AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th)

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Staker is injured, as is Nicoski. Although could be debatable as to whether they are in the best. Staker is on form this year and Nicoski going by what I've seen of him before his injury last year. Edit: It looks like Ricciuto is injured again. Something to do with ankle/shin.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Top round analysis again Crisp :clap:clap:clap I watched a quarter and a half of the Adelaide/Saints game and thought how far Adelaide as they were running in 3's and 4's and thought it would be a matter of how far. Was swapping between Australia Asian Cup match and Crows/Saints game, and great effort by the Saints to get over the line. I put it down to the Telstra dome factor. I am going down to the Geelong/Collingwood game with Ads25 today, so will be able to see for myself just how good this Geelong team is :dude

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Yep. Officially very upset I didn't jump on that 2.20 when I saw it first... ...Also kinda pissed off I missed the Geelong/Pies total. Was at a family function, and couldn't get to the net. Was prepared to take under 179, so hopefully that wasn't available! :( (PS. don't wanna know if it was!) Dogs v. Essendon over 226 (Effectively 1.91) 206-225 as a saver. Wanted over 209, will take the risk here. 6 of last 9 meetings gone over 226 @ 230.33...just one below 206. No Fletcher, McVeigh (mcVay??!) Essendon backline very thin, Doggies backline always thin! Lloyd (who missed the 125-147 shootout last season) and Lucas will kick goals...Johnson should run riot. Just can't see much defense in this one. Brisbane v. Melbourne under 185.5 (1.80) saver 186-205... Just like the extra security here. (UNDER 193.5 @ 1.91 available)... ...but should be low scoring. Brisbane been quite good defensively at home all season...last 5 just can't score (shot every 2.08 entries)...for jus 75 ppg...skewed a bit by the Geelng game in the wet, but games of 146 v. Ricmond and 167 v. Doggies (home) still make lot of sense. Melbourne av just 47 I50's for the season. Nietz out hurts massively. Robbo not 100%. Just figures to be a slow, mistake ridden game, imo. Good value with a high number.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Went down to the G today to watchCollingwood take on the league leaders geelong and it was a great game in front of over 85,000 plus people. Three pivotial things from my point of view that allowed Geelong to get away with a 16 point win.. One - Matthew Scarlett Gave Anthony Rocca a bath and continually gave Geelong great drive out of defence and set up many goals for Geelong. Collingwood would have been better off if Rocca got suspended for 3 weeks. He may as well not have played. Two - Decision making Collingwood's decision making was not as effective as Geelongs. Many times the Pies turned it over which resulted in Geelong goals. The Cat's pressure was the reason why. Whereas the Cats performed well under the Magpie's pressure. Three - The Ruck Everytime Josh Fraser went out of the ruck for Collingwood the Cats were dominant. All in all it was a fair effort by the Pies to take it up to Geelong who are now 3 games clear on top. The Cats showed they are the real deal by playing top football on a grand stage. Collingwood were within reach all day but Geelong were always a 2 goal better team on the day. Collingwood can learn much from this game and now play a few teams down the bottom of the ladder. Taza may be able to provide the marks inside 50, but Geelong must have had 3 times as many marks inside 50. The only effective forward for Collingwood was Travis Cloke.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Been waiting for you, Bjv... :D No stats yet, but just watching the game, I got the feel (as I'm sure you did)... ...(despite the urging of Michael Christian, who has quickly become the most annoyingly bias commentator in the business!!! @) ...that Collingwood were never really in it. Geelong's defense is unbelievably good... Yes, Chriso...Geelong av about 140 points and have only scored 80 today, but what's your point? 1) It's outdoors. 2) They aren't playing Richmond. 3) They are still winning the game, with 6 extra shots and barely raising a sweat doing so. Geelong/Sydney GF. ;) On a brighter (and far more important!) note...Dogs look pretty bloody likely to play finals now! :tongue2

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Was at the game with Beejayville yesterday and was an enjoyable game. The 3 hours during the game yesterday will be the only time im a Collingwood fan for the year but was barracking hard for them, would of been great to see them get up. They played well, but Geelong were just too good. Everytime the Pies came back at them, the Cats had an answer. It was amazing how every time there was a pack of players around a ball that a Geelong player would get the ball out and every single time there was a loose Geelong player to receieve it. Thats the sign of a fantastic team, it reminded me of St Kilda during the 2004-06 seasons. With West Coast now looking down and out, its hard to see any teams capable of stopping Geelong. They are 3 games ahead of anyone else and are on absolute fire

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Oh, and I forgot to thank the Brisbane and Melbourne players who somehow managed 10 goals in the last 12 minutes to tur a good looking winner into a pretty bloody amazing loss!! From Aaron Davey's gift from a kick in to Brown's goal with 4 seconds left, it was a total ****ing joy to watch... :@:@

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Yeah, there wasn't a goal scored in the second qtr till something like three minutes to go, then kicked three. On 152 pace at half time so not surprised you're pleased about donating the notional $10k on that one Taza.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Haha...You can definately count me out of moving lines if that's how much it takes mate ;) Hawthorn/Richmond over 201.5 (1.76 with a 181-201 saver) Too hungover to type...

