ 1.57 (ladbrokes) last meeting - April 26th 2000 Venezuela 0-4 Argentina Last time Argentina went to Venezuela was 2000 in this competition and they won 4-0, quite why the bookies see git to give us 1.57 on them is beyond belief, Vene have improved but are no where near the standard of Argentina yet, Argetina will want a win after a disappointing draw v Chile and they have the stars to produce it, comfortable away win here. Paraguay V Uruguay @ 2.25 (coral) last meeting - April 26th 2000 Paraguay 1-0 Uruguay This is a great price IMO, although Uruguay started off with a 5-0 win Paraguay are a far far different side at home than they are away, last time round Paraguay were 7-0-0 at home :eek until they qualified then a couple of dodgy results appeared (not unexpected in SA), when you consider that a side that strong at home can be found at odds agaisnt for a game they won last time it appears the bookies have made an error. Most bookies are odds on, Paraguay at home at 5/4? I'd be tempted by that agaisnt Brazil and Argentina so I will definately get stuck in versus Uruguay.

Guest MattyNeth

Re: Midweek South American WC 2006 quals value thread. Matt - totally agree with you on the Argies. They are nailed on after their poor result against Chile

Guest BarrowMike

Argentina Have to say it looks good for an Argentina win - as long as the Argies can handle the pressure this time.:rolleyes Are Venezuela much worse than the weakened Chile team from Saturday? I'll have to have a think about putting much cash on them - not too sure I want to trust a team that let me down only a few days ago. But then, they do owe me, so maybe I will back them.:lol

Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Argentina I can't see anything other than and Argentina win and I have put on just the £50 on them at 1/2. Profit so far this season £174.63 - £50 = £124.63 Venezuela wins draws Argentina wins Total 0 0 6 2001/2002 World Cup Qual. CONMEBOL Argentina 5-0 Venezuela 28-03-2001 World Cup Qual. CONMEBOL Venezuela 0-4 Argentina 26-04-2000 1990/1991 Copa America Argentina 3-0 Venezuela 08-07-1991

Guest BarrowMike

The Argies Just looked on the Ladbrokes website, and their odds are 4/11. This makes me all the more tempted to go pretty big on the 4/7 :eek Chas Kendalls are offering.:D Come on you Argies!

Re: The Argies Good Job I got the 4/7 before I went bed last night, 4/11 now :eek :eek Even more confident now :D edit: just checked oddschecker and 1/3 is now a general price, gamebookers have even gone 1/4 :D Bookies running for cover from an old faahioned gamble, I love it :b

Guest BarrowMike

Come on, my sons! Looking great at the moment - 2-0 to the Argies. Aimar got the first. Shame my local bookie changed the price to 2/5 from 4/7.:rolleyes But, as long as they win, I'll be bloody delighted.:D Note to Argies : finish 'em, for God's sake finish 'em!

Re: Re Nice Venezuela 0-3 Argentina. :D Dont think we will see 4/7 on the argies to beat Venezuela again for some time, ridiculous price, really was. Bookies got what they deserved :) Just Paraguay to do the business for me now :) expected sides.... PARAGUAY: Justo Villar, Francisco Arce, Carlos Gamarra, Julio César Cáceres, Paulo Da Silva - Carlos Bonet, Julio César Enciso, Carlos Humberto Paredes, Jorge Campos - Roque Santa Cruz, José Cardozo. URUGUAY: Gustavo Munuá, Christian González, Diego López, Alejandro Lago, Richard Núñez, Marcelo Sosa, Martín Ligüera, Alvaro Recoba, Javier Chevantón, Carlos Bueno, Diego Forlán.

Guest BarrowMike

Get in! That's the kinda bet I like, 3-0 up at half time. It was cigar time after that really.:smokin Now onto Wednesday, a fair bit of choice with so many Euro games as well. Cheers for the original tip, Matt - don't think I would have trusted the Argies with my cash without a pretty sure prediction or two. Great start to the week, but who to back next? Decisions, decisions.

Guest BarrowMike

Brazil - Ecuador I've also found myself wondering about backing Brazil tonight - can see little else worth risking much money on, even with so many European matches. Does anyone have any team news/info for this game? It would be greatly appreciated, as I'm tempted, even by 1/5, if it will be a walkover. Cheers.

Re: Brazil - Ecuador I didnt put it down in my analysis but surely Brazil wil not have problems toinight, they still have there full strength side out there and Ecuador's away form doesnt compare with them at home. The rivalry is also so intense between Brazil and Argentina that because Argentina won last night Brazil will be desperate to do the same and go top of the group. Can only see a comfortable home win when you look at all the facts. I have considered putting Brazil in with Spain in a big double on tonights football.

Guest BarrowMike

Brazil It kicks off at 01:45 (British time), denisl. Decided not to bet myself tonight, but will be keeping an eye on all the games. Paraguay are 3-1 up after 60+ mins - looks like another good pick from Matt. Bolivia battered Columbia 4-0 before as well.:eek