** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July

14:00 - Wightgar (40/1) This is quite possibly the worst race on form I have ever seen. How any of them can justify favourtism is a mystery. I will def be laying the jolly if anything near 2/1. This leaves some big prices available and I would not be surprised to see a big priced winner here. Just a question of finding the right one. I have gone through the runners and there are major negatives over almost all runners. One with slightly less negatives is my selection of Wightgar. Has only run the once and that was on the AW at Lingers, over 1m4f. The inrunning comments are as follows. "steadied start, in rear, ridden over 4f out, outpaced and no chance over 2f out". This to me says that it was a couple of furlongs too far and todays drop in trip to 1m2f will suit. Contary to the Racingposts analysis, I do not this the pedigree is too bad. Comes from the useful Carisbrooke who has run twice at todays distance winning one and coming 2nd in the other. Sorry for waffling :lol Haitch

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July 16.30 Yarmouth - Magic Amigo (f'c' 12/1) Looking at the stats provided at the Racing Post website, Magic Amigo figures very well under Topspeed & RPR according to the going. I think the ground is key and gives this horse at least a good chance to place. :hope

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Horse Name: Liani Racecourse: Yarmouth Time: 3.00 Brisbourne has a profitable record here with 2 winners from 9 runners, yet to hit form he sends just 2 runners out today with Liani being his best chance although I do like the look of Desert Hawk in the last but my money will be on this one. Ran well to finish 2nd LTO in similar conditions and this won't take much winning. 3/1 Horse Name: Mugeba Racecourse: Yarmouth Time: 3.30 Finished well LTO at Newmarket to lose its maiden tag in an apprentice handicap, only 4lb up in the ratings she escapes a penalty for that win due to the fact it was an apprentice race and can follow up today. 11/2 Horse Name: Spring City Racecourse: Yarmouth Time: 4.00 Interesting that Dettori, 20%SR at the track, has just the one ride here despite Godolphin having two runners at the track. Beaten by just 3/4 of a length in both starts he can repay his disappointing followers with Dawn Sky in the forecast. 5/4

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Well Haitch has sucked me into this race also and I'll have a minimum stake on the top weight Black Wadi. Tongue tied for the first time and Quinn doesnt do too bad here with a 34%sr. Dropped in trip it could be anything but Ill have a nibble at a big price for a place. :hope

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Yarmouth 3pm - Wicksy Creek - Must admit to not knowing much about this horse, but a friend of mine who is very heavyly into his racing has texted me today to tell me to back this horse today, So I am putting a few pounds on it but I don't know where he got this info from so please take it onboard at your own risk. GL

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Lets have a go at the 2.00 as well... For me Laurentian Lad - Should come on for debut run which was a fairly good race in comparison to todays. That has thrown up a couple of winners since and some half decent place efforts from others. 20/1 = small e/w nibble

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Well to be honest i think the Yarmouth Card is very below par this afternoon. but this is all on offer for the punters i would say keep the money in your pockets for tonight.. I will not be playing this afternoon, all my selections come tonight, but if was backing any horse's at Yarmouth i wanted to play it would have to be the Luca Cumani trained "WHAT A REASON" has been crying out for this softer surface, and the last run when finishing sixth i think can be disregarded,he gets his stable jockey Nicky Mackey in the plate and he does have a slim chance of upsetting the big guns in the race.The horse is 4lb down in the BHB,and has a respectable rating to win off, but i would advise a each play on this at odds of 8/1. Also on the card there is a seller, not the most enterprising race to get involved in, but if the money comes hard for Mark Brisbourne's "Liani" i would think of having a play, as i do know two partnerships that are going to place a bid on this horse and they are well connected. GL for today Wups

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July 15.00 Yarmouth – Liani (WIN) 4.33 @ Paddypower Promising start on its first outing, finishing 2nd at Windsor in 6f over good to soft ground. Should be able to cope with the condition this afternoon, takes a drop in class too. Great chance to lose maiden status today.

15.00 Yarmouth – Miss Willoughby (E/W) 5.50 @ Paddypower Has posted a win and a 3rd place already this season on soft and good to soft ground. The win actually came on this very course, although it was over 7f. I don’t think the drop down to 6f will cause the horse too many problems. Finally this is another horse that like the mud and should favour conditions this afternoon.

15.30 Yarmouth – Mugeba (WIN) 3.25 @ Paddypower Has done C, D, C&D. Comes into this race in just superb form. Seems to absolutely love the soft/heavy conditions we’re currently enduring. Won well last time out, runs off the same mark this afternoon, over the same trip. Great chance for two in a row – although sister act will be an obvious danger.

