World Matchplay Darts

Re: World Matchplay Darts

"but the way Wade played when the going got tough against Priestley yesterday was excellent " LOL yeah sure missing countless doubles for the match is really playing well when goiing gets tough. He's going to get pasted by King today.
The fact is he scored very heavily to allow himself so many chances at the doubles. A little bit like he's doing today as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one for me on the prices today. Am already on Lewis at 11/2 for tonight. 10pts J.Wade to beat M.King 9/5 Sporting Odds James Wade comes into this match very overpriced IMO. It won't be easy to beat a Mervyn King who has lost only 8 legs in the competition to date but the way Wade played when the going got tough against Priestley yesterday was excellent I thought. He'll be much better suited by Merv's flowing style and while he'll have to be at his best to tame the King signs are that form might not be far away. Wade's a solid competitor who is massively overpriced here in a match I think could quite easily go to extra legs.
Great shout. King played and scored in particularly poorly but credit to Wade who has got better each round.

Great shout. King played and scored in particularly poorly but credit to Wade who has got better each round.
Cheers mate. Just had a feeling the quicker rhythm would help Wade who isn't in the top 10 of the order of merit for nothing so 9/5 was a crazy price really and had to be chanced.

Re: World Matchplay Darts Comfortable win for Wade this afternoon. Fairly confident with Lewis tonight and will try this one too. 10pts P.Taylor vs R.Scholten Over 11.5 180s 8/11 Blue Square We've got 2 fairly prolific 180 scorers going head to head tonight and Blue Square have got their line wrong. Most go 12.5 as the line with others as high as 14.5 so 11.5 180's in a wrong line. Scholten has nailed plenty of 180s in this competition so far - 16 in fact and Taylor has hit 10. This match is the best of 31 legs and while I don't see it going all the way, the 2 Premier League meetings between these 2 suggests it could go 16-11, 16-12 and beyond. We should get 25 legs at least and that's plenty of time for 12 maximums.

Re: World Matchplay Darts I expect Taylor will be too strong for Jenkins. As improved as Jenkins is, Taylor most probably will have to have an off day for Jenkins to have a chance if this week is anything to go by. Wade v Lewis could be more interesting. There is a lot at stake with the winner putting themselves in with a great chance of a Premier league spot next year. Wade has got better as the tournament has gone on and is starting to show the form that got him to the final last year whilst Lewis is having the tournament of his life. However I do not think there is as much in it as the bookies make out. 5/2 looks too big for Wade and even if Lewis is favourite I do not make him that much of a favourite. As well as Lewis played last night he did miss a lot of doubles (checkout rate under 30%) and at 5/2 I will side with Wade as a value bet.

Re: World Matchplay Darts Semi final night and Wade is way too big here. Think Jenkins will put up a bit of a fight against Taylor too. 10pts J.Wade to beat A.Lewis 5/2 Corals Adrian Lewis played the game of his life last night and one of the best games I've ever seen in beating world champion Raymond van Barneveld and is priced accordingly here however we've seen it many times in the past when a player has beaten Phil Taylor and then with all the euphoria and sense of achievement that goes with it that player then loses his next game. I feel this could well happen to Lewis who is still pretty inexperienced and young after all. James Wade has improved by the game and has gone along almost unnoticed really. He looked very assured yesterday against a potentially dangerous opponent and unlike his younger opponent has been to a major semi final before. Wade seems to enjoy this stage and I think he can claim a spot in his 2nd matchplay final in 2 years. 10pts T.Jenkins +7.5 legs to beat P.Taylor 8/11 Paddy Power Terry Jenkins has played solid darts throughout this tournament and I feel he has a real big match in him. He's now made 3 major PDC finals but is yet to win one so will want to see off Phil Taylor here and go to his 1st final against someone outside the big 2. Jenkins has matched Taylor before having been 4 sets all with him in the Grand Prix final and narrowly losing 8-6 in their 1st Premier League clash. He's taken 2 beatings since then however but I think he's playing well enough to win 10 legs tonight. I'm going to forget the Premier League final between the two because Jenkins went through a lot in his semi final on the same night and I always feel when semi finals and finals are on the same night the 2nd semi winner has an edge. Phil Taylor has only lost 9 legs in this tournament so far but he's started slowish in 2 of his matches and hasn't really produced that amazing burst of scoring and devastating finishing we are used to. Jenkins isn't one of these players that Taylor has beat before they go on stage and while I expect Taylor to win, Jenkins is solid enough to grab 10 legs.

Re: World Matchplay Darts I quite fancy this: Lewis v Wade Under 13.5 180's @ 1.85 (bwin argh!!) (im sure better odds elsewhere) Both players are playing well and are scoring freely, however this is the semi's and both will be a bit more nervous than usual as they aren't used to being in this position. I also feel that achieving 14 180's in a race to 17 legs will be very hard to do. :hope

I quite fancy this: Lewis v Wade Under 13.5 180's @ 1.85 (bwin argh!!) (im sure better odds elsewhere) Both players are playing well and are scoring freely, however this is the semi's and both will be a bit more nervous than usual as they aren't used to being in this position. I also feel that achieving 14 180's in a race to 17 legs will be very hard to do. :hope
Total of 11 180's = :beer A bit fortunate as Wade was outstanding and thrashed Lewis which resulted in fewer legs being played. Good call on Wade Kev :ok

I expect Taylor will be too strong for Jenkins. As improved as Jenkins is, Taylor most probably will have to have an off day for Jenkins to have a chance if this week is anything to go by. Wade v Lewis could be more interesting. There is a lot at stake with the winner putting themselves in with a great chance of a Premier league spot next year. Wade has got better as the tournament has gone on and is starting to show the form that got him to the final last year whilst Lewis is having the tournament of his life. However I do not think there is as much in it as the bookies make out. 5/2 looks too big for Wade and even if Lewis is favourite I do not make him that much of a favourite. As well as Lewis played last night he did miss a lot of doubles (checkout rate under 30%) and at 5/2 I will side with Wade as a value bet.
Well I got Wade right and he played superb darts but total congratulations to Terry Jenkins. As well as he has been playing I never quite believed he could be beat the Power but well done Terry and we should get a good final now:clap

Re: World Matchplay Darts Final tonight and should be a good one. Both players are in top form and there should not be much between them. Marginally at the prices I will take Wade who is the slight underdog with the bookies. He played amazing darts last night and looks to have peaked at the right time. I just hope it is a good one.

Great Call on Wade Kev.....
Good call on Wade Kev :ok
Cheers guys. Much more of the same tonight I think. 10pts J.Wade to beat T.Jenkins 11/8 Skybet James Wade produced a stunning display of darts last night in beating Adrian Lewis 17-7. His scoring was good and his finishing was impeccable and 009 looks to be hitting his straps at exactly the right time. Like last night, Wade finds himself playing a guy who has beaten one of the big 2 last time out although Terry Jenkins is probably level headed enough to not let that trouble him. We saw last year that a major final doesn't affect Wade when he shot off into an 8-5 lead against Taylor so I don't expect Wade to freeze on the big stage. Jenkins is playing well now, he's claimed the mantle of no3 in the world and has just beaten Taylor for the 1st time. Pressure's on tonight though as for the 1st time in his life he's the favourite in a world final. We've got 2 solid players here but Wade looks in real good nick and at a huge 11/8 he's the call in a final which I wouldn't be surprised if it required extra legs to settle.

Re: World Matchplay Darts Aye was a good turnaround in here this week. Well done to all who picked some winners. Wade thoroughly deserved that title for me and will be interesting to see if he can go on from here because he's clearly very talented.