** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pop Quiz (part XXXI) - Call, Raise, Shove or Fold

robilaruk

Pop Quiz (part XXXI) - Call, Raise, Shove or Fold  

1. 1.

• Call
    • Raise
    • Shove
    • Fold

Thought I would post up a MTT hand for a change - basically I was blind stealing with position on the button and got called - so what my play after the SB checks and the BB bets? If you think raise then how much, or should I just shove? Thanks Damo ***** Hand 686184015 ***** 300.00/600.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 15 July 2007 20:49:40 $1,000 GTD REBUY (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: Gregger (6003.00) Seat 2: P1ngu (9391.00) Seat 3: robilaruk (13914.00) BUTTON Seat 4: ericistres (4392.00) SMALL BLIND Seat 5: toncker (8250.00) BIG BLIND Seat 6: Podvodnik (12145.00) Seat 7: regal filte (11900.00) Seat 8: oli88 (15160.00) Seat 9: JasDeuchar (25067.00) Seat 10: benlenanar (1560.00) ericistres post SB 300.00 toncker post BB 600.00 ** Deal ** robilaruk [Qs, 5s] *** Bet Round 1 *** Podvodnik Fold regal filte Fold oli88 Fold JasDeuchar Fold benlenanar Fold Gregger Fold P1ngu Fold robilaruk Raise to 1500.00 ericistres Call 1500.00 toncker Call 1500.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [Jh, 7d, Qc] *** Bet Round 2 *** ericistres Check toncker Bet 1200.00 Hero?

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXI) - Call, Raise, Shove or Fold I guess I would push it back since if he calls your re-raise, he won't fold after that. Also he might even fold the best hand here since you've shown strength pre-flop.. I'm not a good mtt player though..

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXI) - Call, Raise, Shove or Fold

Are you still in the rebuy period? I presume not because of the blind levels but it's an important factor that would influence my choice of play.
no rebuy is long gone - have been fairly solid since the rebuy had about 6K and blinds were 100/200 with a 20 ante and doubled up with KK about 10 mins ago (a whole level) - so I have now been using my new chip stack a bit to bully and pick up the blinds with position or with marginal hands i don't mind a call with to see a flop (A8, KJ etc), so they might see me as a bit loose perhaps? cheers Damo

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXXI) - Call, Raise, Shove or Fold Your move here is dependant on your read on the other player, weak leads into a pfr are often weak hands. If he's your average internet player I'd have him on a pp 77-99 or something like J8s could even have Q8 and have you dominated. Your action is either to push or fold as raising will probably commit you to a shove from toncker, calling is an option to reevaluate the turn but you leave yourself vunrable to the better player. The answer lies in whether you think that you can get your money in in a better spot or want to take a gamble with TPNK.