15.30 Yarmouth – What a treasure (E/W) 8.00 @ Paddypower If the two hot favourites fail to fire on all cylinders, this horse could well find itself in contention. Another of my selections that’s geared towards the ground – What a treasure is yet another mud monkey. Won another grade 5 race in Leicester last month on soft ground, yet the horse goes off a lower mark this time around.

16.30 Yarmouth – Danzare (E/W) 9.00 @ paddypower Well weighted, has won over this trip, and seems to perform well here at Yarmouth. Has enjoyed the good to soft ground so far this year, hopefully the soft ground will work in its favour. Difficult to pick an out and out winner here…

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Sporting odds may have made an error offering 3 times the price than the other bookies on HALFWAYTOPARADISE in the 3.30 race today. They are offering 150/1, yes thats 150/1 whereas the others have it as thier outsider at 50/1. Racing over the straight 7furlongs, a high draw is normally slightly favoured, anything coming to the low side normally loses any chance. Drawn 12 of 13, that is 1 positive for the horse. Its form on ground easier than good reads 2-3-2-2-5-2 therefore i dont see a problem with the ground conditions. It has not won in 19 attempts but has been placed 6 times (over 30% of races). At the price, i just believe there are more positives than negatives for a total outsider.

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July

Their asking for 680 on betfair .
:eek someone thinks it cant win then! i'm playing up some EW chances as i dont fancy many favs today 2.00 Best One 10/1 2.30 Queen Be 20/1 3.00 Liani 7/2 3.30 Black Sea Pearl 16/1 / Halfwaytoparadise 150/1! 4.00 Feeling 6/1 4.30 Magic Amigo 16/1 5.00 Dance world 10/1 1pt ew on all selections

SportHorse Racing
Event15.00 Yarmouth
SelectionMiss Willoughby (place) (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date05/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.38 (Lay)
ReasoningMiss Willoughby has had a quite a few runs recently and do believe this will be one too many. Last time out he finished 3rd of 10 when given every chance but had nothing to offer. I dont believe the horse can improve and dont believe it will be placed today.

Re: Yarmouth ~ Thursday 5th July Sorry guys, just seen the result:eyes , didn't even place. i will be more carefull about forwarding information for my firned in the future.

Yarmouth 3pm - Wicksy Creek - Must admit to not knowing much about this horse' date=' but a friend of mine who is very heavyly into his racing has texted me today to tell me to back this horse today, So I am putting a few pounds on it but I don't know where he got this info from so please take it onboard at your own risk. GL[/quote']

Sorry guys' date=' just seen the result:eyes , didn't even place. i will be more carefull about forwarding information for my firned in the future.[/quote'] No need to apologise mate. Plenty of money for it this morning ,so would say it was fancied. Better luck next time. :ok

Sporting odds may have made an error offering 3 times the price than the other bookies on HALFWAYTOPARADISE in the 3.30 race today. They are offering 150/1, yes thats 150/1 whereas the others have it as thier outsider at 50/1. .
watched the race & this horse bolted out of the stalls & was headed with 2F to go & dropped away very tamely. Seemed to be quite happy in front but doesnt stay 7f on this showing.

Well to be honest i think the Yarmouth Card is very below par this afternoon. but this is all on offer for the punters i would say keep the money in your pockets for tonight.. I will not be playing this afternoon, all my selections come tonight, but if was backing any horse's at Yarmouth i wanted to play it would have to be the Luca Cumani trained "WHAT A REASON" has been crying out for this softer surface, and the last run when finishing sixth i think can be disregarded,he gets his stable jockey Nicky Mackey in the plate and he does have a slim chance of upsetting the big guns in the race.The horse is 4lb down in the BHB,and has a respectable rating to win off, but i would advise a each play on this at odds of 8/1. Also on the card there is a seller, not the most enterprising race to get involved in, but if the money comes hard for Mark Brisbourne's "Liani" i would think of having a play, as i do know two partnerships that are going to place a bid on this horse and they are well connected. GL for today Wups
Well Liani did not run up to its ability, but What a Reason only went down by a head this afternoon at 17/2, so the each way played well today.

Sorry guys' date=' just seen the result:eyes , didn't even place. i will be more carefull about forwarding information for my firned in the future.[/quote'] never apologise for giving the info out Mr Bubbles, its not your fault the horse did not run up to promise or that the info recieved was not good enough, i am sure all that matters is you made the time to post it,it lost ,thats the way it goes, i am sure you will be back with good info in the future Wups