Possible Bigtime Bookie mistake on Mali V Kenya

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Ok here's the deal. As you probably know Mali are 4/5 to beat Kenya tomorrow. Therefore you would expect their strikeforce to be priced pretty low for the first goal. Here is a paragraph I got off the BBC preview which clearly states that Mail will have a strkeforce of Fredrik Kanoute and Mohammad Laimie Sissoko. ___________________________________________ Mali go into the game as the favourites with coach Henri Stambouli confirming to BBC Sport that he will be calling on his new strike force of Freddi Kanoute and Lamine Sissoko to unlock the Kenyan defence. _______________________________________________ The link to this article is as follows : news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/...428285.stm Now, the bookies seem to know absolutely nothing about Mr Sissoko as PaddyPower have priced him at 12/1 to score first. Hills have him at 9/1 to score first and Sporting Odds have him at 11/1 to score first. Now unless someone has information that there is somthing physically wrong with him, this seems like a bigtime mistake on the part of the bookies. So my advice is get your money on before 12.30pm today when the team news is announced and hope that Kanoute is not too ball greedy for the first goal. I have gone big on him to score both the first goal at 12/1 in Paddies and to score in the game at 3/1 in Paddies. Even though the article clearly says that he will be playing as striker, I know nothing whatsoever about Mali Football and all I know on this occassion has been got from the BBC. Don't blame me if M L Sissoko turns out to be the goalie for Mali.:rollin Anyway Good luck if you chose to follow the path of Sissoko. Cheers BB

Re: Possible Bigtime Bookie mistake on Mali V Kenya nicked this from another forum, it says Mr. Sissoko is a midfielder playing for Valencia. I haven't watched any Valencia matches for a while but perhaps someone will enlighten us about his qualities: MALI Coach: ? Captain: ? GK: Mahamadou Sidibe (Aegaleo, Greece), Fousseiny Tangara (Mantes-la-Ville, France), Cheick Oumar Bathily (Djoliba). DF: Souleymane Diamoutene (Perugia, Italy), Sammy Traore (Nice, France), Adama Coulibaly (RC Lens, France), Fousseiny Diawara (Laval, France), Ibrahim Thiam (Istres, France), Mamary Traore (Grenoble, France) Alassane Toure (FC Schaffhausen, Switzerland). MF: David Coulibaly, Djibril Sidibe (both Chateauroux, France), Mahamadou Diarra (Olympique Lyon, France) Seydou Keita (RC Lens, France), Bassala Toure (Athinaikos, Greece), Mohamed Lamine Sissoko (Valencia, Spain), Soumaila Coulibaly (SC Freiburg, Germany). FW: Frederic Kanoute (Tottenham Hotspur, England), Abdoulaye Demba (Eendracht Aalst, Belgium), Mamady Sidibe (Gillingham, England), Janvier Abouta (Djoliba), Dramane Traore (Ismaili, Egypt). Speaking about forwards, Kanoute is obviously OK, this Demba guy plays for an average team in Belgium's 2 Div and I have no idea about Sidibe from the Gills. Perhaps Sissoko will play up front anyway?

Guest easypunter

mali - kenya Mali Team News Mali had mostly well known European based players in their team. Tottenham striker Frederic Kanoute, Mamadou Sidibe from Gillingham and Demba from Belgium club Aalst will be the forward. Diarra (Lyon), Soumaila Coulibaly (Freiburg) and Sissoko (Valencia) will play in midfield. In defence, Mali has Diamountene (Perugia), Traore (Nice), Adama Coulibaly (Lens). Diawara and Bassala Toure are some of the french based players available too. Mali also has Seydou Keita, player of the tournament as the country's under-20 side came third at the World Championships 5 years ago. Bassala Toure who is the only surivor from the team that played in Tunisia 1994 will provide the experience. The coach had revealed some of his plan. Bassala Toure and Seydou Keita will play from the flanks. Kanoute and Sissoko will be the forward, Kenya Team News kenya does not had any well known players in their rank. They had some players playing in Belgium Jupiter and Swedish Superettan (2nd) League.The others play in South African or local clubs. John Baraza, Mike Okoth, Dennis Oliech, James Omondi, Maurice Sunguti are some of the better known players available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mali is ranked 51st by FIFA. In the qualifying round, they recorded W4 D1 L1 F8 A1. They had the same point as Zimbawee but qualified due to their better goal difference. Kenya is ranked 76th by FIFA. They recorded W4 D1 L1 F9 A2 in the qualifying round that include Togo, Tanjung Verde and Mauritania. I had no knowledge of African Cup or African soccer. But Mali had many good European based players that played regular competitive games. Kenya had no well known players. They had some players piling their trade in Europe. But the Belgium and Sweden league is not as comepetitive as in England, Spain or France. Mali is also a regular in the African Cup while Kenya had not been qualified for the Cup for the past 12 years. Mali experience in the African Cup and their experience European players will provide the edge they needed to win an inexperience Kenya team. At -1/2 only, Back Mali to win.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Possible Bigtime Bookie mistake on Mali V Kenya Thanks guys, I am trying to keep up with the posts in both the Britain and International forum as I posted the thread in each because of its relevance. I am delighted to see that Mongoose and I were not the only ones who had bet on good old Sissoko. I am delighted that we have managed to really screw the bookmakers completely on this occasion. :clap :clap :clap :clap