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th)

Been waiting for you, Bjv... :D No stats yet, but just watching the game, I got the feel (as I'm sure you did)... ...(despite the urging of Michael Christian, who has quickly become the most annoyingly bias commentator in the business!!! @) ...that Collingwood were never really in it. Geelong's defense is unbelievably good... Yes, Chriso...Geelong av about 140 points and have only scored 80 today, but what's your point? 1) It's outdoors. 2) They aren't playing Richmond. 3) They are still winning the game, with 6 extra shots and barely raising a sweat doing so. Geelong/Sydney GF. ;) On a brighter (and far more important!) note...Dogs look pretty bloody likely to play finals now! :tongue2
Geelong has got a great defence, but it is a settled defence and has been for many weeks. Any team with a settled defence with quality experienced players is going to play well. Take both Scarlett and Harley or Egan both out of that defence and see what difference it makes. Pies didn't really have anyone to hold Geelong's key forwards. Throw a fit All Australian full back in Clement, and a strong Key defender in Prestigiacomo and I am sure they could easily make the 16 point difference up. You yourself said Geelong would win by 5 goals, and they only won by 2 3/4 goals, so are they slipping in form in your view? Or are Collingwood lifting? Let's put it into context. Geelong are a very good side, but they more or less have their best side playing at the moment, so they are entitled to win. Who do they have out? Nathan Ablett and Rooke? Who is going to improve more between now and September? Geelong or Collingwood? The Pies inexperienced defence has played well in recent weeks, but was clearly shown up yesterday as it was against Hawthorn, but only by 16 points by a team that is 3 games clear on the ladder. To say the Pies were never in it was a bit rough, they got to within a goal or so in the last quarter, and only lost by 16 points. Geelong won in every area of the game to be honest and still only won by over 2 goals. I don't think Geelong could play any better than they did yesterday, but I know Collingwood can. Scarlett had a blinder, so did Ablett, Corey, Enright, Johnson, most of them. We held Geelong to 12 goals with no key defenders playing. When we get our key defenders back we are going to have a better defence. If the Cats lose key players before or during the finals then it will be a different ball game. Finals is a different ball game anyway. Considering Rocca barely got a touch yesterday, Geelong should have beaten us by a lot more than 16 points. If Rocca kicks 3 goals we win. Malthouse will learn by this and if Geelong happen to meet Pies in a final it will be Collingwood who will be better off, cos has to be a better effort than it was today, and Geelong have to maintain that effort. As for the Doggies, great effort without West, and considering they have no Cross.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Carlton have had yet another 10 goal loss. Here is a staggering stat, under Denis Pagans rein Carlton have had more 10 goal losses than wins and he has been at the club 5 years. Wayne Brittain lasted at Carlton for 2 years before getting sacked, Pagan has been at Carlton for 5 years and won 3 spoons and one 2nd bottom, and looks like getting another this year. How this prick is avoiding being sacked is beyond me..

Let's put it into context. Geelong are a very good side, but they more or less have their best side playing at the moment, so they are entitled to win. Who do they have out? Nathan Ablett and Rooke? Who is going to improve more between now and September? Geelong or Collingwood? The Pies inexperienced defence has played well in recent weeks, but was clearly shown up yesterday as it was against Hawthorn, but only by 16 points by a team that is 3 games clear on the ladder.
Totally agree with this statement. Collingwood didnt play poorly yesterday, far from it. Some of their decision making going forward was poor, but they were undermanned with their best two backmen out and kept coming at the Cats who were full strength. Both these clubs are renowned finals chokers, but if both clubs were playing each other at full strength in the finals i think id have my money on Collingwood.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) If I thought Geelong would win by 5 goals I would have taken them -10.5 ;) ok, ok...Thy were in it...but never, ever going to win it. Very defensive these Collingwood ferals aren't they!

Overall Standings
# Team P W L D For Agt % Pts
1 Geelong 15 12 3 0 1658 1090 152.1 48
2 Hawthorn 15 10 5 0 1412 1210 116.7 40
3 Kangaroos 15 10 5 0 1398 1379 101.4 40
4 West Coast 15 9 6 0 1321 1230 107.4 36
5 Port Adelaide 15 9 6 0 1505 1430 105.2 36
6 Collingwood 15 9 6 0 1360 1298 104.8 36
7 W.Bulldogs 15 9 6 0 1572 1544 101.8 36
8 Sydney 15 8 7 0 1319 1152 114.5 32
9 Adelaide 15 8 7 0 1245 1093 113.9 32
10 Essendon 15 8 7 0 1507 1549 97.29 32
11 St Kilda 15 7 8 0 1192 1301 91.62 28
12 Brisbane 15 6 8 1 1280 1334 95.95 26
13 Fremantle 15 6 9 0 1467 1455 100.8 24
14 Carlton 15 4 11 0 1536 1983 77.46 16
15 Melbourne 15 3 12 0 1267 1597 79.34 12
16 Richmond 15 1 13 1 1304 1698 76.8 6

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Amazing to see Kangaroos up in 3rd position and a game ahead of West Coast who are 4th. Also Fremantle in the bottom 4 :loon After Round 15 every one has played everyone exactly once now, so hands up who predicted the Kangaroos would be 3rd and Freo in 4th last position come Round 15 before the season started

If I thought Geelong would win by 5 goals I would have taken them -10.5 ;) ok, ok...Thy were in it...but never, ever going to win it. Very defensive these Collingwood ferals aren't they!
You never know if Joffa is lurking Taza :rollin Watched a replay of the Pies/Cats game, and Geelong looked better on TV :loon The Pies are going to have to improve quite a bit to beat them. If the Cats can keep the same team on the park for the finals then they are in great shape. They have a super defence, very good midfield, and key forwards, perfect ingredient for September.

Re: AFL Football - Round 15 (July 13th - July 15th) Mate...I think it goes without saying that I've never seen you and Joffa in the same room... ;) You sure he doesn't have a blonde wig, ads? :lol Bring on Saturday!!...fair chance I'll want to slep thru the Friday night game. :(

Was at the game with Beejayville yesterday and was an enjoyable game. The 3 hours during the game yesterday will be the only time im a Collingwood fan for the year but was barracking hard for them' date=' would of been great to see them get up.[/quote']Obviously you've gone there in bjv's car, ads. Taza, you might be wise timing your hangover for Saturday morning this time.